Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:04 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:58 am Anything else?
Yes!

I can't tell anymore: are you claiming that Trumpism is dead this week, or not? I've lost track.
Uh oh. Pete doesn't know WHAT he thinks anymore, fellas, and can't answer simple questions.

I think we broke Petey.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:01 pm
Yes!

I can't tell anymore: are you claiming that Trumpism is dead this week, or not? I've lost track.
Uh oh. Pete doesn't know WHAT he thinks anymore, fellas, and can't answer simple questions.

I think we broke Petey.
Nope. Not until everyone puts him on IGNORE and stops replying to the trolling he produces here every day just to light you folks up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:06 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:01 pm
Yes!

I think we broke Petey.
Nope. Not until everyone puts him on IGNORE and stops replying to the trolling he produces here every day just to light you folks up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Eh...he's SO entertaining. I stopped my cable subscription when Petey arrived.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:52 pm Katie Britt official statement below, bolded.

Brooks, Alabama's current District 5 congressman, lost Trump's endorsement in March. He hoped to regain Trump's backing, recently posting on Twitter and asking “MAGA Nation” to help plead his case for Trump’s endorsement, calling himself the “Trump candidate” in the race.

In a statement posted to social media site Truth Social, the former president criticized Brooks for "going woke" and "foolishly listening to the wrong consultants and not to the people."

In his endorsement, Trump called Britt a "fearless America-first warrior" who will "never let you down."

WAAY 31 received this statement from the Britt campaign:

“I’m thankful to have President Trump’s endorsement and strong support,” said Katie Britt. “President Trump knows that Alabamians are sick and tired of failed, do-nothing career politicians. It’s time for the next generation of conservatives to step up and shake things up in Washington to save the country we know and love for our children and our children’s children. In the Senate, I will fight to defend Alabama’s Christian conservative values, advance the America First agenda, and preserve the American Dream for generations to come.”

Sounds pretty darn MAGA to me.

I think your saddest day ever will be the day Trump passes away. You’re literally incapable of any nuanced thought anymore.

Katie’s press release isn’t any different than any conservative. Meanwhile MAGA world hated her.

Maybe read this by a nevertrump guy about Katie:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... in-alabama

Is Mitch McConnell MAGA? Trump hates him but endorsed him.

https://www.teammitch.com/president-tru ... mcconnell/

Trump broke you boys.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:14 pm I think your saddest day ever will be the day Trump passes away. You’re literally incapable of any nuanced thought anymore.
:lol: You think Trump dying will get rid of Trumpism?

Dude...ten seconds ago, you were whining about our fixed elections. THAT is Trumpism.

So is worrying about Drag Queens, while at the same time, ignoring that Trump and DeSantis aren't governing like conservatives...and keep making Big Government bigger.

You're a card carrying Trumpist, Pete. Never change!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:14 pm I think your saddest day ever will be the day Trump passes away. You’re literally incapable of any nuanced thought anymore.

Dude...ten seconds ago, you were whining about our fixed elections. THAT is Trumpism.

So is worrying about Drag Queens, while at the same time, ignoring that Trump and DeSantis aren't governing like conservatives...and keep making Big Government bigger.

You’ll be okay, a fan. One more.

4C78AC7D-A0A7-4AD1-90A9-CF5DBE82B7D6.jpeg
4C78AC7D-A0A7-4AD1-90A9-CF5DBE82B7D6.jpeg (127.34 KiB) Viewed 430 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:31 pm

I certainly will! Steak dinner says that your team has given me annual tax breaks that are more than you make in a year, Pete.

I'm ready for more if that's what you want!

Meanwhile? Hilariously? Your team STILL can't tell me what the plan is to help hard working, ordinary Americans. I don't need more tax breaks, Pete. All I need are healthy, educated customers who earn a good living. THAT is what I want for America.

You? You'll do anything to line your pockets. Oh, and to make drag queens (snicker) illegal.

Best of luck with that, Pete!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:49 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:31 pm

I certainly will! Steak dinner says that your team has given me annual tax breaks that are more than you make in a year, Pete.

I'm ready for more if that's what you want!

Meanwhile? Hilariously? Your team STILL can't tell me what the plan is to help hard working, ordinary Americans. I don't need more tax breaks, Pete. All I need are healthy, educated customers who earn a good living. THAT is what I want for America.

You? You'll do anything to line your pockets. Oh, and to make drag queens (snicker) illegal.

Best of luck with that, Pete!

Oh, you want to help ‘hard working ordinary Americans’, and not play woke all day? You mean, like help them achieve solid gains in after tax incomes? Like this maybe?

The latest Census Bureau Current Population Survey data now show that middle-class incomes, after adjusting for inflation, have surged by $5,003 since Donald Trump became president in January 2017. Median household income has now reached $65,976 – an all-time high and up more than 8 percent in 2019 dollars under the Trump presidency.

https://www.heritage.org/markets-and-fi ... p-policies

I mean $5+ gas might not be a winning political strategy if your goal is to ‘help hard working ordinary Americans’. But maybe you’ll be on to a new economic theory. Who knows!!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:55 pm Oh, you want to help ‘hard working ordinary Americans’, and not play woke all day? You mean, like help them achieve solid gains in after tax incomes? Like this maybe?

