Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:43 pm
a fan wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:17 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:12 am
Over tweets. How many examiners does that take? :lol: :lol:

Clown agency. Clown claims.
:lol: So it's ok to f**k with the stock market to your own benefit......so long as you do it over twitter?

Yet another Pete rule. Boy, these are piling up. " Breaking SEC regs are fine if you do it over twitter." Neat.

Can't wait to hear what new PeteRules are headed our way.

Tesla sports a stock market capitalization of $660 billion. I’m not sure I’d say the founder has ‘screwed over’ shareholders.
Which shareholders, Pete?
If you invested when he was pumping the stock price to its peak, you'd have lost close to half your money if you had to sell now.

No one (at least that I've heard or taken seriously) doesn't admire his entrepreneurial genius, his very real accomplishments.

But being a terrific entrepreneur, much less being a mega billionaire, shouldn't give one a pass to not have to follow the rules of the system in which they have thrived and which supported their ambitions.
EDIT: Of course, Pete, we'd have lost a third of our money had we bought Gilead when you were pumping that stock...of course, unless you are an insider with special knowledge, there's nothing illegal about expressing a point of view...but it's quite illegal if you are an insider with special knowledge or implied such.....See Elon.

‘pumping the stock’. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don’t correct folks should here when they invent language. Unfortunately by ignoring the fantasies, others start really believing it. Exhibit A above.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

:lol: So it's ok to f**k with the stock market to your own benefit......so long as you do it over twitter?

Yet another Pete rule. Boy, these are piling up. " Breaking SEC regs are fine if you do it over twitter." Neat.

Tesla sports a stock market capitalization of $660 billion. I’m not sure I’d say the founder has ‘screwed over’ shareholders.
If you invested when he was pumping the stock price to its peak, you'd have lost close to half your money if you had to sell now.

No one (at least that I've heard or taken seriously) doesn't admire his entrepreneurial genius, his very real accomplishments.

But being a terrific entrepreneur, much less being a mega billionaire, shouldn't give one a pass to not have to follow the rules of the system in which they have thrived and which supported their ambitions.

You say ‘pumping the stock’ often. Are you sure you know what that means, more importantly what it doesn’t?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:32 pm

You say ‘pumping the stock’ often. Are you sure you know what that means, more importantly what it doesn’t?
Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus
Post by Peter Brown » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:53 pm
I'm fascinated with this board!

Truly the biggest news in the entire Covid saga is out today at 5 pm, and not one of you has picked up on it!

Just more nonsensical liberal teeth-gnashing about nothing. Honestly, I'm beginning to think this has been nearly 400 pages of posts where libs simply exercise their hatred of mankind and don't really want the virus to be conquered.

The Remdesevir news that leaked is literally the only thing being discussed by serious people this very second. And you yo-yo's are oblivious. jfc

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/ear ... treatment/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/gilead- ... sults.html
Post by Peter Brown » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:09 pm
runrussellrun wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:08 pm
ggait wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:11 pm
Watch the free market. And this is the case even if they don't give two *hits about their employees. It's about protecting your biz. $$$$. And right now, as a businessman, I have zero access to testing. If you gave me that? My decision making would change overnight.
Bezos says Amazon is building their own testing lab. Smart.
Where?

Won’t be needed.

Re: The GOP: Who are They?
Post by Peter Brown » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:54 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:41 pm
Peter Brown wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:06 pm
RedFromMI wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:19 pm
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:16 pm
seacoaster wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:06 pm
CU77 wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:16 pm
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:25 pm
Very few people enjoy living in California anymore
That's hilarious. I love living in California. So does my 30-yr-old daughter. So does her boyfriend, originally from Texas. So does everyone I know. It's hard to think of anyone I know who's left. The only ones who come to mind were a couple in their 60's who moved to the Las Vegas ex-urbs so that they could have a bigger house. Five years later, they told me it was the worst mistake they'd ever made.
I had the same reaction to this bit of PB silliness passed off as “a fact.” My sister and brother in law love living in California. A dozen cousins love living in California. My son loathed LA, and loved everywhere else he worked and traveled there. The Sierras. Tuolumne Meadows. Joshua Tree. Craft beer joints in San Diego. Wine country. Jesus H.
He's just trolling.
Pretty much all the time, too.

