All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: All Things Environment

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:35 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:26 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:28 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:39 am Say it 1000 times, say it 10000 times, it will NEVER change the fact that the planet needs to drastically reduce the burning of fossil fuels. It will happen too, probably long after your bones are helping push up new crops of beans and flowers in your garden. The good news is the technology is getting better and better and the public sector AND private industry across the world understand what is happening. Vent your bile on advocates of moving away from fossil fuels all you want, it won't matter one nit.

I'll say it a million times jaundice boy. We should all be good stewards of our planet. We don't need YOU and John Kerry telling us how to spend 100s of billions and trillions of our money to accomplish your wet dream. If you believe so strongly, brush off the dust and cobwebs on your checkbook and put YOUR money where your mouth is.

BTW, didn't your hero JK try and hide his yacht so he wouldn't have to pay tax on it?? Oooooooooooopsies, :P
Nothing like a whataboutism with that last line. Immaterial to the argument as well.

The facts are that human activity, chiefly through burning carbon based fuels are responsible for climate change. By now well agreed upon in the scientific community. It is also true that there will be a large cost that can be reduced IF we begin to limit fossil fuels - the faster the better.

The fact that you don't believe it makes no difference. You don't know what you are talking about...
FTR, enlighten me what 100 billion dollars sent to poor nations to fight the effects of climate change does a damn thing to save the planet? It does reinforce something you will never admit, that blind spot that does not allow you to see this is quickly becoming the biggest con game pulled off on the wealthy nations of the world. My point is you don't know how to save the planet, I don't know how to save the planet nobody knows how to save the planet. With your superior intellect to understand this mind boggling transfer of wealth with no real particular goal or objective is nothing more than thievery. I'm all about being a good steward of my planet. Every morning when I walk my dog besides the poop bag i have an extra bag for picking up all the fresh garbage people throw out of their cars or whatever every night. Are these the people you want to save the planet for? people so careless and thoughtless they will randomly throw garbage on the street. If you can't understand the concept of a freaking garbage can how do you understand the concept that the earth needs to be saved??? Maybe the earth should not be saved if these are the people you want to save it for.

Looks like Putin has been funding our darling FLP environmental groups!!! In order to suppress American energy exploration. Who would have ever thought?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house- ... ion-russia
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

I don’t share your pessimism that we cannot solve things. And it is not a scam. But I get that you do not have that same level of trust.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:56 pm I don’t share your pessimism that we cannot solve things. And it is not a scam. But I get that you do not have that same level of trust.
No, not when John Kerry is bloviating about the transfer of wealth of 100s of billions if not trillions of dollars to prevent problems that nobody, not even yourself, understands how they will manifest in 50 or a hundred years. I'll give you this Red, that sure is a serious case of being proactive indeedy. IMO it proves what I have been saying all along, this entire process is all about 💰💰💰💰. FTR my point about JK is very relevant even if you disagree. The man was deliberately trying to evade paying tax on his yacht. Character matters if the man is being trotted out by the POTUS to separate taxpayers from their tax dollars. Those would be the same tax dollars he surreptitiously tried to avoid.. # character matters..

https://www.independentsentinel.com/rem ... his-yacht/
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:56 pm I don’t share your pessimism that we cannot solve things. And it is not a scam. But I get that you do not have that same level of trust.
"I don’t share your pessimism that we cannot solve things."

The problem is that randomly throwing 100s of billions or trillions likely will not solve anything. It will put a huge smile on the faces of the many people that will receive this windfall. That is not pessimism sir, that is reality. If you believe in the cause then open up your checkbook and give until it hurts or you go broke... whichever comes first.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

The people in the environmental movement are communists. It’s simply an assault on the free market and freedom in general. It’s the inability to practice any free enterprise without government involvement. I have always said there is no way any normal person would believe “global warming” is the greatest threat to humanity above Nuclear war or Biological contagion and I have been right. Only abnormal people or communists say “global warming” is humanity’s greatest threat.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:13 am

