Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Do we need this absurd thread when the sponsor is out to pasture for a long while? Do you really care JHU?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:11 am Do we need this absurd thread when the sponsor is out to pasture for a long while? Do you really care JHU?
He may be out to pasture but sooner or later the cows always come home.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:11 am Do we need this absurd thread when the sponsor is out to pasture for a long while? Do you really care JHU?
He may be out to pasture but sooner or later the cows always come home.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:13 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:08 pm Prior to Covid, Trump was on his way to a resounding win, in spite of his character flaws. Doesn’t that make you think or is it safer avoiding the hard truths?
:lol: It makes me think that you have an excuse for everything when Republicans are involved.

Does Biden get these excuses, Petey? Or does he have to deal with reality?
petey - let's get real. Yes, Trump was on his way to a resounding win; but because he lacks the discipline of a 3 year old, he could not stop tweeting stupid sh!t long enough to cross the finish line. By his own standards the guy is a loser. It is time for the GOP to move on. Trump as a symptom not the cure.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Hold on I thought it was a No Protest law in the state of Florida.

Oh my bad, if you’re a Republican protesting outside of Mar-A- Lago, blocking I-95 and it’s not a black issue; It’s not against the law.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:00 pm Hold on I thought it was a No Protest law in the state of Florida.

Oh my bad, if you’re a Republican protesting outside of Mar-A- Lago, blocking I-95 and it’s not a black issue; It’s not against the law.
Not the first time Racist Ron has been called out for not enforcing is own damned law. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Black Florida teacher resigns after school officials remove images of famous black historical figures from his class room , Martin Luther King, Harriet Tubman, Colin Powell, George Washington Carver and Barack Obama. The teacher is a 61 year old special education teacher, teaching in Florida for the first time, teaching in a class of elementary up to 5th graders that are mostly black children.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Ron kicking Hannity in the nutz: :lol: love it. https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/15 ... yEqDckrhyQ
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:28 pm Ron kicking Hannity in the nutz: :lol: love it. https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/15 ... yEqDckrhyQ
And Hannity on Twitter is complaining this is deceptively edited to bring in comments from years ago...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:28 pm Ron kicking Hannity in the nutz: :lol: love it. https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/15 ... yEqDckrhyQ
If only it were true.
But entirely bogus.
Ahh well.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I don't think I will ever hire someone who was educated in Florida

https://thehill.com/changing-america/en ... -shortage/

When Deathsantis says teacher requirements are too rigid, what he’s actually saying is it needs to be easier to install unqualified teachers who can indoctrinate children using conservative ideology and revisionist history.

"Groomers"
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Tweet of the Day

Duty To Warn 🔉
@duty2warn
Kari Lake says Desantis has ‘BDE,’ (Big Dick Energy), the same kind of BDE that Trump has. “He has the same BDE that we want all of our leaders to have.”
We think she confused having a big dick with being one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:39 pm I don't think I will ever hire someone who was educated in Florida

When Deathsantis says teacher requirements are too rigid, what he’s actually saying is it needs to be easier to install unqualified teachers who can indoctrinate children using conservative ideology and revisionist history.

"Groomers"
I mean if they go to Rollins where the kids mostly watch the weather channel stoned off their a**es and you owned a cannabis related business…
See Martin, Malcolm
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 am
CU88 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:39 pm I don't think I will ever hire someone who was educated in Florida

"Groomers"
I mean if they go to Rollins where the kids mostly watch the weather channel stoned off their a**es and you owned a cannabis related business…
I wish I could have gone to college at a $75k per year country club on a lake.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:58 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 am

"Groomers"
Good thing I was able to do so after my parents had to take food stamps early in our household formation (mostly when my sister was around before I was born). Granted it was less than half that at Hobart when I want and more importantly I earned scholarships for $12k/yrs and personally saved $22k I kicked in myself mostly from selling baseball cards off my front porch when I was young. (Spent most my income from HS jobs) so I came out with only stafford loans. At the time it was around $13k cumulative.

And make no mistake, fine education but HWS is a country club. Doesn’t prepare kids for the real world at all which creates many more challenges for a lower class kid walking into the real world after 4.5yrs of that…
See Martin, Malcolm
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

More stupid, right wing pandering from this a-hole governor: https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/17/politics ... index.html

Pretty sure that Larry Fink of Blackrock knows a heck of a lot more about investing that does Ron DeSantis. And he ain't gonna worry about Ron's $240 million of pension fund assets when he has $10 trillion to invest.

But note that DeSantis isn't playing stupid with his own money, it's the pensions of thousands of Florida's retired public servants, teachers, policemen, etc...
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

To be fair it is $200 BILLION not million.

Still, you are right, $200 BILLION is just a drop in the bucket for a swashbuckling international finance mogul like Fink. Heck everybody I know at Blackrock is just the most swell person I ever met.... :roll:

When a company like Blackrock thinks that they have to spend money defending themselves against buying up all the residential real estate in the country in order to rent it back to you for more than you were paying in a mortgage - well, I think ol' Larry might actually care what people think.... and he is flat out lying about the performance of ESG funds. They are definitely NOT delivering economically. Doesn't mean that ESG funds are bad - it just means that Larry Fink is a liar.

As for DeSantis, not sure how anyone knows where he is putting his money. Surely, as Governor, he participates in the state pension?
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:06 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 am I mean if they go to Rollins where the kids mostly watch the weather channel stoned off their a**es and you owned a cannabis related business…
Good thing I was able to do so after my parents had to take food stamps early in our household formation (mostly when my sister was around before I was born). Granted it was less than half that at Hobart when I want and more importantly I earned scholarships for $12k/yrs and personally saved $22k I kicked in myself mostly from selling baseball cards off my front porch when I was young. (Spent most my income from HS jobs) so I came out with only stafford loans. At the time it was around $13k cumulative.

And make no mistake, fine education but HWS is a country club. Doesn’t prepare kids for the real world at all which creates many more challenges for a lower class kid walking into the real world after 4.5yrs of that…
Haha I wasn't even thinking about Hobart, but if the shoe fits. ;)

Had a high school teammate play soccer at Rollins. If those Florida schools had lacrosse when I was in college, they might have snagged my 17 year old brain.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:09 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:06 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 am I mean if they go to Rollins where the kids mostly watch the weather channel stoned off their a**es and you owned a cannabis related business…

Haha I wasn't even thinking about Hobart, but if the shoe fits. ;)

Had a high school teammate play soccer at Rollins. If those Florida schools had lacrosse when I was in college, they might have snagged my 17 year old brain.
Gotta worry about gators on Lake Virginia. On Seneca, not so much.

Return to “POLITICS”