This news isn’t trolling. Read it.

nope, that's potentially very good news.
Obviously need a lot more data, but something positive to be hopeful about.
Note that 2 deaths nevertheless.

We noted early on that this one looked more promising to the scientists than the hydroxychloroquine.

Fingers crossed that it's meaningfully helpful.
Others have been using it so certainly not a miracle cure, but if we can reduce the fatalities, reduce time in hospital and reduce need for hospitalization, that'll be important to avoiding overwhelming a health system if there's a surge in infection.

'potentially'...

Don't manage money for a living, MD

Nope, potentially is correct. Is it better news than what we'd heard previously about this drug?
Only perhaps. Others have been using it too...not a miracle cure. Helpful though.
Need a lot more data.

But, hey, we can use any and all good news these days.
And reducing deaths, hospital stay time, and need for hospitalizations is super important.

Now, if I was managing money I might actually sell on this news post bump up. There's likely to be an overreaction to the news to the positive, and the impact on Gilead's actual value.

Fortunately, I don't stock pick anymore, more of a long term 'passive' style investor. Easier on my stress levels.
Post by Peter Brown » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:53 pm
a fan wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:34 pm
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:05 pm
6ftstick wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:56 pm
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:53 pm

Truly the biggest news in the entire Covid saga is out today at 5 pm, and not one of you has picked up on it!

Just more nonsensical liberal teeth-gnashing about nothing. Honestly, I'm beginning to think this has been nearly 400 pages of posts where libs simply exercise their hatred of mankind and don't really want the virus to be conquered.

The Remdesevir news that leaked is literally the only thing being discussed by serious people this very second. And you yo-yo's are oblivious. jfc

You should know by now good news is bad news for dems and liberal progressives.

You'd definitely think that reading this board. jfc, this is by far the best news to come out on 4 months and most of this board is rick-rolling some idiocy about unrelated nonsense like Pence is a dummy or Trump is awful
Stop with this trolling nonsense. Please. (see, I asked nicely)

Soon as this Covid is done I won’t post much more anyway. And the end just got much closer. The libs should be ecstatic.

People will forgive you for being wrong, but they will never forgive you for being right—especially if events prove you right while proving them wrong.
• Edit
Post by MDlaxfan76 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:25 pm
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:21 pm
I'd be remiss if I didn't pump my favorite stock, Gilead, at least once a day.

The second clinical trial had very promising results too! Man, I tell you, the free market is a beautiful thing.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news ... t-covid-19

The savior drug, run by a dude that House Democrats on the house whatever committee tried to shame for being smart. Thank god for American ingenuity. Let's roll. And...

Back to work!

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/g ... AD0552CAE2
As a stock, maybe not such a wonderful opportunity, but still a good thing.
Just way less than Petey wants to suggest.
Post by Peter Brown » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:51 pm
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:44 pm
njbill wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:40 pm
Uh, oh. Time to sell Gilead. Bad news on Remdesivir. Down over 5% today.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/23/dat ... -patients/
Uh-oh Petey. NJ Bill organizing class action lawsuit for LP posters who relied on PB investment advice.

You don't buy to sell! I am long and strong and will stay that way for a long time.
Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis
Post by ggait » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:31 am
I wonder why Petey is back...

But since he's returned, let's take a walk down memory lane with some of his greatest hits.

Buy Gilead stock at $84! [FYI -- closed yesterday at $66.46.]

Take HCQ to cure Covid!

All ugly women are Democrats because they can't attract a man.

George Floyd's death was unrelated to the cop's knee on the neck.

And, of course, just wait for the schadenfreude on Nov. 4.

Enjoy.

gg

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons
Post by ggait » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:43 pm

We all know why you were hiding. You went dark in the hope that we'd all forget about all the crazy poop you spent months obnoxiously throwing at us. Sorry. We saved the receipts.

Hard to tell if you know less about politics or stocks.

IIRC you recommended GILD back in April at $84. It been rallying recently. Closed up today at...$59.87.

