The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:54 pm And lets also be honest that the power hungry, career, and pro gov't politicians enjoy the ability to use covid to really set their personal agendas.
What personal agenda fits in with Covid? I don't understand what you mean here.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:41 pm

What you bolded in read is very simple to define. The ever increasing amount of Americans, led by those of us in the working middle class are suffering from COVID fatigue. There is not a day that goes by anymore where the rules about COVID are not changed, tweaked, modified, re-evalulated then changed again, remodified, tweaked some more and so on and so on and so on. What my statement says simply is this... more and more people agreed with the measures federal, state and local governments first took. Today, more and more Americans don't trust the response from government. That is the genesis of my comment about more American people being concerned about what the government will do TO THEM. There was a report on our local news this morning predicting a reinstitution of mask mandates again in the fall. Right on cue, everybody is ready to swing back into panic mode. My wife and I have done everything by the book. We are both double vaccinated and double boostered. We both got COVID a week after booster #2. It was nothing more than a mild case of the flu for us. I'm sick of tired after each new report of yet a new and potentially more dangerous COVID variant... time to shut it all down again. There is such a thing as an abundance of caution that is morphing into paranoia with each new variant.
They're unwilling to accept that tens of millions are simply going to never get the vaccine, and want to protect those that are unvaccinated.

This is new territory for health officials.....asking them to care for those who are vaccinated, and ignore those who aren't. If they did that? Masks and distancing would be long, long gone.

It's the right move politically, and practically. But with over 1,000,000 dead Americans and counting, it's hard for health officials to just let it go.
Your point is valid and logical. The problem is not the people who don't want to get vaccinated. The problem is the guidelines given to citizens change almost every day. I took my wife to a Drs appointment yesterday. There was a huge waiting room with around 30 chairs 20 of which had signs saying do not sit here. There was my wife and I and one other person. Masks were still mandatory as the young lady at the reception desk said as an abundance of caution. IMO most folks keep trying to regain a semblance of a normal life then the rules all change again. My wife has a pragmatic approach, she simply thinks that things will never get back to normal and we all just have to get use to a new version of normal.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:10 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:54 pm And lets also be honest that the power hungry, career, and pro gov't politicians enjoy the ability to use covid to really set their personal agendas.
I'm thinking it goes back to something Rahm Emanuel said... never let a good crisis go to waste.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:26 pm
I'm thinking it goes back to something Rahm Emanuel said... never let a good crisis go to waste.
I guess I don't see it that way in this particular case. Because if you're one of the many governors who shut anything down? I just don't see any way that you didn't lose votes in our current political climate.

Our mayor out here in Denver? That genius laid on a bunch of restrictions (cutting capacity in half, etc) on restaurants right before thanksgiving of 2020, saying we're all in this together...and then hopped on a plane to see his relatives. Residents were rightfully livid at this utter lack of leadership..and after seeing this selfish act, you'd have to hold a gun to my head to get me to vote for that man.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

The politicians had no clue what to do, but in an effort to appear to be doing something …. They did. Something.

It didn’t work. Lessons could have been learned along the way, but our institutions seemed determined to eliminate any chance of that. No good data has been collected/retained. Our institutions have positioned themselves to not be second guessed.

afan to your point about health officials, I have been trying to listen to both sides through this whole pandemic, and I don’t hear a lot of unvaccinated people asking health officials to do anything for them other than leave them alone.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

There’s a thread for this where its well tread material for a long time but that’s simply not true because they wanted to proceed with their routines which risks everyone else in the respect that this is an airborne and communicable which mean. They weren’t self quarantining from society in lieu of the measures taken. Most were indifferent to the notion that they could give it to others or didn’t understand this simple concept.

I want to rob a hospital and be left alone. The government is totally unfair to me.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:03 pm I’ve got faith in our Constitution, working on having the same faith in those sworn to defend it! But it held!
Yup...but that Constitution requires us, the people, to vote, and for those we elect, to actually do their sworn duties...thank goodness a small handful did, as a whole lot of others did not...
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:45 pm The politicians had no clue what to do, but in an effort to appear to be doing something …. They did. Something.
Disagree. They chose to fund the vaccine. Trump CHOSE to make it a State level effort, not Federal. Lots of choices that led to some good outcomes...and yes, some bad ones, too. And, of course, we have to remember that citizens have entirely different definitions in 2022 as to what a "good outcome" is in the first place. :lol:
HooDat wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:45 pm It didn’t work. Lessons could have been learned along the way, but our institutions seemed determined to eliminate any chance of that. No good data has been collected/retained. Our institutions have positioned themselves to not be second guessed.
Well, in their defense, they hadn't been second guessed like they were at any time in our history.