The problem is that randomly throwing 100s of billions or trillions likely will not solve anything. It will put a huge smile on the faces of the many people that will receive this windfall. That is not pessimism sir, that is reality. If you believe in the cause then open up your checkbook and give until it hurts or you go broke... whichever comes first.
No one is "randomly throwing 100s of billions or trillions" at the problem. There are well defined ways of reducing fossil fuel usage - convert transportation to electric and start replacing the coal and gas generation with nuclear and renewables.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:24 am The people in the environmental movement are communists. It’s simply an assault on the free market and freedom in general. It’s the inability to practice any free enterprise without government involvement. I have always said there is no way any normal person would believe “global warming” is the greatest threat to humanity above Nuclear war or Biological contagion and I have been right. Only abnormal people or communists say “global warming” is humanity’s greatest threat.

+1
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:50 am

No one is "randomly throwing 100s of billions or trillions" at the problem. There are well defined ways of reducing fossil fuel usage - convert transportation to electric and start replacing the coal and gas generation with nuclear and renewables.
That is very interesting. The countries this money is headed towards have been designated to aid in the damage being anticipated due to climate change. Most of these nations barely have running water much less coal and gas plants. I'm only judging by what I have read. What I have read is this will be the cost to relocate many of these people inland should the waters rise as some folks predict it will.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:14 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:50 am

That is very interesting. The countries this money is headed towards have been designated to aid in the damage being anticipated due to climate change. Most of these nations barely have running water much less coal and gas plants. I'm only judging by what I have read. What I have read is this will be the cost to relocate many of these people inland should the waters rise as some folks predict it will.

The waters will never rise in any apocalyptic sense. Most of this environmental messaging is being funded by Russia and OPEC, and unfortunately too many of us buy into the misinformation.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Russia and OPEC are funding concern about climate change...they want a reduction in fossil fuel demand??? Huh?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:24 am The people in the environmental movement are communists. It’s simply an assault on the free market and freedom in general. It’s the inability to practice any free enterprise without government involvement. I have always said there is no way any normal person would believe “global warming” is the greatest threat to humanity above Nuclear war or Biological contagion and I have been right. Only abnormal people or communists say “global warming” is humanity’s greatest threat.
Damned near spot on. If its getting hotter, then more water should evaporate as sea levels rise and we should just pump it back into the earth to be filtered. ;) :lol:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:23 pmDamned near spot on. If its getting hotter, then more water should evaporate as sea levels rise and we should just pump it back into the earth to be filtered. ;) :lol:
You really wanna play this dumb? Global "warming" just means "it's getting hotter"??

You're better than this, YA (or so some think...)

Maybe you just forgot to switch on the sarcasm font??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:59 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:23 pmDamned near spot on. If its getting hotter, then more water should evaporate as sea levels rise and we should just pump it back into the earth to be filtered. ;) :lol:
You really wanna play this dumb? Global "warming" just means "it's getting hotter"??

You're better than this, YA (or so some think...)

Maybe you just forgot to switch on the sarcasm font??

Sounds like your pet polar bear is influencing your opinion. YA is making more sense than your borderline idiotic response. That is by no way a personal attack on you, only your comment.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:13 pm Russia and OEC are funding concern about climate change...they want a reduction in fossil fuel demand??? Huh?

They realize demand can’t fall in the near term, but political pressure on production and refining in the US can immediately impact homegrown competition. So they are funding environmentalist hysteria, yup.

We have way too many people who willingly and blindly accept spoon-fed environmental hysteria.

Meanwhile, Obama and Gore can’t seem to buy enough oceanfront property….
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://news.yahoo.com/us-says-100-bill ... giTRYnouT0