Anything else you want to lecture us about today?

HCQ? Or the meaning of the word schadenfreude?

by Peter Brown » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:56 pm

I feel for you for what's about to happen 11-3; the morning of 11-4 will be more than sweet sorrow. I think Dems will be in the streets burning down their cities. Your trust in media (and polls) will thankfully evaporate, so there is at least one good outcome.

by Peter Brown » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:20 am

This is gonna be epic.

by Peter Brown » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:28 pm

Oh wow, are you boys about to get a surprise of a lifetime from Sir Donald...

by Peter Brown » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:12 am

Joe had no chance.

by Peter Brown » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:53 pm

I suggest you load up on Xanax in the next month...

by Peter Brown » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:03 am

The schadenfreude will be epic.

I don't know how you boys will cope, to be honest. I would load up on Xanax, because this country and Florida are about to really disappoint you.

by Peter Brown » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:23 am

The desperation here is palpable. The coming schadenfreude will be epic.

by Peter Brown » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 am

This election will be a landslide, mark my words.

The Fanlax Dems here will be inconsolable. It's going to be epic, boys. Watch.

Post by Peter Brown » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:10 pm

There is an INCREDIBLE gap between Republicans and Democrats in their respective enthusiasm to vote this year. Watch how this decides the election.

You boys are going to be hurting 11-4, hoping that some miracle three week old non-stamp dated ballots come in. Your fraud will be defeated by SCOTUS.

Post by Peter Brown » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:01 pm

You can yell to the sky all you want about how Democrats are saints and this isn't the Democratic majority, but the voters are about to give Dems a massive surprise on 11-3 saying the opposite.

Post by Peter Brown » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:08 pm

In most states, unless the Democrat is ahead by 7% or more, the Republican leads or the race is tied. Trump is gonna win in a cakewalk.

Peter Brown » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:24 pm

Oh man, the schadenfreude will be epic...I am not sure I can even wait.

Peter Brown » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:22 am

Man, you guys will be inconsolable on 11-4. The buildup to the let down is epic here.

Post by Peter Brown » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:23 am

I'm honestly thinking that this might be a Mondale '84-type rout, and who will the Fanlax Dems accuse of racism then, the entire country?!?!

Peter Brown » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:23 am

I'll be here 11-4 laughing my nads off.

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:33 am

In Florida, Trump will win by 5; it would be more but the Miami Dade fraud will be counted because no one has the energy, time, or money to validate names. In Wisconsin, you can thank ‘Kenosha’ for Trump’s win there.

Peter Brown » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:50 am

On record as saying this election won't even be close, and the hysteria 11-4 among Democrats and NT'ers will be a sight to behold. I thought 2016 election night was funny; this year's will make a mockery of that one.

Trump will win and it will not be close. You have only yourselves to blame November 4.

Peter Brown » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:10 pm

Money now favors Trump in November.

I told you nim-nuts. He’s gonna win and it won’t be close.

Post by Peter Brown » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:14 pm

The faces here (if I could see them!) on November 4 will be epic...I laugh so hard just looking forward to that morning.

Peter Brown » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:38 am

Total and utter clowns. Trump will win in a landslide in November and the Democrats will be here wailing about 'Russia interference' or some such nonsense rather than demand their own Party members de-escalate and stop scaring concerned taxpayers.

Peter Brown » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:36 pm

God, I feel so sorry for you already. Please be sure that your employers insurance policy covers mental health. November 4 is gonna be rough.

Peter Brown » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:06 pm

No night has ever been sweeter. You bozos will crack November 4. Night night

Peter Brown » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:50 am

When Biden loses, which he will, you boys will be apoplectic, beyond repair. Tell me I'm wrong!

Peter Brown » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:01 pm

It won't matter because Trump will win handily. In spite of Democrat squealing about this or that.

Peter Brown » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:56 pm

Trump will roll these clowns. I like Joe but he’s done.

Peter Brown » Tues Aug 4, 2020 1:42 pm

I'll be here laughing my cumquats off when Trump prevails. You boys will be inconsolable, worse than Andrea Mitchell on Election Night 2016. It's worth it for Trump to win again just to see your faces and read your lunacy.

