All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: All Things Environment

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:00 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:57 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:42 pm
“I meant it when I said the future was going to be made right here in America,” Biden said in a tweeted video with General Motors Co. chair and Chief Executive Officer Mary Barra on Thursday. “Companies like GM and Ford are building more electric vehicles here at home than ever before.”
[/i]
The tweet didn’t go unobserved by avid Twitter user and Tesla CEO Elon Musk. “Starts with a T. Ends with an A. ESL in the middle,” he replied.

At every opportunity, Biden hails progress Ford and GM have made toward fielding an electric fleet. But his ongoing and obvious snubs of Tesla -- a source of mild intrigue within the administration -- have sparked increasingly exasperated public reactions from Musk, the world’s wealthiest person and the CEO of both Tesla and SpaceX, which has government contracts with NASA and the U.S. military.

America needs to vote these Democratic loons out!!!
:lol: So let me see if understand what you're whining about today: Elon Musk isn't getting enough attention.

That's the gripe? Elon needs a hug?

Dude. Why do you go to such lenghts----Dems are bad. Just type that. Stop acting like there's anything else under your hat, Pete.

Why did Joe hesitate recognizing the single most important electric car manufacturer and environmental helper in the world? What’s his problem? Why are Democratic politicians so hypocritical?

:?: :?:
... Musk is neither. :roll: He won't be an automotive company, by the time 2027 rolls around he will have sold out to a real automotive company, for the value of the government regulatory credits on his balance sheet. This has always been his game plan. Whatever helping of the world's environment you credit Musk with, is really the doing of the US and foreign governments. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:34 pm
“I meant it when I said the future was going to be made right here in America,” Biden said in a tweeted video with General Motors Co. chair and Chief Executive Officer Mary Barra on Thursday. “Companies like GM and Ford are building more electric vehicles here at home than ever before.”
[/i]
The tweet didn’t go unobserved by avid Twitter user and Tesla CEO Elon Musk. “Starts with a T. Ends with an A. ESL in the middle,” he replied.

At every opportunity, Biden hails progress Ford and GM have made toward fielding an electric fleet. But his ongoing and obvious snubs of Tesla -- a source of mild intrigue within the administration -- have sparked increasingly exasperated public reactions from Musk, the world’s wealthiest person and the CEO of both Tesla and SpaceX, which has government contracts with NASA and the U.S. military.

:lol: So let me see if understand what you're whining about today: Elon Musk isn't getting enough attention.

Dude. Why do you go to such lenghts----Dems are bad. Just type that. Stop acting like there's anything else under your hat, Pete.

Why did Joe hesitate recognizing the single most important electric car manufacturer and environmental helper in the world? What’s his problem? Why are Democratic politicians so hypocritical?

... Musk is neither. :roll: He won't be an automotive company, by the time 2027 rolls around he will have sold out to a real automotive company, for the value of the government regulatory credits on his balance sheet. This has always been his game plan. Whatever helping of the world's environment you credit Musk with, is really the doing of the US and foreign governments. :lol: :lol:

Tesla’s market capitalization is larger than the combined value of five of its biggest rivals, Toyota Motor Corp, Volkswagen AG, Daimler AG, Ford Motor Co, and General Motors.

Those minnows are gonna swallow the whale? Good luck. :lol:

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 021-10-26/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:14 am
jhu72 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:34 pm
[/i]

Tesla’s market capitalization is larger than the combined value of five of its biggest rivals, Toyota Motor Corp, Volkswagen AG, Daimler AG, Ford Motor Co, and General Motors.

Those minnows are gonna swallow the whale? Good luck. :lol:

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 021-10-26/
Yes, 6th most valuable US company after an over 700% growth in market cap in 2020 though the car part of their business is likely not what is actually being valued so extremely high.

