2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:34 am
dislaxxic wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:59 pm Shapiro vs. Mastriano will be pretty fascinating to watch.

I'm just watching from across the river, but I agree.

The Rs have screwed this up royally. With a good candidate, they had a real shot at the Governor's race. I don't think this MAGA clown will win.

Assuming the Wizard of Oz wins the R primary, the Rs will have similarly screwed up the Senate race. I don't think the carpetbagger from NJ can win. As Charlie Dent says, this becomes a one issue race: Oz is not a Pennsylvanian. Easy issue to understand. Easy to vote against the alien from NJ. Had the Rs run a reasonable candidate, he or she could well have won.

Hope I'm not counting my chickens too early.
HRC was never a New Yorker but she carpet bagged her way to being a US Senator from our state. If it worked for the queen of evil it can work for Oz.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Pa. and NY are very different states. It also worked for RFK in New York.

I imagine the attitudes toward outsiders are similar in upstate where you live to what they are in Pennsylvania. As you know better than I do, voting in New York is controlled by New York City.

Dent cited an example of someone he ran against from out of state. Seemed to suggest it was one of the easiest elections he ever had. Can’t remember the guy’s name.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:02 am Pa. and NY are very different states. It also worked for RFK in New York.

I imagine the attitudes toward outsiders are similar in upstate where you live to what they are in Pennsylvania. As you know better than I do, voting in New York is controlled by New York City.

Dent cited an example of someone he ran against from out of state. Seemed to suggest it was one of the easiest elections he ever had. Can’t remember the guy’s name.

Josh Shapiro was born in Missouri…

David McCormick was born and raised in Pennsylvania.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:04 am
dislaxxic wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:59 pm Shapiro vs. Mastriano will be pretty fascinating to watch.

The Rs have screwed this up royally. With a good candidate, they had a real shot at the Governor's race. I don't think this MAGA clown will win.

Assuming the Wizard of Oz wins the R primary, the Rs will have similarly screwed up the Senate race. I don't think the carpetbagger from NJ can win. As Charlie Dent says, this becomes a one issue race: Oz is not a Pennsylvanian. Easy issue to understand. Easy to vote against the alien from NJ. Had the Rs run a reasonable candidate, he or she could well have won.

HRC was never a New Yorker but she carpet bagged her way to being a US Senator from our state. If it worked for the queen of evil it can work for Oz.

Cradle,

Hillary beating Lazio remains the most bizarre outcome in American politics. I’d vote for Disslax over Hillary!

Anyway, these sweet posters here at Fanlax. They seem to overlook a few *tiny* items in the way of every single Democrat running in 2022…. For the cheap seats:

1. Inflation
2. Gas prices on the way to rationing
3. Stock markets imploding
4. Recession
5. Stagflation
6. Physical threats to SCOTUS judges
7. Next summer if violence
8. Crime
9. Chicago
10.free speech
11. Woke nonsense
12. Latinx
13. Gender theory
14. Covid lockdowns
15. Mask insanity
16. Ministry of Truth
17. Afghanistan
18. Biden’s dementia
19. The Squad
20. Anti parent

Democrats are going to lose every single contested election this November, and it won’t be close.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:07 am
njbill wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:02 am Pa. and NY are very different states. It also worked for RFK in New York.

Shapiro went to high school in Pennsylvania and has worked as a Pennsylvania politician much of his adult life. Oz has never had any connection to Pennsylvania other than the fact that his in-laws live there.

Not sure why you bring up McCormick as my argument is about Oz. I think McCormick would be a much more formidable candidate than Oz in the general. But he has to beat Oz first.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:27 am

Shapiro went to high school in Pennsylvania and has worked as a Pennsylvania politician much of his adult life. Oz has never had any connection to Pennsylvania other than the fact that his in-laws live there.

Not sure why you bring up McCormick as my argument is about Oz. I think McCormick would be a much more formidable candidate than Oz in the general. But he has to beat Oz first.

McCormick will squeak out the W over Oz.