Peter Brown » Fri July 24, 2020 6:57 am

The pain and anguish these guys are going to feel on November 4th will be nothing like anyone has ever seen before in anyone's lifetime. They are setting themselves up for complete mental breakdowns.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:42 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:30 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:11 pm

jhu72 called him a “conman”. Doesn’t sound very admiring? Does jhu72 count in that ‘no one’? Or do you just not take him seriously?
... its easy to admire his entrepreneurial genius / spirit / vision. It is also easy and not inconsistent to see his recent behavior as seriously lacking and like that of a carnival barker, publicity whore and conman. It is also not very smart and will come back to bite him. Hubris.
Yup. Very likely...except that there's a certain insulation from accountability that may come with fortune. But karma can get you in this or the next life.
That insulation helps alot when your worth hundreds of billions of dollars. That kinda money buys you beaucou insulation.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Now who's misquoting, Pete? I didn't write "screwed over".

But you told us everything we need to know about you here. You think rules and regulations should be borne by the poor and non-famous like me and my business. But Elon Musk, naturally....you think he's "over-regulated."

Fifty years of this line of thought is why we're borrowing Trillion....tax and rules breaks for multinational corporations....

....while family businesses like mine have unending regulations, fees, and taxes. Who cares, right Pete? Can't have those poor corporations dealing with the same environment that I do, right Pete?

If I vote DeSantis, how many more regulations will he drop on me, Pete?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:07 pm

But you told us everything we need to know about you here. You think rules and regulations should be borne by the poor and non-famous like me and my business. But Elon Musk, naturally....you think he's "over-regulated."

Fifty years of this line of thought is why we're borrowing Trillion....tax and rules breaks for multinational corporations....

....while family businesses like mine have unending regulations, fees, and taxes. Who cares, right Pete? Can't have those poor corporations dealing with the same environment that I do, right Pete?

That depends on how many donations you made to his campaign?? Ain't that politics in America 101?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:39 am

That depends on how many donations you made to his campaign?? Ain't that politics in America 101?

Cradle I have been in your neck of the woods. From the highway Cortland looks beautiful, but I’m informed by locals the city gets slightly grimier the further from the river. Adirondacks are beautiful as always. Lake Placid is turning into a gem. Now up in Potsdam.
a fan

Post by a fan »

It is in Pete's world. Why do you think he keeps pushing Republicans? He already copped to the fact that they're not going to cuts spending, or raise taxes to pay for all the stuff that he and his fellow Republicans are getting. So what's the difference between D's and R's.

The answer, obviously is that the R's give Pete the financial perqs he wants, and the D's don't. All the rest is sound and fury.

And it's why I'll never give one cent to either party. I'm smart enough and hard working enough (and lucky enough) to stay in business without taking favors from these political ghouls. And I know if I take these favors? I"m taking making you and your family to make up the difference with your taxes, Cradle.

Pete and his 1%er buds want to keep the party going. They will NEVER raise their own taxes to pay off the debt, and reduce the inflation that Petey is pretending to care about....

F that.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:54 am

It is in Pete's world. Why do you think he keeps pushing Republicans? He already copped to the fact that they're not going to cuts spending, or raise taxes to pay for all the stuff that he and his fellow Republicans are getting. So what's the difference between D's and R's.

The answer, obviously is that the R's give Pete the financial perqs he wants, and the D's don't. All the rest is sound and fury.

And it's why I'll never give one cent to either party. I'm smart enough and hard working enough (and lucky enough) to stay in business without taking favors from these political ghouls. And I know if I take these favors? I"m taking making you and your family to make up the difference with your taxes, Cradle.

Pete and his 1%er buds want to keep the party going. They will NEVER raise their own taxes to pay off the debt, and reduce the inflation that Petey is pretending to care about....

F that.

I don’t think I’ve ever ‘copped’ to that. Is this you inventing language again?