The latest Census Bureau Current Population Survey data now show that middle-class incomes, after adjusting for inflation, have surged by $5,003 since Donald Trump became president in January 2017. Median household income has now reached $65,976 – an all-time high and up more than 8 percent in 2019 dollars under the Trump presidency.
:lol: SIgh. Pete. We went over this already. Trump borrowed Trillions, and literally handed money out DIRECTLY to Americans and businesses. Billions to farmers for no reason. Borrowed every penny, and made the US Government 66% bigger.

So shocker, Americans had more money because (duh) Trump borrowed trillions and GAVE THE MONEY TO AMERICANS.

Get it? You're supposed to be AGAINST this sort of thing.

Or are you REALLY asking Biden to borrow $2 trillion, hand it out to Americans, and then like you, pretend that Americans worked for that money?

Pete: we have to pay that borrowed money back. It's not my fault that you don't understand this. Go ask an econ professor at UFlorida. He'll help you.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:05 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:55 pm Oh, you want to help ‘hard working ordinary Americans’, and not play woke all day? You mean, like help them achieve solid gains in after tax incomes? Like this maybe?

:lol: SIgh. Pete. We went over this already. Trump borrowed Trillions, and literally handed money out DIRECTLY to Americans and businesses. Billions to farmers for no reason. Borrowed every penny, and made the US Government 66% bigger.

So shocker, Americans had more money because (duh) Trump borrowed trillions and GAVE THE MONEY TO AMERICANS.

Get it? You're supposed to be AGAINST this sort of thing.

Or are you REALLY asking Biden to borrow $2 trillion, hand it out to Americans, and then like you, pretend that Americans worked for that money?

Pete: we have to pay that borrowed money back. It's not my fault that you don't understand this. Go ask an econ professor at UFlorida. He'll help you.

The thin layer of understanding of economics by my man here is almost sad if it wasn’t so funny.

By the way, without getting into the weeds on the Federal Reserve and the US Treasury, which American political party historically has called for unlimited dollar printing? For debt jubilees??
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Wait for it.... :lol: :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

good grief, the stupidity knows no bounds...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:34 pm good grief, the stupidity knows no bounds...

I guess. It does feel weird to agree with Vox.

The authors don’t mince words about why they think that is, writing: “Estimates suggest that fiscal support measures designed to counteract the severity of the pandemic’s economic effect may have contributed to this divergence by raising inflation about 3 percentage points by the end of 2021.”

That is: The US did a lot more stimulus than these other countries, and now it’s seeing a lot more core inflation. And the stimulus that most stands out is Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan — because it was enacted after more than $3 trillion had already been spent to stimulate the economy under Trump, with one big chunk of that being approved just three months prior.

https://www.vox.com/23036340/biden-amer ... -inflation
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:11 pm
By the way, without getting into the weeds on the Federal Reserve and the US Treasury, which American political party historically has called for unlimited dollar printing? For debt jubilees??
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trump just increased spending by 66% in just four years, and you're asking me this stupid question?

Quick quiz, Pete: Name the last Republican President since Eisenhower that cut spending from one year to the next. Should be all of them, right? :roll:

And it's not the the Dems are awesome, Pete. It's that your Republican party is so utterly full of sh*t, and doesn't know how to govern any other way than to throw borrowed money at their base...and then tell them that they "earned it". Oh, and then to act shocked when inflation arrives.

It works on you, Pete. Every time.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:54 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:34 pm good grief, the stupidity knows no bounds...

The authors don’t mince words about why they think that is, writing: “Estimates suggest that fiscal support measures designed to counteract the severity of the pandemic’s economic effect may have contributed to this divergence by raising inflation about 3 percentage points by the end of 2021.”

That is: The US did a lot more stimulus than these other countries, and now it’s seeing a lot more core inflation. And the stimulus that most stands out is Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan — because it was enacted after more than $3 trillion had already been spent to stimulate the economy under Trump, with one big chunk of that being approved just three months prior.

:lol: You told me that Government spending was no big deal, Pete.

Change you tune? For the 1,000th time this week?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:06 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:54 pm

:lol: You told me that Government spending was no big deal, Pete.

Change you tune? For the 1,000th time this week?

Just ftr, could you send me my post where I told you ‘government spending is no big deal’?

That doesn’t sound like me, it sounds like something you’d say I said but I never said. Thx.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:39 pm Just ftr, could you send me my post where I told you ‘government spending is no big deal’?
Don't need to, Pete. Because you're doing it RIGHT NOW.

Ready?

Trump increased the size of the Federal Government massively, increasing spending by 66% in just four years. This had a MASSIVE effect
on the US economy, and is a VERY big deal.

Agree, or not? Yes or no?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:48 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:39 pm Just ftr, could you send me my post where I told you ‘government spending is no big deal’?

Ready?

Trump increased the size of the Federal Government massively, increasing spending by 66% in just four years. This had a MASSIVE effect

In your previous post, you said ‘I told you’ ‘government spending is no big deal’.

Shouldn’t you first defend that claim before moving on?

I don’t recall putting words in your mouth. I mean, show me where I said that, or you can apologize I guess. Cause I don’t think I’d ever say that.

It’s important we don’t abuse the process of online dialogue. You can’t simply say folks say things when they haven’t, then run away.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:57 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:48 pm

Ready?

In your previous post, you said ‘I told you’ ‘government spending is no big deal’.

Shouldn’t you first defend that claim before moving on?
:lol: Translation: Petey is once again outwitted (like that's difficult), and won't tell us that yup, Trump increasing spending by 66% in four years is a very big deal, so Pete's gonna try and get us to look over that the neat-o squirrel.

We're still waiting for your CV, Pete.

Return to “POLITICS”