Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

Re: Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

Post by DocBarrister »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:50 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:16 am
Except that I doubt Doc is in that group who still believe that there were WMD...they are indeed unwilling to face reality...as you clearly are unwilling on this...

The reality is that the failure to believe any of it or to even try to negotiate led to 9/11 and to a needless war that cost us trillions of dollars and one million dead Afghanis. While those of you who own stock in the military industrial complex celebrate all that, people like me wish there had been some effort to avoid it all.
Negotiate?

Negotiate with whom?

The Taliban?

Al Qaeda?

Neither has ever been trustworthy about anything. That’s a fact grounded in reality.

Your ridiculous assertions? Not so much.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:49 pm
Except that I doubt Doc is in that group who still believe that there were WMD...they are indeed unwilling to face reality...as you clearly are unwilling on this...

The reality is that the failure to believe any of it or to even try to negotiate led to 9/11 and to a needless war that cost us trillions of dollars and one million dead Afghanis. While those of you who own stock in the military industrial complex celebrate all that, people like me wish there had been some effort to avoid it all.
Negotiate?

Negotiate with whom?

The Taliban?

Al Qaeda?

Neither has ever been trustworthy about anything. That’s a fact grounded in reality.

DocBarrister

''ridiculous assertion''

Your hero Trump found the Taliban to be quite accommodating. That's a fact grounded in reality, contrary to your mythic beliefs.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:53 pm

Negotiate?

Negotiate with whom?

The Taliban?

Al Qaeda?

DocBarrister

''ridiculous assertion''

Your hero Trump found the Taliban to be quite accommodating. That's a fact grounded in reality, contrary to your mythic beliefs.
Doc was a Trump supporter...at any point???

I missed that.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:25 pm

Negotiate?

Negotiate with whom?

The Taliban?

Al Qaeda?

DocBarrister

''ridiculous assertion''

I missed that.

Evidently, Doc had some trouble with my view on having negotiations with the Taliban prior to 9/11 but he had no trouble with his negotiations with them thereafter. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:25 pm

Negotiate?

Negotiate with whom?

The Taliban?

Al Qaeda?

DocBarrister

''ridiculous assertion''

I missed that.

Evidently, Doc had some trouble with my view on having negotiations with the Taliban prior to 9/11 but he had no trouble with his negotiations with them thereafter. ;)
negotiations with the Taliban prior to 9-11 ???
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

Go back to Richard Helms!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

lagerhead wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:29 pm Go back to Richard Helms!
and Leila Helms

lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:49 pm
lagerhead wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:29 pm Go back to Richard Helms!
and Leila Helms
One influenced policy one editorialized events.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I don't have a link yet. If this is true it would be devastating news punctuating the chaotic Biden eff up withdrawing from Afghanistan. A marine sniper claims he had a kill shot on the suicide bomber that killed 13 Americans at the airport in Kabul. He was denied authorization to take the shot. Anybody out there care to hazard a guess as to who gave THAT particular stand down order? Knowing how effed up certain elements of our military are the dumbass probably was awarded a medal and a promotion. :twisted: Why the eff would you have a sniper stationed there in the first place if your not going to use his talents. :roll:
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/0 ... testimony/

"The withdrawal was a catastrophe in my opinion, and there was an inexcusable lack of accountability and negligence,” he added. “The 11 Marines, one Sailor, and one Soldier that were murdered that day have not been answered for.”

That was the opinion of Marine Corp Sergeant Tyler Vargas Andrews. The marine who was ordered to stand down. So does anybody on this forum think the individual that gave that order will face any repercussions?? Anybody out there want to disagree with his opinion??
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:26 pm I don't have a link yet. If this is true it would be devastating news punctuating the chaotic Biden eff up withdrawing from Afghanistan. A marine sniper claims he had a kill shot on the suicide bomber that killed 13 Americans at the airport in Kabul. He was denied authorization to take the shot. Anybody out there care to hazard a guess as to who gave THAT particular stand down order? Knowing how effed up certain elements of our military are the dumbass probably was awarded a medal and a promotion. :twisted: Why the eff would you have a sniper stationed there in the first place if your not going to use his talents. :roll:

"The withdrawal was a catastrophe in my opinion, and there was an inexcusable lack of accountability and negligence,” he added. “The 11 Marines, one Sailor, and one Soldier that were murdered that day have not been answered for.”

