Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:23 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:45 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:17 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:00 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:13 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:00 am
It appears as if POC are getting tired of white FLP telling them everyone is racist.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ers-522562

wasn't much help for Amir Locke or Philando Castile in the Twin Cities
writer:
Richard Feldman is an attorney and government affairs expert. He lives in Rindge, N.H. Feldman formerly lobbied for the NRA and is the president of the Independent Firearm Owners Association.

Ok. Then this.

In 2020, half of all gun buyers were women, researchers say. One-fifth were Hispanic, and one-fifth were Black, according to the Northeastern University & Harvard Injury Control Research Center.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/04/us/us-gu ... index.html
Doesn't mean they like it...means that they are scared of those who already have guns. They know its easy for those who want to hurt them to be armed, and only getting easier in many places; so society is not gonna help them feel safe...that article pointed at the pandemic and people's fears of social unrest.

The gun culture is way, way out of control.

Look at where gun violence is highest per capita...all states with heavy gun culture, weakest gun restrictions.
You can’t help yourself. :lol: :lol:

Go have a walk in west Baltimore tonight and come back to the board in the morning and repeat your line above.
Unless he slingin’ he be fine. You know otherwise?

Is that what MD calls venture capital? :lol:

In any event, he might be fine strolling Mondawmin Mall if for no other reason the sensible residents there would simply assume he was a lunatic escapee from Shepherd Pratt. :lol:

On the other hand, MD made a comment that life is more dangerous in places like Mississippi than West Baltimore because gun laws in places like Mississippi are so lax. I’m thinking his comments are the rantings of a guy attempting to dunk on Republicans with contorted data, when everyone and our blind brother regardless of race would justifiably feel eminently safer in a town like Jackson versus a town like West Baltimore.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:53 pm
It appears as if POC are getting tired of white FLP telling them everyone is racist.

writer:
Richard Feldman is an attorney and government affairs expert. He lives in Rindge, N.H. Feldman formerly lobbied for the NRA and is the president of the Independent Firearm Owners Association.

Ok. Then this.

In 2020, half of all gun buyers were women, researchers say. One-fifth were Hispanic, and one-fifth were Black, according to the Northeastern University & Harvard Injury Control Research Center.

Doesn't mean they like it...means that they are scared of those who already have guns. They know its easy for those who want to hurt them to be armed, and only getting easier in many places; so society is not gonna help them feel safe...that article pointed at the pandemic and people's fears of social unrest.

Look at where gun violence is highest per capita...all states with heavy gun culture, weakest gun restrictions.

Go have a walk in west Baltimore tonight and come back to the board in the morning and repeat your line above.

In any event, he might be fine strolling Mondawmin Mall if for no other reason the sensible residents there would simply assume he was a lunatic escapee from Shepherd Pratt. :lol:

On the other hand, MD made a comment that life is more dangerous in places like Mississippi than West Baltimore because gun laws in places like Mississippi are so lax. I’m thinking his comments are the rantings of a guy attempting to dunk on Republicans with contorted data, when everyone and our blind brother regardless of race would justifiably feel eminently safer in a town like Jackson versus a town like West Baltimore.
I heard jokes about Mondawmin Mall when I was in college. They are old jokes.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:53 pm

writer:

Ok. Then this.

I heard jokes about Mondawmin Mall when I was in college. They are old jokes.
I've been to Mondawmin Mall many times, never felt unsafe.
Ridiculously racist comments by Petey.

Petey,
That's yet another lie from you. I did NOT say that you can't find some zip codes in various states with restrictive gun laws that have high gun violence. What I DID say is that the cause is clearly not the gun laws as zip codes nearby have low gun violence. Same laws.

Where there IS definitely a positive correlation between gun violence and laws, is in states that have lax laws...they have higher gun mortality than states with restrictive gun laws...very strong correlation, and I'd posit, a causal relationship though that's harder to prove than correlation.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:45 pm the president of the Independent Firearm Owners Association ...

