Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:31 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:08 am
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:45 am Remember the Cole !
Remember Grenada!
FTR, my former paratroopers in the 82nd Airborne participated in the invasion of Grenada. Some of them died... Why don't you make fun of them???? You should be more particular in posting about topics that make you look more stupid than you already are.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 176804283/

Maybe TLD, you should do some research before you make an ASS of yourself??

DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHY WE INVADED GRENADA?????????????????????????????????????? Probably not, you were probably still chiting yellow in your diapers if you were even born yet.

FTR... my former battalion of the 2/508 airborne infantry was part of the invasion of Grenada. So you don't think this is personal to me???
Low hanging fruit.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:00 am
Remember Grenada!
FTR, my former paratroopers in the 82nd Airborne participated in the invasion of Grenada. Some of them died... Why don't you make fun of them???? You should be more particular in posting about topics that make you look more stupid than you already are.

DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHY WE INVADED GRENADA?????????????????????????????????????? Probably not, you were probably still chiting yellow in your diapers if you were even born yet.

FTR... my former battalion of the 2/508 airborne infantry was part of the invasion of Grenada. So you don't think this is personal to me???
Low hanging fruit.
As low hanging as the yellow chit accumulating in your diapers when the Marines and the US Army actually invaded Grenada. Do you remember why they were sent there??? If your going to talk out of your ass TLD you might want to be better informed before you speak... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: FTR... did you even BOTHER to look at the names of the members of our military that died during the invasion of Grenada???? Do you even care?????? Hell, Grenada was so long ago... who even remembers????
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
old salt

Post by old salt »

18 souls lost in Grenada, 17 lost onboard the Cole. It's all a joke to laughing boy.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:16 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:00 am
Remember Grenada!

Low hanging fruit.
As low hanging as the yellow chit accumulating in your diapers when the Marines and the US Army actually invaded Grenada. Do you remember why they were sent there??? If your going to talk out of your ass TLD you might want to be better informed before you speak... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: FTR... did you even BOTHER to look at the names of the members of our military that died during the invasion of Grenada???? Do you even care?????? Hell, Grenada was so long ago... who even remembers????
It depends on who you know.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:39 am 18 souls lost in Grenada, 17 lost onboard the Cole. It's all a joke to laughing boy.
Old Sage.... You have to distinguish between you and the events.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:55 am
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:39 am 18 souls lost in Grenada, 17 lost onboard the Cole. It's all a joke to laughing boy.
It is not a joke to me. It is a joke to you. Maybe we should go back to something that is important to you... BLM... now that is important right???
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:58 am
It is not a joke to me. It is a joke to you. Maybe we should go back to something that is important to you... BLM... now that is important right???
You are the joke to me.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Remember the Beirut Barracks Bombing...Reagan sure did. He wagged the dog all the way into Grenada.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:04 am
You are the joke to me.
To quote the late Rush Limbaugh.... DITTOS.... :D We finally agree on something... we are both jokes to one another. :D
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:07 am Remember the Beirut Barracks Bombing...Reagan sure did. He wagged the dog all the way into Grenada.

There were no US medical students being held captive in Beirut where there Dis??? Was that not the reason for the rescue mission???? The mission was to rescue these medical students who chose to go to med school in Granada. Your making a comparison that has no relevance. Have another mug of Ovaltine then clear your head and try again. I understand what your trying to say, your just failing miserably in your attempt... as usual. :D The Marines were sent to Beirut to be peacekeepers. The Marines and the US Army went to Grenada on a rescue mission. It was a very well defined mission from the start.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:07 am Remember the Beirut Barracks Bombing...Reagan sure did. He wagged the dog all the way into Grenada.

Republicans prefer that you remember Benghazi (while forgetting about the many more dead during attacks on American embassies under Bush).
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:09 am
You are the joke to me.
To quote the late Rush Limbaugh.... DITTOS.... :D We finally agree on something... we are both jokes to one another. :D
I am good with it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:25 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:09 am
You are the joke to me.
I am good with it.
Me too!!!
DocBarrister

Trump Deal with Taliban Was Disaster

Post by DocBarrister »

Former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani agreed on Sunday that the Trump’s administration’s deal with the Taliban that intended to lead to the withdrawal of U.S. troops from the country was a disaster.

During an appearance on CNN’s “Fareed Zakaria GPS,” Ghani told host Fareed Zakaria that he was critical of the Afghan government being excluded from initial talks.

Ghani declined to say whether he felt betrayed by the U.S. but when Zakaria asked, “Do you think that Trump accord with the Taliban was a disaster?” Ghani replied, “It was,” adding that he believed the Afghan-led portion of the process was “hijacked.”

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... aster/amp/

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Ghani’s remarks come nearly one year after the chaotic U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, which was ultimately executed by the Biden administration
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:56 am
Ghani’s remarks come nearly one year after the chaotic U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, which was ultimately executed by the Biden administration
I don't know anyone who thinks that the withdrawal wasn't "chaotic"...after significant warning, we left, with many others still wanting to leave left behind, enemy at and even inside the gate...because we left.

But this was Trump's promise, though under his "plan" and even "orders" would have happened even more precipitously, many more left behind, including Americans.
DMac

Post by DMac »

There's a lot of blame to go around there though, kram.
Any way you look at it, we can build another wall like the
Vietnam one and list more American GIs who died in vain.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DMac wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:07 am There's a lot of blame to go around there though, kram.
Agreed. And I've said this a couple times before-
Every administration since we got involved there is to blame for this mess.
I just look forward to MD and others being as outspoken about Doc's one-sided blame.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:39 am
DMac wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:07 am There's a lot of blame to go around there though, kram.
Agreed. And I've said this a couple times before-
Every administration since we got involved there is to blame for this mess.
No, Bush gets a pass. He invaded to go after Bin Laden and those who attacked us. For ONCE, we invaded because we were attacked first.

Obama does NOT get a pass. We got OBL on his watch, and had eviscerated his crew. He should have claimed that our troops finished their mission (they did, in fact, accomplish the goal we gave them), and left the country.

Trump doesn't get a pass, because he enabled more mission drift.

Biden gets a full pass for having the stones to get us the F out of there, YEARS after we accomplished the goal which led to the invasion in the first place.

And since we're gone? No US troop casualties in Afghanistan. And no US families scared sh*tless because their sons and daughters are over there for no freaking reason.

edited for stupidity on my part....
Last edited by a fan on Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:39 am
Trump doesn't get a pass, because he enabled more mission drift.

Biden gets a full pass for having the stones to get us the F out of there, YEARS after we accomplished the goal which led to the invasion in the first place.

And since we're gone? No US troop casualties in Afghanistan. And no US families scared sh*tless because their sons and daughters are over there for no freaking reason.
On this we mostly agree.

It seems like the stability of the region is always a concern, whether we are there or not. From a leadership and worldwide safety/stability angle, I don't have a perspective on what our presence there accomplished.

I don't like how the haphazard withdrawl happened, but I am happy we aren't such a presence over there any more.

Would definitely like to hear from OS or others who have perspectives on what the US leaving did to the stability of the region etc. Pros and cons.

Return to “POLITICS”