For the record, I’m hopeful that at some stage the federal government downsizes. I’m not sure how to get folks to do it. My two favorite politicians are Rand Paul and Justin Amash…unfortunately they appear unable to grow a national audience. I like Desantis not because I agree with all of his economic policies, but because I agree with most of his social policies and leadership qualities.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Because he's a fascist, cleaned up...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:00 pm For the record, I’m hopeful that at some stage the federal government downsizes. I’m not sure how to get folks to do it. My two favorite politicians are Rand Paul and Justin Amash…unfortunately they appear unable to grow a national audience. I like Desantis not because I agree with all of his economic policies, but because I agree with most of his social policies and leadership qualities.
So you FINALLY get it?

The Republican party was the party of small government. Keeping the Government small, and keeping the free markets as free as is reasonably possible.

Reagan and co. let the evangelicals into the the tent.....and for the last 40 years, the Republicans have turned away from the party of small government, and into the party of mouth breathing conspiracy theorists who want BIg Government to step in and "fix" cultural issues.

So yep, this is why you like DeSantis-----he's making big government, socialism, and government dependency bigger than ever....all while slashing taxes and borrowing trillions. You don't care about that.

All you care about is if he "sticks it to the gays", or whatever fake cultural issue "flavor of the month" that the media can spoon feed you.

This is your party, Pete. YOU are the one asking for this...and YOU are the one telling us that this is what you want DeSantis to do when you say "because I agree with most of his social policies".

Yep. He's giving you and your pals exactly what you want. Enjoy!!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:49 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:00 pm For the record, I’m hopeful that at some stage the federal government downsizes. I’m not sure how to get folks to do it. My two favorite politicians are Rand Paul and Justin Amash…unfortunately they appear unable to grow a national audience. I like Desantis not because I agree with all of his economic policies, but because I agree with most of his social policies and leadership qualities.
So you FINALLY get it?

The Republican party was the party of small government. Keeping the Government small, and keeping the free markets as free as is reasonably possible.

Reagan and co. let the evangelicals into the the tent.....and for the last 40 years, the Republicans have turned away from the party of small government, and into the party of mouth breathing conspiracy theorists who want BIg Government to step in and "fix" cultural issues.

So yep, this is why you like DeSantis-----he's making big government, socialism, and government dependency bigger than ever....all while slashing taxes and borrowing trillions. You don't care about that.

All you care about is if he "sticks it to the gays", or whatever fake cultural issue "flavor of the month" that the media can spoon feed you.

This is your party, Pete. YOU are the one asking for this...and YOU are the one telling us that this is what you want DeSantis to do when you say "because I agree with most of his social policies".

Yep. He's giving you and your pals exactly what you want. Enjoy!!

This post is so comically dumb, I can’t even reply.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:17 pm This post is so comically dumb, I can’t even reply.
:lol: Denial much, Petey? I'm restating what YOU just told me. FFS, you are the least self aware person I've ever met.

You...YOU, Petey, wrote:
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:17 pm For the record, I’m hopeful that at some stage the federal government downsizes. I’m not sure how to get folks to do it.
So here, you concede that, yep, the Republican party has ONLY made the Federal Government bigger since the end of WWII. Every R Potus we have had has made the Federal Government larger than it was the year before.

And you concede that nope, a Republican isn't likely to cut the Federal Government.

So thank you for finally telling the truth. From there you write:
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:17 pm I like Desantis not because I agree with all of his economic policies.....
Here, yet again, you concede that yep, DeSantis is has.....and will continue to.... make government larger, so long as he's in power.

So you're telling me, for a second time, that yep, 'a fan", you're right...the Republican party and the R leader I like most, DeSantis....is going to make Big Government bigger every chance he gets. But you're ok with that, and don't think it's really all that big of a deal.

So let's pause here. The older Republicans on the board will tell you that this a COMPETE reversal from the Republican party that they grew up with. Small Government was the platform that the party was built on, Pete. And that ship has sailed...and now you tell them WHY that ship sailed.
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:17 pm ,,,,,, but because I agree with most of his social policies and leadership qualities.
And there it is......you've just showed WHY the Republican party has abandoned its small government roots: you're overjoyed with the Republican party switching to social issues that you deem are more important to you then Small Government, and fiscal conservatism.