So at what point in time, to reference the opinion of Red, are these 100s of billions of dollars going to be spent, monitored, audited for any results?? I mean no disrespect but Red does not seem to have the first clue where this money will be spent. so John Kerry, by his own words promises 11 billion a year from the US and he guarantees the other 89 billion dollars will come from where exactly??? John Kerry just told a whopper of a lie that is Trumpesque in its boldness and audacity. I have said this all along and i believe it more true now than ever... it is time to end this CC/GW scam. I'm impressed at the boldness of the con artists out there. I only hope that sooner rather than later the average American understands they are being ripped off. I am blessed not to be encumbered by a PhD, Masters or BS or any other degree where people become so full of their intelligence they don't understand how stupid and gullible they can be. So if any of you folks actually believe the rest of the rich nations will pony up the 89 billion John Kerry promised... raise your hands and stand up .. We play poker once a month, 1 dollar ante and 5 dollar max bet with a 3 bump limit. You are all cordially invited to join us. We need a fresh infusion of new blood... :D.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:13 pm Russia and OEC are funding concern about climate change...they want a reduction in fossil fuel demand??? Huh?

They realize demand can’t fall in the near term, but political pressure on production and refining in the US can immediately impact homegrown competition. So they are funding environmentalist hysteria, yup.

We have way too many people who willingly and blindly accept spoon-fed environmental hysteria.

Man, that's some twisted in knots thinking...the US is going to dramatically reduce oil CONSUMPTION over the next couple of decades, while capable of continuing to be the world's largest producer.

If the world also converts to other, more environmentally safe, and ultimately cheaper forms of energy consumption, oil prices will ultimately fall...and a lot. And the faster that conversion happens the lower the value of those OPEC and Russian reserves.

But yeah, Russian and OPEC trolls are sowing fear of climate change...hoo boy :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:32 pm

Man, that's some twisted in knots thinking...the US is going to dramatically reduce oil CONSUMPTION over the next couple of decades, while capable of continuing to be the world's largest producer.

If the world also converts to other, more environmentally safe, and ultimately cheaper forms of energy consumption, oil prices will ultimately fall...and a lot. And the faster that conversion happens the lower the value of those OPEC and Russian reserves.

But yeah, Russian and OPEC trolls are sowing fear of climate change...hoo boy :roll:
So whatta think of Kerry's 100 billion dollar scam???? Actually the US is committed to a measly pittence of 11 billion. You think the other 89 billion will ever see the light of day? Inquiring minds want to know. What does 100 billion dollars sent to a fund run by the UN buy??? I already know the answer to the question... FTR, since this money will gratuitously be handed over to the UN...who is responsible for keeping track of this money???? Pretty cool, a hundred billion a year handed over with no apparent accountability. How did Trump not weasel his way into this gig?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradle, on this topic you've lost all credibility for any sort of nuance or balance, so it's not useful to engage with you on this topic.

On others, we tend to find common ground when we work at it. Not this one, though we do both believe in picking up the trash in our neighborhoods, even if not on our own property...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:32 pm

So whatta think of Kerry's 100 billion dollar scam???? Actually the US is committed to a measly pittence of 11 billion. You think the other 89 billion will ever see the light of day? Inquiring minds want to know. What does 100 billion dollars sent to a fund run by the UN buy??? I already know the answer to the question... FTR, since this money will gratuitously be handed over to the UN...who is responsible for keeping track of this money???? Pretty cool, a hundred billion a year handed over with no apparent accountability. How did Trump not weasel his way into this gig?

John Kerry is truly one of the worst politicians still sticking his unsated snout in the trough.

Had he a patina of humility, he would have married Theresa and quietly scarfed on John Heinz’ cash, as distasteful as that would have been anyway.

Instead, he sticks his Herman Munster mug in every bs environmental meeting, seeking camera time, flying huge Gulfstreams to events, signing away the future of the American middle class.

You really can’t dislike this guy enough. The living walking embodiment of hypocrisy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.nationalgeographic.org/ency ... age-patch/

I wonder why that blowhard Kerry never mentioned spending a single penny on solving a real and present danger.

100 billion a year to be whizzed away by the UN to make their members rich, maybe they could have found a few crumbs to solve a REAL ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEM??? What say you about this RED???

Maybe that jerk Kerry could sail the Isabel out and pick up some garbage. He could resupply the wine fridge on the voyage there. They could even restock fresh caviar and escargot... He could speak french all the way there to keep fluent... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If the planet really needs to be saved... John Kerry would be at the very bottom of any list to be in charge of the job... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”