The actual car part is #1 in the world in EV currently, but with 21% of EV market share...that may grow a bit in the next couple of years, but the rest of the incumbent automative industry is now rapidly accelerating their investments in this sector. The sector tripled in 2020 and 2021 and is expected to get to about 20% of the overall automotive market in 2022. That's going to continue to grow at a rapid clip so being the leader is indeed highly valued. But there are serious players with other advantages which will surely be competitive.

We're seeing an explosion of EV here in the US and around the world, so I think we'll eventually see Tesla's market share (units and $) drop precipitously, while still growing sales (units and $) overall.

Tesla's market cap has dropped by 30% in the past 5-6 months.

I don't know about the prediction of being acquired/merging, but the extreme value (multiples) is likely in batteries more than the actual car business. That said, I also think that Tesla's focus on data acquisition and exploitation could be the most exciting aspect of the business...they haven't really cracked the autonomous vehicle challenge (yet) but as they do, the data around that could be transformative as well.

Very innovative group. Musk is no doubt a tremendous entrepreneur, value creator.

A jerk nevertheless.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Musk loses money on his car sales -- without the regulatory credits -- he is a loser. Governments are going to stop giving these credits over the next few years, he will have to start making money without these credits. Volkswagen Group will pass them in EV units sold in 12-18 months. In general Asia and Europe are already selling more units than we are in the US with a larger number of participants.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

My report from the trenches of the war for saving the planet. Roxy and i went for a 45 minute stroll this morning. We may be heading on the right track. I only picked up a half of bag of garbage this morning. That means that when all you sanctimonious environmental freaks want to ride your bikes down the trail this morning, good chance you won't slit your tire on a piece of broken glass from a booze bottle tossed out of a passing car... your all very welcome... ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Inexpensive Carbon Fiber from waste oil. An interesting technology for making inexpensive light weight very strong materials.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

How Climatologists Forgot the Sun Was Shining: Your Questions Answered

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/04/06/ ... Q72i-W8I_g
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:35 am How Climatologists Forgot the Sun Was Shining: Your Questions Answered

Why do I know that suddenly Doc 72s hair just became the victim of spontaneous combustion. You post an article from that heretic Lord Moncton. 😅 BTW there is an article about the mountains of trash on the inner loop in Rochester NY I am going to post. Maybe Doc 72 may rethink who we are saving the planet for?
https://www.newskudo.com/new-york/roche ... being-done

Maybe the good doctor can take a weekend off and get his veal soft hands dirty actually doing something POSITIVE for the planet he loves. How much trash has the good doctor actually picked up with his elitist FLP fingertips??? The world will never know. I forget, actually picking up garbage is waaaaaaay beneath his paygrade. What he does best is lecture all of of us to make a better world for himself. I pick up more trash in a week than his fancy pants liberal ass will ever pick up in his lifetime.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:35 am How Climatologists Forgot the Sun Was Shining: Your Questions Answered

+1, I pick up a bag of trash every morning when Roxy and i go for our walk. George Carlin hit the nail on the head when he said when he said these elitist environmental cretins just wanted to guarantee clean bike paths that they can ride on. If i scarf down faux burgers and drive an electric car and put solar panels on the southern exposure of my roof the planet will be saved. The earth will do what it wants, where it wants, when it wants and how it wants. If the dumb ass environmental freak circus "invests" a 100 trillion dollars in other peoples money to save the planet, nothing will change, the freak circus will guarantee they have clean bike trails to ride on... just watch out for trains.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/liber ... uxbndlbing
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:14 am Very innovative group. Musk is no doubt a tremendous entrepreneur, value creator.
A jerk nevertheless.
So people with Aspergers are jerks?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:19 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:14 am Very innovative group. Musk is no doubt a tremendous entrepreneur, value creator.
A jerk nevertheless.
Youth,

You got to remember, MD only selectively targets people that are not aligned with his narrow worldview/political ideology. Doesn't even realize the magnitude of the comment above. :lol: :lol:

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

A jerk nevertheless.
Everyone with Aspergers?

or just Musk?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:11 am
A jerk nevertheless.
Everyone with Aspergers?

or just Musk?
Nice try, an "I should not have said that" would be the right call.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:36 am
A jerk nevertheless.
Everyone with Aspergers?

or just Musk?
Musk couldn’t possibly be a jerk?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

A jerk nevertheless.
Everyone with Aspergers?

or just Musk?
Nope, I stand by my opinion that Musk is a jerk.
Far as I know that has nothing to do with Aspergers, though, sure it could contribute to some of his quirkiness and social awkwardness. And maybe something to do with his genius as well.

