2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:05 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:00 am One random person explains it perfectly:

75F3E2EA-86CE-40E8-83B7-A03E84E22C54.jpeg
Ah yeah, the guy trying to get attention and trying to get out ahead of the story of him exposing his junk to an employee. And having to settle with a quarter million bucks.

Real stand up dude, no wonder you love him so much. :lol:

Surely there’s zero chance that the story is far more nuanced than your understanding, and the female didn’t consider that the worlds wealthiest man would cut a check for $250k simply to spare himself the pain of a time and legal fees? Nah, that’d never be the case!! :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Stacey is looking to really sew up the Georgia-hating residents of Georgia!!! And yes, I realize that Georgia hating residents are Democrats.

Stacey Abrams makes eyebrow-raising comment ahead of Georgia primary

Republicans are criticizing Democratic gubernatorial candidate for Georgia Stacey Abrams after she skewered the Republican talking point that Georgia is the "best state in the country to do business" when it is, according to her, the "worst state in the country to live."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ay-vpx.cnn

Interesting strategy. If it works, look for national Democrats to say similar things about America!! :lol: :lol:

Boy, when the mask slips…
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:46 pm Stacey is looking to really sew up the Georgia-hating residents of Georgia!!! And yes, I realize that Georgia hating residents are Democrats.

Republicans are criticizing Democratic gubernatorial candidate for Georgia Stacey Abrams after she skewered the Republican talking point that Georgia is the "best state in the country to do business" when it is, according to her, the "worst state in the country to live."

Interesting strategy. If it works, look for national Democrats to say similar things about America!! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, "worst place" was badly phrased...
How do you respond to her statement after, "contextualize"?...those are some pretty serious negative stats...

She needs to get a statement out, if she hasn't, that she's running to make Georgia the #1 place to live in America, fixing those issues where Georgia falls so short...

I'm giving you a chance to not make a partisan, hit-job response...seriously, should Georgia not aspire to do better?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:46 pm Stacey is looking to really sew up the Georgia-hating residents of Georgia!!! And yes, I realize that Georgia hating residents are Democrats.

How do you respond to her statement after, "contextualize"?...those are some pretty serious negative stats...

She needs to get a statement out, if she hasn't, that she's running to make Georgia the #1 place to live in America, fixing those issues where Georgia falls so short...

I'm giving you a chance to not make a partisan, hit-job response...seriously, should Georgia not aspire to do better?

Of course it should. But you’re missing the issue here. I could live in the rattiest rat hole in human existence, but if I thought of heading it, I’d presumably love it to death. Why else would I want to lead it. ‘Yeah we got some issues, I’m not delusional, but it’s the best gd state in the country!’ is what I’d say. The fact she didn’t tells you what she really thinks about her state.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Of course it should. But you’re missing the issue here. I could live in the rattiest rat hole in human existence, but if I thought of heading it, I’d presumably love it to death. Why else would I want to lead it. ‘Yeah we got some issues, I’m not delusional, but it’s the best gd state in the country!’ is what I’d say. The fact she didn’t tells you what she really thinks about her state.
yup, what I'd expect from you.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:37 pm

That I love the state I live in, even though it’s not perfect? Yeah. Guilty as charged.

Everyone should love where they live. Especially politicians who seek your vote.

Don’t you? If you don’t, then move to where you will.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:41 pm

That I love the state I live in, even though it’s not perfect? Yeah. Guilty as charged.

Everyone should love where they live. Especially politicians who seek your vote.

"love"???

Nope, I appreciate the positives certainly, not so pleased with the negatives.
I can't really imagine anyplace where that wouldn't be the case, trade-offs.

If I was a politician, I'd certainly want to be sure that I expressed the appreciation...yet, the only reason that would motivate me to be in politics would be for improvement, and, as a challenger of an incumbent, I'd focus on why the status quo is not ok.

Grabbing a few phrases out of context, though, is just partisan games.

My hunch is that Abrams has plenty of appreciation and care and commitment. But she's the challenger, in a State which has some serious negatives to be addressed.

I think she'd blow away Perdue, but Kemp is going to be tough to dislodge. I'm not a fan of some of his policies, but boy, way, way better than Perdue!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:53 pm

"love"???

If I was a politician, I'd certainly want to be sure that I expressed the appreciation...yet, the only reason that would motivate me to be in politics would be for improvement, and, as a challenger of an incumbent, I'd focus on why the status quo is not ok.

My hunch is that Abrams has plenty of appreciation and care and commitment. But she's the challenger, in a State which has some serious negatives to be addressed.

I think she'd blow away Perdue, but Kemp is going to be tough to dislodge. I'm not a fan of some of his policies, but boy, way, way better than Perdue!

On this we agree. I’m no fan of Perdue but do like Kemp.

Abrams of course is a lunatic unfit for any role.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:58 pm

"love"???

Which is a strong endorsement for Abrams, given your history.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:03 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:58 pm

"love"???

Which is a strong endorsement for Abrams, given your history.

