All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:52 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:17 amLet me get this straight, Joe Biden who is now our fearless leader, has no bearing on how long this situation remains a national calamity? I mean Trump hasn't been in power for nearly 9 months now, so NONE of Joes action's since he took over our response as President will determine how much longer this situation remains a "national calamity" moving forward? NONE OF HIS ACTIONS AT ALL? Because I mean the man that you have so much hatred for turned this situation into a national calamity and nothing that is ever done after that will have ANY BEARING on the trajectory and outcome of the response. For the rest of time it will be on DT, because he singled handedly turned it into a national calamity and nothing in our response afterwards has NO BEARING moving forward. Truly sad that you think this way. Truly sad. Rationality, you should try it sometime. :roll: :roll:

Joe
There's some Fair and Balanced (rational??) thinking for you.

Who has poisoned MILLIONS of citizens attitudes about this calamity with his flat out numbnuttery? "Don't let that cruise line boat dock because 'my numbers will look bad!'" "It will go away when the weather warms up" The economy is WAY more important (again, "my numbers") than measures we take to stem the spread."

Who has RELENTLESSLY encouraged, cajoled and insisted that the country take steps to protect itself and its economy against the spread of this scourge.

ANY rational human being can see the night-and-day difference between the leadership shown by one man and the totally erroneous "leadership" of another. Tell us one blessed thing Trump did correctly here. Don't give is "Warp Speed" either...that whole program was forced on that moron by members of the government that were desperate to get a response, ANY competent, effective response going instead of the constant lying, obfuscation and blame-shifting this bum grifter was foisting on us all for four years.

Those that don't see the truth of this situation are simply tilting at windmills.

IS it a calamity or isn't it, Joe? Could trump have handled it in ANY different way than he did? What part of his response did you like? What more can Joe be doing at this time? You DO know that hundreds of thousands of Americans are resisting Joe's efforts at mitigating this situation because of one man, right? Can you acknowledge this or not?

But he used more emojis so it must be right...
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:05 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:54 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:39 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:20 am Welcome to Joe's daily outrage!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Daily outrage? What the heck are you talking about. you FLP brethren don't realize how much of a joke this thread has become. Just a big circle jerk of how much you hate Trump. Isn't there another thread for that? Clueless, utterly clueless. This little thread is SO FAR from reality that you FLP brethren wouldn't even know reality if it shot you in the damn face. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
"FLP", "joke", "circle jerk", "clueless, etc, etc.

Come on, Joe, you're just getting pushback.
Just make your arguments.
MD,

It's not pushback, it's pure insanity. Look at the last 3 pages of this thread. It should be renamed- Hatred for DJT.

There's a thread for that.

You know better. :roll:

Joe
Actually, most of the discussion has been about the virus, who is spreading it, how, and why, and about who is trying to reduce it's spread, how and why, who is fighting against those efforts, how and why.

It's on point.

Trump and Trumpism, lying, misinformation, phony conspiracies, etc are all inevitably part of the mix. Because they are 'on thread topic'.

Note, there's been some quite nuanced discussion as well.
You know what guys you win. Enjoy this cesspool of a thread that you have cultivated. I'm done with, totally lost it with you FLP Brethren. Snapped, whatever you want to call it. You've got me all pegged now, that's me angry Joe. :oops: :oops:

Joe
It's ok to avoid this thread for awhile (or forever) if it ticks you off so much.

You're definitely flaming at others, so yes, I read that as you're not in full control emotionally.

I think you were asking a question inside one of those "angry" retorts, that if I understand correctly, might actually be a fair question.

Responding to dis, you wrote:

Doe you lose sleep at night because somebody that you have political hatred for "want's to return to office in 2024" Serious question? Millions of people object because they are being told it's their ticket back to normalcy. Yet certain places are STILL imposing restrictions on those who are vaccinated. So those people that you mention feel as if, "what's the point"?

Joe

Are you asking why there continue to be restrictions on vaccinated people, in areas where the virus remains raging?

Or are you saying that people don't understand that while the vaccines help a ton, they aren't a perfect protection against infection and further spread, thus the need for additional measures even if vaccinated? And so, more and better communication is needed?

Or are you saying, screw additional measures, tell people it's perfect and getting vaccinated means they have complete permission to do anything, anywhere, they want?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:07 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:59 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:56 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:17 amLet me get this straight, Joe Biden who is now our fearless leader, has no bearing on how long this situation remains a national calamity? I mean Trump hasn't been in power for nearly 9 months now, so NONE of Joes action's since he took over our response as President will determine how much longer this situation remains a "national calamity" moving forward? NONE OF HIS ACTIONS AT ALL? Because I mean the man that you have so much hatred for turned this situation into a national calamity and nothing that is ever done after that will have ANY BEARING on the trajectory and outcome of the response. For the rest of time it will be on DT, because he singled handedly turned it into a national calamity and nothing in our response afterwards has NO BEARING moving forward. Truly sad that you think this way. Truly sad. Rationality, you should try it sometime. :roll: :roll:

Joe

Who has poisoned MILLIONS of citizens attitudes about this calamity with his flat out numbnuttery? "Don't let that cruise line boat dock because 'my numbers will look bad!'" "It will go away when the weather warms up" The economy is WAY more important (again, "my numbers") than measures we take to stem the spread."