Our vaxx rates up to 2020?-----mandatory, Government mandated vaxxes-----were at over 90% for the last 40 or so years. In every State. Regardless of demographic. How could anyone foresee a rejection rate so high that we didn't all but snuff Covid out? I didn't see that coming. Did you?
HooDat wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:45 pm afan to your point about health officials, I have been trying to listen to both sides through this whole pandemic, and I don’t hear a lot of unvaccinated people asking health officials to do anything for them other than leave them alone.
Yes...but do you understand how insane that sounds to a medical professional? Doubly so when these same unvaxxed people show up at their door, begging for their help when they get Covid really, really bad. "Oh...so suddenly you want my opinion as to what to do? " That's a tough pill to swallow for any human being.

You're asking people who are, for example, directly responsible for the health of the entire State of Colorado to do nothing, when they know that if they do nothing, more people will die. That's a tough ask if you have a heart....and all these people do. They've never had to deal with so many people in their charge saying "no" to life saving treatment (the various vaccines).

But I'm in agreement with you in the sense that the minute vaccines were available to kids, and folks had a reasonable time to get them? This pandemic was over for this American. But health departments don't think like that.....and Imho, it's hard to fault them for wanting to save lives. Their hearts are most certainly in the right place.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Bingo. They did t lose votes. But Lots of power hungry politicians got to show their true colors. The goon in NJ comes to mind.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:57 pm
Bingo. They did t lose votes. But Lots of power hungry politicians got to show their true colors. The goon in NJ comes to mind.
What did he do? I have no clue.

As for "didn't lose votes", there haven't been any post Covid votes for Governor yet, right? Isn't this fall the 1st round?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:02 pm

As for "didn't lose votes", there haven't been any post Covid votes for Governor yet, right? Isn't this fall the 1st round?
He was an unknown governor before covid. But he really used covid to grab some power and flex his fascist muscles.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:07 pm

He was an unknown governor before covid. But he really used covid to grab some power and flex his fascist muscles.
You really think Murphy is a “fascist”?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

By 1940s standards, no. By Fanlax standards, yes.

His overreach and extended power grab during covid was terrible.

His extended emergency was criminal

He blatantly disregarded the state's actual numbers, the will of the people, and requests from other local leaders and politicans to ease restrictions.

This was after almost two years of massive restrictions:

https://newjerseymonitor.com/2022/01/10 ... cy-powers/

A month later he extended his power for another 90 days.

So yes, he's a stinker. His actions were similar or worse than things another politician (who was called a fascist right here on Fanlax) did.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

King Andy lost a chitload of support if not votes for his mishandling and outright lying in his handling of COVID in NYS. To be honest.. horn dog Andy had bigger problems that brought him down. It is funny how nobody, especially on this forum, gave credit to the dumpster for giving King Andy every penny he asked for to bring the Mercy hospital ship to New York harbor and convert the Javitts Center for use as an emergency hospital facility. How many of you remember what a waste time, money and resources that was? :roll: Short term memory that afflicts alot of people on this forum. That is the end result of decisions made by leadership
who are scared and feel the need to do something.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:25 pm By 1940s standards, no. By Fanlax standards, yes.

He blatantly disregarded the state's actual numbers, the will of the people, and requests from other local leaders and politicans to ease restrictions.

So yes, he's a stinker. His actions were similar or worse than things another politician (who was called a fascist right here on Fanlax) did.
Not to mention King Andy sending untold thousands of senior citizens back to nursing homes to die. At the time King Andy was being stroked by the usual suspects on this forum. The only good thing to possibly come from the King Andy chitshow is the slimy pile of excrement will NEVER be POTUS.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Freudian slip or Joe just being Joe. "It's why I and so many other have cancer". https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status ... 0t9rcEBwfQ
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

And now add Covid on top of cancer.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/07/21 ... iden-cases
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

yeah, he should go on a steady diet of Big Macs and Diet Cokes...served the last guy well, right?? :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Maybe it's the big macs and diet cokes making him babble incoherently?

a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:25 pm By 1940s standards, no. By Fanlax standards, yes.

Yet as far as I have found? Only Pennsylvania, to their credit, removed some of the Emergency powers given to their Governor in times of emergency....and gave the power back to their legislature.

What are the rest of the States doing about this?

Return to “POLITICS”