In other words: You're willing to allow Big Government to get bigger and bigger and bigger in exchange for social/cultural legislation.

That means you'd choose, for example:

-laws keeping teachers from saying the wrong words, over DeSantis cutting Florida government by 10% per year.

-a stacked SCOTUS over Trump cutting the Federal Government by 10% every year.

-a balanced Federal Budget.... for things like Trump's mean tweets to celebrities, or Elon Musk "stickin' it to the libs".

.....you just explained to MDlax and Cradleandshoot what happened to their party! So thank you!

-
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:23 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:17 pm This post is so comically dumb, I can’t even reply.
:lol: Denial much, Petey? I'm restating what YOU just told me. FFS, you are the least self aware person I've ever met.

You...YOU, Petey, wrote:
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:17 pm For the record, I’m hopeful that at some stage the federal government downsizes. I’m not sure how to get folks to do it.
So here, you concede that, yep, the Republican party has ONLY made the Federal Government bigger since the end of WWII. Every R Potus we have had has made the Federal Government larger than it was the year before.

And you concede that nope, a Republican isn't likely to cut the Federal Government.

So thank you for finally telling the truth. From there you write:
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:17 pm I like Desantis not because I agree with all of his economic policies.....
Here, yet again, you concede that yep, DeSantis is has.....and will continue to.... make government larger, so long as he's in power.

So you're telling me, for a second time, that yep, 'a fan", you're right...the Republican party and the R leader I like most, DeSantis....is going to make Big Government bigger every chance he gets. But you're ok with that, and don't think it's really all that big of a deal.

So let's pause here. The older Republicans on the board will tell you that this a COMPETE reversal from the Republican party that they grew up with. Small Government was the platform that the party was built on, Pete. And that ship has sailed...and now you tell them WHY that ship sailed.
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:17 pm ,,,,,, but because I agree with most of his social policies and leadership qualities.
And there it is......you've just showed WHY the Republican party has abandoned its small government roots: you're overjoyed with the Republican party switching to social issues that you deem are more important to you then Small Government, and fiscal conservatism.

In other words: You're willing to allow Big Government to get bigger and bigger and bigger in exchange for social/cultural legislation.

That means you'd choose, for example:

-laws keeping teachers from saying the wrong words, over DeSantis cutting Florida government by 10% per year.

-a stacked SCOTUS over Trump cutting the Federal Government by 10% every year.

-a balanced Federal Budget.... for things like Trump's mean tweets to celebrities, or Elon Musk "stickin' it to the libs".

.....you just explained to MDlax and Cradleandshoot what happened to their party! So thank you!

-

“so you’re telling me”, “you concede”, etc…

:roll:

You and MD have this very bizarre need to insert words into other peoples mouth. Literally nothing you presume is anything I’ve said or thought.

Again and for the cheap seats, Desantis increasing a budget of 100 by 10% to get to 110, doesn’t mean he’s not fiscally responsible when competitor states like New York spend 250 for less residents. Would I do it? Hopefully not, but because we have ZERO state income tax and rely on hotel taxes and other fees for state revenue, the size of the government has yet to cause me alarm. When and if it does, I’ll let you know. Until then, let me and others speak for ourselves. Gracias!!!

Desantis is absolutely 100% over the target with his social policies. Support him there so far on every issue.

Also, if you actually think Florida ‘hates gays’, lol, you need to start warning the thousands of gays moving into Florida every month…they really seem to enjoy it here. Practically all summer they take over the city of Key West for example. They look happy; and no one bothers them in the least. There, Miami, Sarasota, Jacksonville, etc. Most gays in Florida agree that gender identity and sex shouldn’t be taught to 3-8 year olds. Maybe you know better though? :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:25 am You and MD have this very bizarre need to insert words into other peoples mouth. Literally nothing you presume is anything I’ve said or thought.
Uh huh. Except all you're doing is repeating these so called "inserted words" again and again.