I forgot to add: McCormick is just a great guy. It’ll be fascinating to hear MD promote Shapiro, a person who quite literally has never had a real job always feeding from the taxpayers wallet while simultaneously taking that teacher union cash for cover….over David, an incredible guy who quite literally has helped create thousands of real jobs for American families. Anxious to hear this one!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:14 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:04 am

Cradle,

Hillary beating Lazio remains the most bizarre outcome in American politics. I’d vote for Disslax over Hillary!

Anyway, these sweet posters here at Fanlax. They seem to overlook a few *tiny* items in the way of every single Democrat running in 2022…. For the cheap seats:

1. Inflation
2. Gas prices on the way to rationing
3. Stock markets imploding
4. Recession
5. Stagflation
6. Physical threats to SCOTUS judges
7. Next summer if violence
8. Crime
9. Chicago
10.free speech
11. Woke nonsense
12. Latinx
13. Gender theory
14. Covid lockdowns
15. Mask insanity
16. Ministry of Truth
17. Afghanistan
18. Biden’s dementia
19. The Squad
20. Anti parent

Democrats are going to lose every single contested election this November, and it won’t be close.

As was just privately pointed out to me,

How did I forget the baby formula crisis?!??
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:36 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:16 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:04 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:27 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:27 am
old salt wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:36 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:47 pm
a fan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:05 pm
old salt wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:56 pm :shock: :? :?: ...those aren't my words. I'm not even posting in this thread.
Cut and paste error. Fixed.

My apologies.
funny...wonder how that even happened.
Russian hackers.
ok, Vlad, we'll just "trust" your state TV , Fox.

I've been on this AM, and I'm seeing no "glee", rather straight reporting of "mixed bag" about Trump's continued influence. Several whack jobs and reprobates were defeated in GOP primaries, but several got through, indeed the GOP's candidate for Governor is about as dangerously anti-democracy as they come.

Some of us stay in a fight rather than cut and run. I promise it’s more worthwhile, even if you don’t think you’ve got what it takes. Think it over.

Lots of happy voices on conference calls this morning. MTG hopefully is next. You can support her exceptionally qualified primary opponent here:

https://strahanforcongress.com/
Tell us, Pete, exactly how are you involved in the GOP apparatus? We know you've been a keyboard propaganda warrior here, but what's your formal role in the party?

And no, Jennifer won't get my support. She firmly and proudly espouses all the culture war nonsense that I reject, just without the "crazy" of MGT.
... just one more anti-woman candidate. :roll:

It’s always a rookie mistake to talk about yourself, MD. I’m interested in ideas, not people.

But since you asked pleasantly, I have zero formal role with the RNC; I’m just a meager donor doing my bit to ensure the party grows. And a lot of folks are VERY happy today!! Madison was a drag on the broader positive Republican message. Republicans represent all that is good about this country. Patriotic, constitutionalist, business, freedom of speech, civility. When guys like Madison mess up the message, we do what we can to move them along and away.

MTG will be harder to displace, but Jennifer is great so everyone is hopeful. I sent her $2,700. I know many others have as well. But MTG has ample funds because she’s tapped into the national disgust with the far lefts lunacy. She’ll be tough to defeat but we might get it done. Everyone is trying.

There are more on the list, but let’s start with these two. LFG!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
... he messed up.

You mean Cawthorn told the truth about republiCON drug orgies. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

.... McCormick is an interesting character. He does not really seem very political when you look at his resume. He was clearly a social liberal at one time, probably still is. He didn't become a republican until he graduated from graduate school in international relations which is his expertise. He is a most unlike Trump candidate - seemingly competent. I can see why Trump hates him. He does however have a bit of a social climber streak in him, apparently. See nothing which indicates he would break the mold of today's republiCON party. He is no Adam Kinzinger or Lynn Cheney. He is a go along to get along type. A very dangerous character flaw in today's republiCON party. In normal times I would have no significant problem with him, at least what I can see.

