~46~ President Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by cradleandshoot »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:03 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:19 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:36 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 am want some cheese with that whine, cradle...ohh my, 20 years from now I will need to drive an electric car...
I'll still be driving my little old Toyota Corolla if you will let me. BTW, is that an electric motor you have in your boat? Are you guzzling gas and polluting the waterways with your yacht? By the way, a sharp cheddar with my Chianti would be very nice.🍷
I don't currently have a boat, cradle, never owned a "yacht", but I'd be willing to bet that we get to an electric motor capacity with most of those vehicles as well.
I'm more of a canoe guy. The propulsion system has never changed. I am sure your right. Those people at Evinrude and Mercury must be scrambling to develope new boat motors. No more gas cans in the boat. You will need one heavy duty battery. That also means all of those Marinas will have to install charging stations by the docks. FTR my former In Laws were all boat people, mostly SeaRays. If your boat was bigger than 20 feet and you could sleep on it overnight comfortably, it was a yacht. I read this a long time ago and is relevant to this conversation. The 2 happiest days of all boat owners.. buying your first boat and ultimately selling that first boat. :D I can now move on to a new vehicle for all you environmental speed demons. What happens with your snow mobiles? Will you even be able to hear an electric snow mobiles? Do all of those watering holes at Tug Hill need to install charging stations? Should they also be required to have interlock devices to prove your sober enough to drive your sled.
A bigger point here is being missed. This is not the government's money, it is our money. We willingly give it to them and they in turn are expected to be good stewards of the money. We are frogs in a pot, watching them spend our money in ever more ridiculous ways, from grants for useless scientific experiments (shrimp on a treadmill, anyone) to boondoggles like EV charging when the underlying technology is far from advanced enough to proceed. I asked my neighbor back in MD where his Prius battery was going when the car died and he looked at me with a blank stare. We live too much in the moment, and it's a built in feature of government. Our problem is our representatives have a 2 or 6 year time horizon, whereas we all hope ours is way longer than that.
Great post FFX. My perspective is very simple and much less complicated. If you choose to drive an EV more power to you, go for it hero. If you prefer the internal combustion engine.. more power to you, that should be your choice since your spending your own hard earned money on your purchase. The problem is, that MD lax categorized as me whining about it is... I DON'T WANT YOU ENVIRONMENTAL FREAKS telling me what i have to drive because you all want to save the planet. I also don't want you environmental freaks telling me what type of hamburger i can grill. I also don't want you environmental freaks telling me how to heat my house. If you want to save the planet here is some 411 for all of you... PLANET EARTH does not need your help. I am a good steward of my planet. I walk my Roxy girl every morning. Every morning the garbage bag I bring is filled with the trash everybody throws out of their car to the side of the road. Who the F**k are we saving the planet for anyways?? All the rich white FLP liberals on this forum. that includes my friend MD lax can afford to spend a couple grand to install charging stations in their garage. What about the rest of middle America who live from paycheck to paycheck and could care less about saving the planet but worry about how do they pay their mortgage next month?? What am i thinking, they can all just walk, ride the bus or buy a bike... :roll: No need for anybody to advise me that this was a rant so save your breath. If I need any chit from you FLP folks I can just cut a hole in your heads and scoop it out. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 am want some cheese with that whine, cradle...ohh my, 20 years from now I will need to drive an electric car...