You keep telling me that you're just fine with DeSantis Big Government, that keeps getting bigger. Yeah...that's my point Pete. You're not a fiscal conservative. And Florida is becoming unlivable for the bottom 75% earners while DeSantis keeps making government bigger....leading to more taxes, which raises the cost of living.
Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:25 am Desantis is absolutely 100% over the target with his social policies. Support him there so far on every issue.
Yes. Thank you for making my point for the third time now: you're willing to accept Bigger Government from DeSantis so long as he gives you what you think are social policies.

Want to make my point for a fourth time, and make it an even number? :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:42 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:25 am You and MD have this very bizarre need to insert words into other peoples mouth. Literally nothing you presume is anything I’ve said or thought.
Uh huh. Except all you're doing is repeating these so called "inserted words" again and again.

You keep telling me that you're just fine with DeSantis Big Government, that keeps getting bigger. Yeah...that's my point Pete. You're not a fiscal conservative. And Florida is becoming unlivable for the bottom 75% earners while DeSantis keeps making government bigger....leading to more taxes, which raises the cost of living.
Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:25 am Desantis is absolutely 100% over the target with his social policies. Support him there so far on every issue.
Yes. Thank you for making my point for the third time now: you're willing to accept Bigger Government from DeSantis so long as he gives you what you think are social policies.

Want to make my point for a fourth time, and make it an even number? :lol:

The 1st Q of 2022 FL set a record for domestic tourism: 34.1m (& #1 in the U.S. for foreign in 2021.)

"Do you want to spend money to go some place only to be accosted to produce medical papers at the door of a restaurant? No, you want to get away from all that” Ron Desantis today.

Lots of gays in that count. I guess they’re not scared of the fascism I read about. :lol: :lol:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:10 pm

Watch the free market. And this is the case even if they don't give two *hits about their employees. It's about protecting your biz. $$$$. And right now, as a businessman, I have zero access to testing. If you gave me that? My decision making would change overnight.
Where?

Won’t be needed.

That's hilarious. I love living in California. So does my 30-yr-old daughter. So does her boyfriend, originally from Texas. So does everyone I know. It's hard to think of anyone I know who's left. The only ones who come to mind were a couple in their 60's who moved to the Las Vegas ex-urbs so that they could have a bigger house. Five years later, they told me it was the worst mistake they'd ever made.
I had the same reaction to this bit of PB silliness passed off as “a fact.” My sister and brother in law love living in California. A dozen cousins love living in California. My son loathed LA, and loved everywhere else he worked and traveled there. The Sierras. Tuolumne Meadows. Joshua Tree. Craft beer joints in San Diego. Wine country. Jesus H.
He's just trolling.

We noted early on that this one looked more promising to the scientists than the hydroxychloroquine.

Others have been using it so certainly not a miracle cure, but if we can reduce the fatalities, reduce time in hospital and reduce need for hospitalization, that'll be important to avoiding overwhelming a health system if there's a surge in infection.

'potentially'...

Nope, potentially is correct. Is it better news than what we'd heard previously about this drug?
Only perhaps. Others have been using it too...not a miracle cure. Helpful though.
Need a lot more data.

And reducing deaths, hospital stay time, and need for hospitalizations is super important.

Now, if I was managing money I might actually sell on this news post bump up. There's likely to be an overreaction to the news to the positive, and the impact on Gilead's actual value.

Fortunately, I don't stock pick anymore, more of a long term 'passive' style investor. Easier on my stress levels.

You'd definitely think that reading this board. jfc, this is by far the best news to come out on 4 months and most of this board is rick-rolling some idiocy about unrelated nonsense like Pence is a dummy or Trump is awful

Soon as this Covid is done I won’t post much more anyway. And the end just got much closer. The libs should be ecstatic.

People will forgive you for being wrong, but they will never forgive you for being right—especially if events prove you right while proving them wrong.
• Edit

The second clinical trial had very promising results too! Man, I tell you, the free market is a beautiful thing.

The savior drug, run by a dude that House Democrats on the house whatever committee tried to shame for being smart. Thank god for American ingenuity. Let's roll. And...

Back to work!

Uh-oh Petey. NJ Bill organizing class action lawsuit for LP posters who relied on PB investment advice.