If he wins the candidacy Trump can and will make a lot of trouble for McCormick in the general - demotivating his hardcore base.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:43 am

I forgot to add: McCormick is just a great guy. It’ll be fascinating to hear MD promote Shapiro, a person who quite literally has never had a real job always feeding from the taxpayers wallet while simultaneously taking that teacher union cash for cover….over David, an incredible guy who quite literally has helped create thousands of real jobs for American families. Anxious to hear this one!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shapiro isn't running against McCormick. He's running against that MAGA-head. You are confusing the Governor's race with the Senate race.

Shapiro isn't the strongest candidate who ever came down the pike, but he's millions of miles better than the Trump toadie he's running against.

Given the current political climate as well as the purple nature of Pa., Republicans should have been ideally situated to win the two main races. But if Oz wins, they will have royally blown it in both races. From a Democrat perspective, it looks like they will be getting their dream opponents.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:45 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:43 am

Shapiro isn't running against McCormick. He's running against that MAGA-head. You are confusing the Governor's race with the Senate race.

Shapiro isn't the strongest candidate who ever came down the pike, but he's millions of miles better than the Trump toadie he's running against.

Given the current political climate as well as the purple nature of Pa., Republicans should have been ideally situated to win the two main races. But if Oz wins, they will have royally blown it in both races. From a Democrat perspective, it looks like they will be getting their dream opponents.

You’re correct, JHU72. I’m wrong.

You should frame this post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do we get to hear MD promote Fetterman over McCormick/?? :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Fetterman is far better than either of the republiCON turkeys, KellyAnne. They people of Pennsylvania will confirm this. Just so you don't misunderstand. McCormack is just another obviously lying politician trying to fit into the republiCON mold. He should have stayed a democrat. He would sleep better a night. :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:12 pm Fetterman is far better than either of the republiCON turkeys, KellyAnne. They people of Pennsylvania will confirm this. Just so you don't misunderstand. McCormack is just another obviously lying politician trying to fit into the republiCON mold. He should have stayed a democrat. He would sleep better a night. :lol:

Q: "Do you believe that men can become pregnant and have abortions?" -@RepDanBishop

A: "Yes." -Democrat witness

https://twitter.com/judiciarygop/status ... uexNBjDLkQ

This left lunacy costs 25 House seats, 2-3 Senate seats and maybe the White House.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:12 pm Fetterman is far better than either of the republiCON turkeys, KellyAnne. They people of Pennsylvania will confirm this. Just so you don't misunderstand. McCormack is just another obviously lying politician trying to fit into the republiCON mold. He should have stayed a democrat. He would sleep better a night. :lol:

Q: "Do you believe that men can become pregnant and have abortions?" -@RepDanBishop

This left lunacy costs 25 House seats, 2-3 Senate seats and maybe the White House.
... good luck with selling that KellyAnne. I don't care for your chances. :lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:40 pm

... good luck with selling that KellyAnne. I don't care for your chances. :lol: :lol:

When even the lib media turn on you:

4863C288-D7C7-4C1D-A1F5-0F5EC9A82A60.jpeg
4863C288-D7C7-4C1D-A1F5-0F5EC9A82A60.jpeg (101.12 KiB) Viewed 376 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:10 pm

Yep! And what's DeSantis plan to fix these problems, Pete?

Or is he just a feckless and powerless empty suit, Pete? Cause if he is? Why would we vote for him in the future?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:46 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:10 pm

Yep! And what's DeSantis plan to fix these problems, Pete?

Or is he just a feckless and powerless empty suit, Pete? Cause if he is? Why would we vote for him in the future?

Is Desantis President yet?

He’s doing the same thing Polis is doing, I assume. Trying to stick fingers in the dam that Biden is breaking.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DeathSantis will never be president. Trump will see to that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:38 pm Is Desantis President yet?
:lol: So you think Biden has the power to fix supply shortages...yet at the exact same time, DeSantis has none?

Do you need me to explain how States and Countries work again?

Return to “POLITICS”