... same guy was whining about the disappearance of resistive light bulbs. Didn't want anyone telling him he had to use LEDs or CFLs. 5 years later the economics switched in favor of the new technologies as the market matured. He stopped whining about something that never happened. Same thing will happen with EVs.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:02 am
I'll still be driving my little old Toyota Corolla if you will let me. BTW, is that an electric motor you have in your boat? Are you guzzling gas and polluting the waterways with your yacht? By the way, a sharp cheddar with my Chianti would be very nice.🍷
I don't currently have a boat, cradle, never owned a "yacht", but I'd be willing to bet that we get to an electric motor capacity with most of those vehicles as well.
I'm more of a canoe guy. The propulsion system has never changed. I am sure your right. Those people at Evinrude and Mercury must be scrambling to develope new boat motors. No more gas cans in the boat. You will need one heavy duty battery. That also means all of those Marinas will have to install charging stations by the docks. FTR my former In Laws were all boat people, mostly SeaRays. If your boat was bigger than 20 feet and you could sleep on it overnight comfortably, it was a yacht. I read this a long time ago and is relevant to this conversation. The 2 happiest days of all boat owners.. buying your first boat and ultimately selling that first boat. :D I can now move on to a new vehicle for all you environmental speed demons. What happens with your snow mobiles? Will you even be able to hear an electric snow mobiles? Do all of those watering holes at Tug Hill need to install charging stations? Should they also be required to have interlock devices to prove your sober enough to drive your sled.
A bigger point here is being missed. This is not the government's money, it is our money. We willingly give it to them and they in turn are expected to be good stewards of the money. We are frogs in a pot, watching them spend our money in ever more ridiculous ways, from grants for useless scientific experiments (shrimp on a treadmill, anyone) to boondoggles like EV charging when the underlying technology is far from advanced enough to proceed. I asked my neighbor back in MD where his Prius battery was going when the car died and he looked at me with a blank stare. We live too much in the moment, and it's a built in feature of government. Our problem is our representatives have a 2 or 6 year time horizon, whereas we all hope ours is way longer than that.
Great post FFX. My perspective is very simple and much less complicated. If you choose to drive an EV more power to you, go for it hero. If you prefer the internal combustion engine.. more power to you, that should be your choice since your spending your own hard earned money on your purchase. The problem is, that MD lax categorized as me whining about it is... I DON'T WANT YOU ENVIRONMENTAL FREAKS telling me what i have to drive because you all want to save the planet. I also don't want you environmental freaks telling me what type of hamburger i can grill. I also don't want you environmental freaks telling me how to heat my house. If you want to save the planet here is some 411 for all of you... PLANET EARTH does not need your help. I am a good steward of my planet. I walk my Roxy girl every morning. Every morning the garbage bag I bring is filled with the trash everybody throws out of their car to the side of the road. Who the F**k are we saving the planet for anyways?? All the rich white FLP liberals on this forum. that includes my friend MD lax can afford to spend a couple grand to install charging stations in their garage. What about the rest of middle America who live from paycheck to paycheck and could care less about saving the planet but worry about how do they pay their mortgage next month?? What am i thinking, they can all just walk, ride the bus or buy a bike... :roll: No need for anybody to advise me that this was a rant so save your breath. If I need any chit from you FLP folks I can just cut a hole in your heads and scoop it out. :D
:lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Where does that Prius battery go??
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:33 am
Where does that Prius battery go??
Landfill or incinerator after any rare earth minerals are possibly recovered. If it's NYC, probably going upstate or out to the Midwest. BTW, that's 3.2 million tons per year of NYC trash waste that New Yorkers are sending elsewhere. Nice.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