You don't buy to sell! I am long and strong and will stay that way for a long time.

But since he's returned, let's take a walk down memory lane with some of his greatest hits.

Take HCQ to cure Covid!

Enjoy.

gg

We all know why you were hiding. You went dark in the hope that we'd all forget about all the crazy poop you spent months obnoxiously throwing at us. Sorry. We saved the receipts.

IIRC you recommended GILD back in April at $84. It been rallying recently. Closed up today at...$59.87.

I feel for you for what's about to happen 11-3; the morning of 11-4 will be more than sweet sorrow. I think Dems will be in the streets burning down their cities. Your trust in media (and polls) will thankfully evaporate, so there is at least one good outcome.

This is gonna be epic.

Joe had no chance.

I don't know how you boys will cope, to be honest. I would load up on Xanax, because this country and Florida are about to really disappoint you.

There is an INCREDIBLE gap between Republicans and Democrats in their respective enthusiasm to vote this year. Watch how this decides the election.

You boys are going to be hurting 11-4, hoping that some miracle three week old non-stamp dated ballots come in. Your fraud will be defeated by SCOTUS.

You can yell to the sky all you want about how Democrats are saints and this isn't the Democratic majority, but the voters are about to give Dems a massive surprise on 11-3 saying the opposite.

In most states, unless the Democrat is ahead by 7% or more, the Republican leads or the race is tied. Trump is gonna win in a cakewalk.

Man, you guys will be inconsolable on 11-4. The buildup to the let down is epic here.

I'm honestly thinking that this might be a Mondale '84-type rout, and who will the Fanlax Dems accuse of racism then, the entire country?!?!

In Florida, Trump will win by 5; it would be more but the Miami Dade fraud will be counted because no one has the energy, time, or money to validate names. In Wisconsin, you can thank ‘Kenosha’ for Trump’s win there.

On record as saying this election won't even be close, and the hysteria 11-4 among Democrats and NT'ers will be a sight to behold. I thought 2016 election night was funny; this year's will make a mockery of that one.

Trump will win and it will not be close. You have only yourselves to blame November 4.

The faces here (if I could see them!) on November 4 will be epic...I laugh so hard just looking forward to that morning.

Total and utter clowns. Trump will win in a landslide in November and the Democrats will be here wailing about 'Russia interference' or some such nonsense rather than demand their own Party members de-escalate and stop scaring concerned taxpayers.

God, I feel so sorry for you already. Please be sure that your employers insurance policy covers mental health. November 4 is gonna be rough.

When Biden loses, which he will, you boys will be apoplectic, beyond repair. Tell me I'm wrong!

It won't matter because Trump will win handily. In spite of Democrat squealing about this or that.

I'll be here laughing my cumquats off when Trump prevails. You boys will be inconsolable, worse than Andrea Mitchell on Election Night 2016. It's worth it for Trump to win again just to see your faces and read your lunacy.

The pain and anguish these guys are going to feel on November 4th will be nothing like anyone has ever seen before in anyone's lifetime. They are setting themselves up for complete mental breakdowns.
Dude, I would hate to be your dog if I pooped in the house. :o :o :o
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

yeah, I'm not gonna give you a biscuit when you do, but if you're just a puppy, I'll pat you on the head and say good boy when you do your business outside. Might even give you a biscuit.

In this case, you've a serial bad pooper, not a puppy, and no, we're not gonna pat you on the head. And we may simply need to keep you out in the doghouse, not let you come inside.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

get it to x wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:10 pm

Where?

Won’t be needed.

He's just trolling.

'potentially'...

Need a lot more data.

• Edit

Back to work!

Take HCQ to cure Covid!

Enjoy.

gg

This is gonna be epic.

Joe had no chance.

Dude, I would hate to be your dog if I pooped in the house. :o :o :o

Bunny boiler.

82313E0D-0866-439A-B377-63FB048E4161.jpeg
82313E0D-0866-439A-B377-63FB048E4161.jpeg (66.99 KiB) Viewed 431 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Petey,
You challenged the word "pumping"...

It's tough when you're caught lying so many times?

Return to “POLITICS”