Murder rates are significantly higher in the southern Christian professing holier-than-thou Republican controlled states.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:45 pm the president of the Independent Firearm Owners Association ...

Murder rates are significantly higher in the southern Christian professing holier-than-thou Republican controlled states.
And gun mortality in general, including suicides and accidents.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Racism is something that needs to be addressed locally. Same with gun violence. Unfortunately, the only gun violence our leaders seem to notice is when it happens to kids in a schoolroom. Sadly, we lose thousands of mostly young Americans to gun violence in their home towns, on their home streets, and neighborhoods every year. What does Baltimore average? One killing a day? Chicago? Other major cities? Where are the concerted actions and tougher laws to stop the killing in the streets??
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Lost in the fog of NRA obfuscation and misinformation...THAT'S where.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:03 pm Lost in the fog of NRA obfuscation and misinformation...THAT'S where.

Again, the school shootings always garner attention and are never lost in the fog. They are always met with the chorus of "fix it!"
Why are the regular shootings in our hometowns and cities ignored?

No matter the offense, we need MUCH harsher laws for gun crime criminals.

Send a message to those who want to use guns in crime and hurt our nation's youth.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

File under racist and astonishing stupid. Well done Indy.

Children’s museum apologizes for selling Juneteenth watermelon salad
The Indianapolis museum acknowledged ‘the negative impact that stereotypes have on Black communities’
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... lon-salad/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:30 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:03 pm Lost in the fog of NRA obfuscation and misinformation...THAT'S where.

Again, the school shootings always garner attention and are never lost in the fog. They are always met with the chorus of "fix it!"
Why are the regular shootings in our hometowns and cities ignored?

No matter the offense, we need MUCH harsher laws for gun crime criminals.

Send a message to those who want to use guns in crime and hurt our nation's youth.
+1 when you mention this issue the FLP usual suspects on this forum oddly break out with snide and sarcastic comments. The ongoing body count in urban America just aint that big of a deal to them. :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

You two rank right up there with Looney Gohmert with the brilliance of your comments. Dumass comments about all the other violence being perpetrated in our cities and how libs "don't care about that" ...wow...what a brilliant counter argument to sensible gun safety laws. Enforcing harsh sentencing AFTER gun violence has taken place has it's place...i guess you two are trying for the "deterrence" angle...cut off their hands and they won't go out and shoot people anymore. Wait for it..."LOOK! Dis doesn't give a rats rump about gun violence in our cities...he's being...he's being...SARCASTIC about it. WAH!!"

Try to remember that harsh sentencing takes place AFTER the fact of the violence. We now see that the "good guy with a gun" canard is just that, dumass bullchit.

Corruption in the form of kickbacks and electoral threats against lawmakers that defy the NRA is what you call CORRUPTION. You two seem to be all in on the notion that it's just FINE for lawmakers to take money and return the favor with the reward of a "no" vote on sensible gun safety. Pay to Play. Check. Vote against the wishes of a VAST majority of Americans. Check.

Yeah, that's just an unfathomable, dumass attitude.

Typical Lax Dad

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:07 am You two rank right up there with Looney Gohmert with the brilliance of your comments. Dumass comments about all the other violence being perpetrated in our cities and how libs "don't care about that" ...wow...what a brilliant counter argument to sensible gun safety laws. Enforcing harsh sentencing AFTER gun violence has taken place has it's place...i guess you two are trying for the "deterrence" angle...cut off their hands and they won't go out and shoot people anymore. Wait for it..."LOOK! Dis doesn't give a rats rump about gun violence in our cities...he's being...he's being...SARCASTIC about it. WAH!!"

Try to remember that harsh sentencing takes place AFTER the fact of the violence. We now see that the "good guy with a gun" canard is just that, dumass bullchit.

Corruption in the form of kickbacks and electoral threats against lawmakers that defy the NRA is what you call CORRUPTION. You two seem to be all in on the notion that it's just FINE for lawmakers to take money and return the favor with the reward of a "no" vote on sensible gun safety. Pay to Play. Check. Vote against the wishes of a VAST majority of Americans. Check.

