The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
HooDat

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by HooDat »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:36 am
HooDat wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:25 am the one you miss is the one that comes back to bite you in the ass
especially when the one you miss ends up with airplanes crashing into iconic US buildings full of people, or auguring into fields in Pennsylvania.....
What precautions could have been taken??? If word leaks out of the potential threat then mass panic breaks out. The Bush administration had the intell that something was up involving airplanes. I'm not defending their lack of not doing something to try and understand the sensitive nature of how do you accomplish that goal? IMO they just never comprehended the extent of the co-ordination and the dedication these people had to achieving their objective. We learned our lesson the hard way.
I don't have an answer - just Monday morning QB'ing. My point was more that, when the stakes get that high, it looks really really bad. When you ask to sit at the Big Boy table, you are going to be held to a higher standard....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:25 am the one you miss is the one that comes back to bite you in the ass
especially when the one you miss ends up with airplanes crashing into iconic US buildings full of people, or auguring into fields in Pennsylvania.....
What precautions could have been taken??? If word leaks out of the potential threat then mass panic breaks out. The Bush administration had the intell that something was up involving airplanes. I'm not defending their lack of not doing something to try and understand the sensitive nature of how do you accomplish that goal? IMO they just never comprehended the extent of the co-ordination and the dedication these people had to achieving their objective. We learned our lesson the hard way.
Did you realize that some of the people involved with the plane attack were also involved with the truck bomb in basement of the WTC a few years earlier?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

We had good reason & opportunity to take out OBL after the embassy bombings & the Cole.
Instead, we lobbed a couple cruise missiles at an empty training camp in the desert.
9-11 taught us never again. ...Predator/Reaper drone & Hellfire missiles helped.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/defense ... istan.html
This weekends Taliban garden party in Kabul has been postponed indefinitely.
Admiral John Kirby is THE best govt spokesperson in my memory (imo)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:34 pm
Did you realize that some of the people involved with the plane attack were also involved with the truck bomb in basement of the WTC a few years earlier?
Yes I do. Our intell people knew something was up involving planes. IDK how you connect the dots to stop it. I would like to believe they didn't ignore the intell they had. They didn't have enough pieces of the puzzle to figure out the where, when and how. The fact our law enforcement agencies were not communicating with one another did not help. Thanks to Jamie Gorelick and her wall made the problem worse.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:49 am
Yes I do. Our intell people knew something was up involving planes. IDK how you connect the dots to stop it. I would like to believe they didn't ignore the intell they had. They didn't have enough pieces of the puzzle to figure out the where, when and how. The fact our law enforcement agencies were not communicating with one another did not help. Thanks to Jamie Gorelick and her wall made the problem worse.
I really don’t blame anyone. Terrorists exploited a weakness. We have since made changes. Live and learn as they say. Today we have much better awareness and still living under post 9/11 changes. Lots of threats are neutralized everyday, but if we aren’t perfect, it’s a failure.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:42 pm We had good reason & opportunity to take out OBL after the embassy bombings & the Cole.
Instead, we lobbed a couple cruise missiles at an empty training camp in the desert.
9-11 taught us never again. ...Predator/Reaper drone & Hellfire missiles helped.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/defense ... istan.html
This weekends Taliban garden party in Kabul has been postponed indefinitely.
Admiral John Kirby is THE best govt spokesperson in my memory (imo)
Kirby is indeed very good. Very smart, very credible. Measured. But clear.

Has he yet been asked about the Defense Dept wiping the phones of departing Trump appointees, despite FOIA requests, despite requirements to preserve?

I wouldn't want to have to explain that...presumably he'll say it's being investigated.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:25 am
I really don’t blame anyone. Terrorists exploited a weakness. We have since made changes. Live and learn as they say. Today we have much better awareness and still living under post 9/11 changes. Lots of threats are neutralized everyday, but if we aren’t perfect, it’s a failure.
+1. i agree with you 100%
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:25 am
Airport security, and 75-85% of DHS in general is a joke, kabuki theatre and redundant (if we had well functioning operations and oversight). I don’t feel any safer than I did pre 9/11 in airports or flying. I’m sure many think it’s elevated safety and acidity but it’s not. It’s just more complexity, cooks in the kitchen and additional regulatory capture.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Jake Tapper@jaketapper

Between infrastructure, gun safety, CHIPs, and the PACT Act, all passed in less than a year, I can't recall a period of so many big and substantive bipartisan accomplishments for Congress.

With a 50/50 Senate.

7:54 PM · Aug 2, 2022·TweetDeck
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Jerry Poopypants joins a litany of democrats, including AOC and Manchin, declining to encourage a 2024 run by Biden:

https://news.yahoo.com/two-top-house-de ... 11593.html
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

so what happens when Biden decides he wants to run? He keeps saying he is running. Is that why various bigwigs loyal to the DNC are shading him? Trying to give him the hint that they don't want him?

How do you primary a sitting president? What would the debates look like?

I am not sure I recall any sitting president running for re-election against a challenger in his own party. Taft is the only one every right?
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

HooDat wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:24 pm so what happens when Biden decides he wants to run? He keeps saying he is running. Is that why various bigwigs loyal to the DNC are shading him? Trying to give him the hint that they don't want him?

I am not sure I recall any sitting president running for re-election against a challenger in his own party. Taft is the only one every right?
Carter was challenged by Teddy Kennedy I believe.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:20 pm
HooDat wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:24 pm so what happens when Biden decides he wants to run? He keeps saying he is running. Is that why various bigwigs loyal to the DNC are shading him? Trying to give him the hint that they don't want him?

Carter was challenged by Teddy Kennedy I believe.
To a game of flip cup on a yacht?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://i0.wp.com/www.dailycartoonist.c ... 8152_n.png

It's difficult to argue with success. Thank you Mr Biden!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Inflation Reduction Act

Burning Pits Veterans Care Bill

Semiconductor Manufacturing Bill

Gun Control Bill

Infrastructure Bill

American Rescue Plan Act

10 million jobs created

$1.5 trillion in budget deficit reduction

al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri killed

Ended 20-year U.S. war in Afghanistan

That is arguably the best first two years of any President in nearly six decades.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:04 pm Inflation Reduction Act

Gun Control Bill

Infrastructure Bill

American Rescue Plan Act

10 million jobs created

That is arguably the best first two years of any President in nearly six decades.

DocBarrister 8-)
Hell, by those standards...you shoulda loved the hell outta some Trump. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:56 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:04 pm Inflation Reduction Act

Gun Control Bill

Infrastructure Bill

American Rescue Plan Act

10 million jobs created

DocBarrister 8-)
Hell, by those standards...you shoulda loved the hell outta some Trump. :lol:
What is it about Trump that you like?

That he is a racist?

That he mocks disabled people?

That he is a pathological liar?

That he is corrupt?

That he practically l***** the balls of Vladimir Putin?

That he had a romance with murderous dictator, Kim Jong Un?

That he lied about a once-in-a-century pandemic?

That he blew open a massive increase in the federal budget deficit?

That he failed to get anywhere near passing an infrastructure bill?

That he attempted a coup on January 6, 2021?

That he is a credibly accused rapist?

Or … all of the above?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

President Biden reinstated the largest oil and gas lease sale in U.S. history, essentially steamrolling the need for environmental review, by signing the Inflation Reduction Act into law on Tuesday.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bi ... ation-bill
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:53 am President Biden reinstated the largest oil and gas lease sale in U.S. history, essentially steamrolling the need for environmental review, by signing the Inflation Reduction Act into law on Tuesday.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bi ... ation-bill
Fox now supports Biden??? :lol: ;)

Return to “POLITICS”