But it's not an excuse for actually being a jerk, which lots of folks with Aspergers certainly are not.

If you know that not to be the case, feel free to illuminate us. I'm definitely no expert, though I do have experience with folks 'on the spectrum'.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news ... -level-asd

for instance, here's a counter view about Musk, from someone also on the autism spectrum: https://slate.com/culture/2021/05/elon- ... ctrum.html
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:16 pm
A jerk nevertheless.
Everyone with Aspergers?

or just Musk?
Far as I know that has nothing to do with Aspergers, though, sure it could contribute to some of his quirkiness and social awkwardness. And maybe something to do with his genius as well.

But it's not an excuse for actually being a jerk, which lots of folks with Aspergers certainly are not.

If you know that not to be the case, feel free to illuminate us. I'm definitely no expert, though I do have experience with folks 'on the spectrum'.

for instance, here's a counter view about Musk, from someone also on the autism spectrum: https://slate.com/culture/2021/05/elon- ... ctrum.html
Of course you stand by your statement, you are reluctant to admit fault. Now, you want to double down, cite articles, and get into a pissing match about the nuances of ASD. Nice window in to you soul. From your article....seems you are no different, maybe you have it? ;) "Apparently, Asperger’s syndrome means never having to say you’re sorry."
~Livy
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:26 pm
A jerk nevertheless.
Everyone with Aspergers?

or just Musk?

Of course you stand by your statement, you are reluctant to admit fault. Now, you want to double down, cite articles, and get into a pissing match about the nuances of ASD. Nice window in to you soul. From your article....seems you are no different, maybe you have it? ;) "Apparently, Asperger’s syndrome means never having to say you’re sorry."
MD showing his true colors just about on a daily basis. Sickening. Standing by your post DOES NOT MEAN that your initial post was entirely the WRONG thing to say. Christ, come back to reality at some point MD! :lol: :lol:

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

A jerk nevertheless.
Everyone with Aspergers?

or just Musk?

:D my "soul"
I have an on the spectrum dwelling in my basement, so my experience may be a bit colored by that specific example.

But no, lots of people on the spectrum certainly aren't "jerks"...just like lots of people without Aspergers aren't jerks...

Do you disagree that Musk is a jerk and that's why you are getting so aggressive with me? I have no objection to your disagreement.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:54 pm
A jerk nevertheless.
Everyone with Aspergers?

or just Musk?

MD showing his true colors just about on a daily basis. Sickening. Standing by your post DOES NOT MEAN that your initial post was entirely the WRONG thing to say. Christ, come back to reality at some point MD! :lol: :lol:

Joe
Seriously, yet another personal attack is all you have to add?
I don't think Musk is a jerk because he has Asbergers, nor do I give him a pass because he's on the spectrum. Rather, I think he's a jerk because of some of his fully considered value judgments, not any social awkwardness issues...which don't bother me in the slightest.

If you disagree, why?
Come on, you must have an actual original opinion and reason for same...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:42 pm
A jerk nevertheless.
Everyone with Aspergers?

or just Musk?

:D my "soul"
I have an on the spectrum dwelling in my basement, so my experience may be a bit colored by that specific example.

But no, lots of people on the spectrum certainly aren't "jerks"...just like lots of people without Aspergers aren't jerks...

Do you disagree that Musk is a jerk and that's why you are getting so aggressive with me? I have no objection to your disagreement.
You put your stake in the ground, just surprised, that's all. #QFP
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”