The electric motorcycle industry has already thought of that:
https://www.fastcompany.com/3032210/the ... could-love
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:19 pm
The electric motorcycle industry has already thought of that:
https://www.fastcompany.com/3032210/the ... could-love
Very smart of those folks at HD. I can't envision a heavily tattooed Hells Angel putting around on a soft tail that sounded like a Vespa.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

I've got an electric outboard for my 15' zodiac. Almost no maintenance vs. the 2 and 4 strokes I have/had. Plug in the battery after fishing, put in some dielectric grease on the connections every few months. Do some quick diagnostics once a year. Recycle the batteries after 5-10 years depending on usage. We've already got electrical at all the docks to charge batteries up to ~50hp fairly quickly. I plan ahead like I did with gas outboards, and I can charge it anywhere while getting lunch.

If I screw up planning and motor dies (like screwing up with gas planning), we have oars and poles. It's already paid for itself in drum and trout. Very little sound and no smell. German made too...
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 amA bigger point here is being missed. This is not the government's money, it is our money.
Technically untrue. It's literally the US government's money. They print it, and protect its value. Without the US Government it's........Bitcoin, the pyramid scheme.

But I certainly get your point.
get it to x wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 am We willingly give it to them and they in turn are expected to be good stewards of the money. We are frogs in a pot, watching them spend our money in ever more ridiculous ways, from grants for useless scientific experiments (shrimp on a treadmill, anyone) to boondoggles like EV charging when the underlying technology is far from advanced enough to proceed.
That's what many said about the billions spent on Mercury and Apollo programs. And roads and National Parks. And the SUNY system.

The problem, of course, is that no one is offering a choice in governance. A choice between big and small government. Many, many would give it a try if it was offered.

Of course, you'd have to deal with the consequences of small government. Which is the flip side to your question of "what do you do with your battery when you're done?" Are you gonna be ok if your kids can't afford private universities because they shut down all the JUCO and State University options?

By the way? The answer to "what do you do with your battery is", you give it back to Tesla.

Reagan, Bush, Bush, and Trump all exploded spending, and added to the deficit. They're not offering what you're suggesting, Get it to X. Republicans are offering MORE spending, and tinfoil hat National Enquirer governance. Hard pass.

Obama, on the other hand, cut Federal Spending two years running. You liked that, right?

So who do I vote for to get small government, my man? Because the answer sure as *hit isn't Republican candidates.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:36 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 amA bigger point here is being missed. This is not the government's money, it is our money.
Technically untrue. It's literally the US government's money. They print it, and protect its value. Without the US Government it's........Bitcoin, the pyramid scheme.

get it to x wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 am We willingly give it to them and they in turn are expected to be good stewards of the money. We are frogs in a pot, watching them spend our money in ever more ridiculous ways, from grants for useless scientific experiments (shrimp on a treadmill, anyone) to boondoggles like EV charging when the underlying technology is far from advanced enough to proceed.
That's what many said about the billions spent on Mercury and Apollo programs. And roads and National Parks. And the SUNY system.

The problem, of course, is that no one is offering a choice in governance. A choice between big and small government. Many, many would give it a try if it was offered.

Of course, you'd have to deal with the consequences of small government. Which is the flip side to your question of "what do you do with your battery when you're done?" Are you gonna be ok if your kids can't afford private universities because they shut down all the JUCO and State University options?

By the way? The answer to "what do you do with your battery is", you give it back to Tesla.

Reagan, Bush, Bush, and Trump all exploded spending, and added to the deficit. They're not offering what you're suggesting, Get it to X. Republicans are offering MORE spending, and tinfoil hat National Enquirer governance. Hard pass.

Obama, on the other hand, cut Federal Spending two years running. You liked that, right?

So who do I vote for to get small government, my man? Because the answer sure as *hit isn't Republican candidates.
The government is not immune from making wise choices. We actually do send some fairly intelligent people to Washington, DC (or locally, to Columbia, SC although Annapolis is another story altogether). Many are intelligent but not smart, or they are captured by their party and their initial good intentions crash on the rocky shores of politics. In addition, we have an unelected fourth branch of government that does most of the rulemaking, thereby moving decision making even further from the voters. We could cut federal spending by not allowing the printing of money and the accumulation of debt without a supermajority. We could also give each agency 95% of what they got the year before and have them find the waste, fraud and abuse. We would have a balanced budget in no time flat. My wife and I have to prioritize our spending every day of every week, why not the federal government?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
CU88

Post by CU88 »

get it to x wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:56 am

The government is not immune from making wise choices. We actually do send some fairly intelligent people to Washington, DC (or locally, to Columbia, SC although Annapolis is another story altogether). Many are intelligent but not smart, or they are captured by their party and their initial good intentions crash on the rocky shores of politics. In addition, we have an unelected fourth branch of government that does most of the rulemaking, thereby moving decision making even further from the voters. We could cut federal spending by not allowing the printing of money and the accumulation of debt without a supermajority. We could also give each agency 95% of what they got the year before and have them find the waste, fraud and abuse. We would have a balanced budget in no time flat. My wife and I have to prioritize our spending every day of every week, why not the federal government?
Just look at the recent military funding, lets control that bloat and the rest of the funding will fall in line.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:39 am
get it to x wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:56 am