Opioids and Fentanyl don’t kill people. People taking these drugs kill themselves. Make drug abuse sentences harsher. That will fix it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:07 am You two rank right up there with Looney Gohmert with the brilliance of your comments. Dumass comments about all the other violence being perpetrated in our cities and how libs "don't care about that" ...wow...what a brilliant counter argument to sensible gun safety laws. Enforcing harsh sentencing AFTER gun violence has taken place has it's place...i guess you two are trying for the "deterrence" angle...cut off their hands and they won't go out and shoot people anymore. Wait for it..."LOOK! Dis doesn't give a rats rump about gun violence in our cities...he's being...he's being...SARCASTIC about it. WAH!!"

You truly are an angry old FLP liberal guy. Here is an update for your dumb ass... CRIMINALS do not give an eff about sensible gun laws. THAT IS WHAT MY ENTIRE POINT has been all about. Your peeing in your pants about sensible gun laws while in urban cities CRIMINALS in possession of ILLEGAL WEAPONS and dumb eff FLP liberals such as yourself have no answer to the problem but ask for more sensible gun laws. I'm only calling you out for your hypocrisy. You need to get angry with someone.. look in the mirror..
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:24 am

Opioids and Fentanyl don’t kill people. People taking these drugs kill themselves. Make drug abuse sentences harsher. That will fix it.
How about making the people who SUPPLY these drugs be given harsher sentences??
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:37 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:24 am

How about making the people who SUPPLY these drugs be given harsher sentences??
Like making gun dealers, manufacturers and illegal gun sellers subject to civil penalties and jail for wrongful death? All for it.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I never said a word about stymying gun ownership laws. But if you're asking, I think those that want 'em, should be able to get 'em ...and as many as they want- after they have had their DEEP background dive, and shown they are a trained user, and will store them in a safe manner. Additionally, (which my second amendment friends may not like) I think ANY violent crime, should be met with a ban on your ability to own, purchase or possess a firearm of any type. And a conviction = surrender. And being caught with a firearm AFTER being banned? Enjoy prison.

But back to my original post. My point is, AGAIN, that the left only appears to care about a certain type of gun violence. And not the type that effects the most people in our country. Evidenced by the fact that the left has been in control of cities like Baltimore and Chicago for how many decades now, with a chance to fix a heartbreaking problem, and they don't ... or can't.

And yes, I'm a fan of strict gun-crime laws because most good gun owners take the laws very seriously and would abide. And I think some criminals DO think twice before acting. So they deserve the full force of the law if they get caught misusing a firearm. Any measure we have to curb gun-crime should be implemented.
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:50 pm

I never said a word about stymying gun ownership laws. But if you're asking, I think those that want 'em, should be able to get 'em ...and as many as they want- after they have had their DEEP background dive, and shown they are a trained user, and will store them in a safe manner. Additionally, (which my second amendment friends may not like) I think ANY violent crime, should be met with a ban on your ability to own, purchase or possess a firearm of any type. And a conviction = surrender. And being caught with a firearm AFTER being banned? Enjoy prison.

But back to my original post. My point is, AGAIN, that the left only appears to care about a certain type of gun violence. And not the type that effects the most people in our country. Evidenced by the fact that the left has been in control of cities like Baltimore and Chicago for how many decades now, with a chance to fix a heartbreaking problem, and they don't ... or can't.

And yes, I'm a fan of strict gun-crime laws because most good gun owners take the laws very seriously and would abide. And I think some criminals DO think twice before acting. So they deserve the full force of the law if they get caught misusing a firearm. Any measure we have to curb gun-crime should be implemented.
And how might a municipality that exists within larger political entities “solve” this problem?

We have to act in concert, without exceptions.

I’ve said it once but it bears repeating: what good are small arms against repressive governments? Or is it that they are good for self-defense? Statistics do not support that position.

“Evidenced by the fact that the left has been in control of cities like Baltimore and Chicago for how many decades now, with a chance to fix a heartbreaking problem, and they don't ... or can't.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”