I’d prefer you endorse her. I’d feel better.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:36 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:03 pm ... we will see about that claim. The game isn't over, it is all on paper. :lol: :lol: None of this however precludes his being a conman. Clowns like you believed all Trump's claims about how rich and what a great businessman he was. You seems to worship guys like this.

What a one-two to understand where we are in America.

B447743E-76D1-45F4-A827-D6139A096C5A.jpeg

B8DB1ED3-9827-483D-99C0-C67C22C38D63.jpeg

Jeezus. Vote this fall for Republicans like your life depends on it. Because it does.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... orker.html
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

“I am tired of hearing about being the best state in the country to do business when we are the worst state in the country to live,” Abrams, who is expected to formally receive her party’s nomination for governor in Georgia’s primary on Tuesday, said Saturday in remarks that received extended applause.

“Now, somebody’s going to try to Politifact me on this — let me contextualize,” Abrams continued. “When you’re No. 48 for mental health, when you’re No. 1 for maternal mortality, when you have an incarceration rate that’s on the rise and wages that are on the decline, then you are not the No. 1 place to live in the United States. But we can get there. You see, Georgia is capable of greatness. We just need greatness to be in our governor’s office.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-e ... -rcna30134
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:42 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:36 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:03 pm ... we will see about that claim. The game isn't over, it is all on paper. :lol: :lol: None of this however precludes his being a conman. Clowns like you believed all Trump's claims about how rich and what a great businessman he was. You seems to worship guys like this.

What a one-two to understand where we are in America.

B447743E-76D1-45F4-A827-D6139A096C5A.jpeg

B8DB1ED3-9827-483D-99C0-C67C22C38D63.jpeg

Jeezus. Vote this fall for Republicans like your life depends on it. Because it does.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... orker.html
... more from the Daily Rag. :lol: :lol: Get a better source. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:58 pm

“I am tired of hearing about being the best state in the country to do business when we are the worst state in the country to live,” Abrams, who is expected to formally receive her party’s nomination for governor in Georgia’s primary on Tuesday, said Saturday in remarks that received extended applause.

“Now, somebody’s going to try to Politifact me on this — let me contextualize,” Abrams continued. “When you’re No. 48 for mental health, when you’re No. 1 for maternal mortality, when you have an incarceration rate that’s on the rise and wages that are on the decline, then you are not the No. 1 place to live in the United States. But we can get there. You see, Georgia is capable of greatness. We just need greatness to be in our governor’s office.

Thank you. Amazing how the partisans wanted so badly to make this into something that it definitely wasn't.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:58 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:58 pm

“Now, somebody’s going to try to Politifact me on this — let me contextualize,” Abrams continued. “When you’re No. 48 for mental health, when you’re No. 1 for maternal mortality, when you have an incarceration rate that’s on the rise and wages that are on the decline, then you are not the No. 1 place to live in the United States. But we can get there. You see, Georgia is capable of greatness. We just need greatness to be in our governor’s office.

Thank you. Amazing how the partisans wanted so badly to make this into something that it definitely wasn't.

It’s actually more amazing how much you stretch to justify excusing batty Democrats who would literally ruin a state if they had the levers of power. Your coming endorsement of Stacey is the worst kept secret on Fanlax. Speaking of secrets

Wouldn’t it simply be easier coming out of the closet to freely embrace life as a Democrat?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Nope, I prefer to be a crossover Republican, holding out at least the hope the fever will break and actual fiscal conservatives/social progressives or moderates will reemerge in the GOP someday.

I didn't have an issue voting for my current GOP Governor, for instance.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump's cast of boot licks all lost in Georgia. Raffensperger beat Hice, his opponent, Trump's pick, 52% to 34%. Wasn't close. Kemp won, Car won. The republicans who didn't fall for the BIG LIE and fought against it, won. Walker and MTG were the outliers. The question now is how many Trump hardcore supporters will stay home in the general election. Trump is not going to support Kemp, Car or Raffensperger.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm Nope, I prefer to be a crossover Republican, holding out at least the hope the fever will break and actual fiscal conservatives/social progressives or moderates will reemerge in the GOP someday.

So you still believe actual fiscal conservatives still exist? They must live on the same street as unicorns and leprechauns.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:06 am Trump's cast of boot licks all lost in Georgia. Raffensperger beat Hice, his opponent, Trump's pick, 52% to 34%. Wasn't close. Kemp won, Car won. The republicans who didn't fall for the BIG LIE and fought against it, won. Walker and MTG were the outliers. The question now is how many Trump hardcore supporters will stay home in the general election. Trump is not going to support Kemp, Car or Raffensperger.

Kemp will beat Stacey by no less than 10%. She’s a train wreck like MTG, just the other side.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Wed May 25, 2022 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:19 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm Nope, I prefer to be a crossover Republican, holding out at least the hope the fever will break and actual fiscal conservatives/social progressives or moderates will reemerge in the GOP someday.

So you still believe actual fiscal conservatives still exist? They must live on the same street as unicorns and leprechauns.

Rand Paul

Return to “POLITICS”