Just look at the recent military funding, lets control that bloat and the rest of the funding will fall in line.
Agreed 100%. We have weapons systems that take on a life or their own. We also have the military brass to defense contractor pipeline that distorts things like gaming test results. Eisenhower warned us about the military industrial complex but forgot to include Congress and the Executive branch as willing accomplices.
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:56 am The government is not immune from making wise choices. We actually do send some fairly intelligent people to Washington, DC (or locally, to Columbia, SC although Annapolis is another story altogether). Many are intelligent but not smart, or they are captured by their party and their initial good intentions crash on the rocky shores of politics.
In my experience, our State leaders are pretty good, regardless of party.
get it to x wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:56 am In addition, we have an unelected fourth branch of government that does most of the rulemaking, thereby moving decision making even further from the voters. We could cut federal spending by not allowing the printing of money and the accumulation of debt without a supermajority.
I'd sign up for that. It would make governing SO much easier, because a citizen's choices would impact their taxes. Especially so for those of us who aren't .01%ers, gaming the system.

We would never have gone to Iraq with a balanced budget (My taxes are going to go up HOW much? Yeah, I'm not voting for that) And we'd look at things like the EV stations you don't like. Which is a great thing, IMHO.
get it to x wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:56 am We could also give each agency 95% of what they got the year before and have them find the waste, fraud and abuse.
We already do that. Inflation. The money goes to two places, largely. Medicare, which is unfunded to the tune of $3 for every $1 a taxpayer puts in. And the military. Good luck cutting the military. Your team would never go for that. Same goes for Medicare. Your team would never go for that.

Which, of course, is why Republicans make government bigger every chance they get. Trump increased spending by over 60% in four years. Are you telling me you're cool with that?

And no, Biden ain't a whole lot better. On that part I'd imagine we agree.
a fan

Post by a fan »

This is how you know how full of *hit the military is when it comes to funding. We just left Afghanistan, which was costing us billions per year.

Are they going to cut spending by those same billions per year, now that that expense is gone?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:29 am
This is how you know how full of *hit the military is when it comes to funding. We just left Afghanistan, which was costing us billions per year.

Are they going to cut spending by those same billions per year, now that that expense is gone?
NFW. They will look for some other area to spend twice as much on and it will probably be just as much of a waste in dollars, though maybe not blood.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

We used to have self imposed term limits. Now even Ron Johnson, who said he was leaving after two terms, is running for a third term. We need more of the "citizen legislator" type like you say we have at the state level. Not sure I agree with your premise though, as I had direct dealing with the legislature in MD and many of them were craven, backroom deal makers. The system is so screwed up that even if term limits were instituted it would just make the bureaucracy stronger and less responsive to the people. The Federal bureaucracy generally serves itself first, the politicians second and the people third. Certainly not government of, by and for the people.
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:42 pm We used to have self imposed term limits. Now even Ron Johnson, who said he was leaving after two terms, is running for a third term. We need more of the "citizen legislator" type like you say we have at the state level. Not sure I agree with your premise though, as I had direct dealing with the legislature in MD and many of them were craven, backroom deal makers.
Colorado is a different State, with different leaders, and with very little corruption. Heck, it's zero corruption in comparison with East Coast and Southern States.

They work together well, and have been able to strike a middle ground for years. We're lucky.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

They are not far off.....actually, they nailed it.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Saw this quote on Glenn Greenwald's feed re Baghdad Jen's latest advice:

"Have a margarita is the new let them eat cake"

Brilliant.
LaxDog

Post by LaxDog »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:18 am Saw this quote on Glenn Greenwald's feed re Baghdad Jen's latest advice:

"Have a margarita is the new let them eat cake"

Brilliant.
Stephanie Gallardo, a Democrat running for Congress in Washington said it well: "Unfortunately Kickboxing classes average $150 so are $149 outside of my budget. Drinking a margarita at 11:37 on a Friday morning doesn't seem advisable. And keeping up a fight none of y'all are fighting seems rather futile."

Return to “POLITICS”