That was the opinion of Marine Corp Sergeant Tyler Vargas Andrews. The marine who was ordered to stand down. So does anybody on this forum think the individual that gave that order will face any repercussions?? Anybody out there want to disagree with his opinion??
No.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Funny how the far right continues to live under the delusion that Biden "effed" up the withdrawal when he had, in fact, adhere to tRump's withdrawal plan. Whether anyone likes to believe it or not, he did precisely what tRump would have done. Of course, had Donnie Dimwit been in the White Wash House and done it, he would have been called a hero by the far right delusionals.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:39 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:26 pm I don't have a link yet. If this is true it would be devastating news punctuating the chaotic Biden eff up withdrawing from Afghanistan. A marine sniper claims he had a kill shot on the suicide bomber that killed 13 Americans at the airport in Kabul. He was denied authorization to take the shot. Anybody out there care to hazard a guess as to who gave THAT particular stand down order? Knowing how effed up certain elements of our military are the dumbass probably was awarded a medal and a promotion. :twisted: Why the eff would you have a sniper stationed there in the first place if your not going to use his talents. :roll:

No.
This marine did everything he could to inform his chain of command. This marine should be commended for doing what he was trained to do. Despite his own instincts and training he followed orders. It is the same decision I would have made. It may rip your insides out but your job and duty is to follow orders. Those orders were an abomination to common sense and the integrity of all Marines. I only hope someone is held accountable or at least forced to explain the rationale for the stand down order
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:08 pm

No.
This marine did everything he could to inform his chain of command. This marine should be commended for doing what he was trained to do. Despite his own instincts and training he followed orders. It is the same decision I would have made. It may rip your insides out but your job and duty is to follow orders. Those orders were an abomination to common sense and the integrity of all Marines. I only hope someone is held accountable or at least forced to explain the rationale for the stand down order
I read that.
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:07 pm Funny how the far right continues to live under the delusion that Biden "effed" up the withdrawal when he had, in fact, adhere to tRump's withdrawal plan. Whether anyone likes to believe it or not, he did precisely what tRump would have done. Of course, had Donnie Dimwit been in the White Wash House and done it, he would have been called a hero by the far right delusionals.
Actually Donald would have been even more haphazard. He sided with the Taliban and drew down as fast as possible.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:14 pm

No.
I read that.
You are never bashful about expressing your opinion. What say you about the frustration of this young marine who was seriously injured in the suicide bombing he could have prevented had he been allowed to do the job he was trained for? I'll ask the same question again... Who in the chain of command ordered him to stand down? This brave marine testified in front of this congressional committee. When will his superiors in his chain of command testify?? Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. :roll:
FTR saying " you read that" is a chicken chit reply on your part. You " read it " but don't have an opinion?? Usually your good for one inane video clip that is completely irrelevant to the topic.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:19 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:14 pm

No.
I read that.
You are never bashful about expressing your opinion. What say you about the frustration of this young marine who was seriously injured in the suicide bombing he could have prevented had he been allowed to do the job he was trained for? I'll ask the same question again... Who in the chain of command ordered him to stand down? This brave marine testified in front of this congressional committee. When will his superiors in his chain of command testify?? Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. :roll:
FTR saying " you read that" is a chicken chit reply on your part. You " read it " but don't have an opinion?? Usually your good for one inane video clip that is completely irrelevant to the topic.
He has a right to feel that way. War is hell.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

No.
Question.....did the "suicide" bomber not die when the bomb exploded ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:28 am

No.
Question.....did the "suicide" bomber not die when the bomb exploded ?
ya mean.....how did Joe B. know , or not know.....that this "sniper" had a "kill shot" on a known suidide bomber.......and "command" just allowed 200 humans to die ?

ya telling us this Sgt. KNEW.......full on.......that his "kill shot" was aimed at a known threat.......and he ASKED for permission to stop a known threat ? All this seems a lil odd.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
njbill

Post by njbill »

Maybe there are more details available, but I would be interested in knowing such things as how did this sniper know this individual was a suicide bomber? What was his degree of confidence he was correct? Where was the suicide bomber standing in proximity to American troops and other civilians, including children? If the sniper fired and missed, might he have hit an innocent person? Might his bullet have gone through the suicide bomber and then hit an innocent person?

I am by no means an expert on suicide bombers, but as understand it, they often keep their finger on the detonator so that if they are shot, the detonator is released and the bomb goes off. If that was the scenario here, shooting the guy would’ve resulted in the bomb going off anyway. In other words, shooting him wouldn’t have changed the outcome at all. Now, if the bomber was standing all alone with no one near him, maybe it would have, but that seems unlikely.

As I recall the surrounding events, this would’ve been right on the heels of the Americans blowing up a car they thought contained a suicide bomber or other terrorist, but it turned out it was a civilian family. Maybe there was a reluctance to possibly once again commit a fatal mistake.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:19 am Maybe there are more details available, but I would be interested in knowing such things as how did this sniper know this individual was a suicide bomber? What was his degree of confidence he was correct? Where was the suicide bomber standing in proximity to American troops and other civilians, including children? If the sniper fired and missed, might he have hit an innocent person? Might his bullet have gone through the suicide bomber and then hit an innocent person?

I am by no means an expert on suicide bombers, but as understand it, they often keep their finger on the detonator so that if they are shot, the detonator is released and the bomb goes off. If that was the scenario here, shooting the guy would’ve resulted in the bomb going off anyway. In other words, shooting him wouldn’t have changed the outcome at all. Now, if the bomber was standing all alone with no one near him, maybe it would have, but that seems unlikely.

As I recall the surrounding events, this would’ve been right on the heels of the Americans blowing up a car they thought contained a suicide bomber or other terrorist, but it turned out it was a civilian family. Maybe there was a reluctance to possibly once again commit a fatal mistake.
+1 common sense questions.

Return to “POLITICS”