Who has RELENTLESSLY encouraged, cajoled and insisted that the country take steps to protect itself and its economy against the spread of this scourge.

ANY rational human being can see the night-and-day difference between the leadership shown by one man and the totally erroneous "leadership" of another. Tell us one blessed thing Trump did correctly here. Don't give is "Warp Speed" either...that whole program was forced on that moron by members of the government that were desperate to get a response, ANY competent, effective response going instead of the constant lying, obfuscation and blame-shifting this bum grifter was foisting on us all for four years.

Those that don't see the truth of this situation are simply tilting at windmills.

IS it a calamity or isn't it, Joe? Could trump have handled it in ANY different way than he did? What part of his response did you like? What more can Joe be doing at this time? You DO know that hundreds of thousands of Americans are resisting Joe's efforts at mitigating this situation because of one man, right? Can you acknowledge this or not?

So Trump is to blame FOREVER? He hasn't been in POWER for over 9 months. I'm not denying they are lunatics out there as a result of their devotion to Trump, but are you seriously claiming that this administration get's some sort of hall pas because of the prior president? If that's the case in your twisted mind, this current administration will be long gone before they get a chance to make their mark. Little less political hatred would serve you very will Dis.

Joe
Yes, Trump is to blame (responsible) forever, for what he did and did not do, as POTUS...and thereafter.

Others, including Biden , will be responsible for what they did and did not do.

Both can be true.
Absolutely, great point. What is also true is the fact that, Joe Biden will never, NOT EVEN ONCE be held responsible on this thread for any action he does or does not take. Acknowledge that, and then we are talking.

Joe
Well, you need to read with a little more open aperture...several folks, and not simply right wingers, have critiqued Biden and the Biden Admin...including me.
NO you effete liberal. You have to acknowledge what he, as a tough guy from not that tough LI, is demanding for you to talk with him!
See Martin, Malcolm
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:16 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:05 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:57 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:20 am Welcome to Joe's daily outrage!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Daily outrage? What the heck are you talking about. you FLP brethren don't realize how much of a joke this thread has become. Just a big circle jerk of how much you hate Trump. Isn't there another thread for that? Clueless, utterly clueless. This little thread is SO FAR from reality that you FLP brethren wouldn't even know reality if it shot you in the damn face. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe

This is expected from a guy who rarely has a point but does have an abnormally thin skin. It's one pf the reasons he leads the league here in vacations. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The joke is ON YOU, Joe. :oops: :oops:

At least, the WSU coaches took their punishments and, unlike the NHL jerk did not submit a fake vaccine card (but who only got a 21 game vacation without pay)
Kismet,

Just another clueless fool. Don't get your panties in a bunch, you might need them for later when you have lunch with AOC. :lol: :lol:

Another elitist, out of touch with reality moron with nothing better to do than tick and moan about how DJT hurt his feelings. Get a life loser, there's more to it than bitching about DJT all day every day. That's all you ever fu**king do. :oops: :oops:

Joe
Delusion becomes you Joe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Namecalling icing on your cake
Kismet,

I'm delusional? Guess so. Guess I'm also a MAGA mouth-breather. Also unvaccinated. I guess because FLP brethren say it, it must be true. I've come unhinged also. All true.

Joe
Yep.
Might also be time for you to start checking out vacation accommodations... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can we also assume you have no problem with DOPUS statement trashing Colin Powell the day after the general DIED?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:28 am

Joe

I'm actively TRYING to get Admin to give me a "break". I need it. Hard for me to do it on my own but I'm going to try. No more engaging on this cesspool of a thread. Sticking to Lacrosse-related topics. Total zoo in here. Is that opening up enough for Doc Geneva? :lol:

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:25 am
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:22 am The true cause of restrictions still being imposed anywhere is the lack of herd immunity. That is CAUSED principally by the lack of vaccinated individuals.

That is the point. Getting enough vaccinated makes the pandemic at least turn into an endemic disease.

You have RW media types like Tucker Carlson (who is vaccinated) pushing the "freedom of choice" of NOT getting vaccinated as a means of damaging the pandemic response to allow the RW to blame Biden and the current administration as far as I can tell...

That makes the effort difficult at best.
As far as you can tell? That's your take?

Joe
mmm, sure, mine too, do you have a different 'take' and if so, why?

Red's told you his and why, so go ahead an explain what you think will get the most people vaccinated, sooner rather than later, and how that should be done.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:30 am

Joe

This is expected from a guy who rarely has a point but does have an abnormally thin skin. It's one pf the reasons he leads the league here in vacations. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least, the WSU coaches took their punishments and, unlike the NHL jerk did not submit a fake vaccine card (but who only got a 21 game vacation without pay)
Kismet,

Just another clueless fool. Don't get your panties in a bunch, you might need them for later when you have lunch with AOC. :lol: :lol:

Another elitist, out of touch with reality moron with nothing better to do than tick and moan about how DJT hurt his feelings. Get a life loser, there's more to it than bitching about DJT all day every day. That's all you ever fu**king do. :oops: :oops:

Joe
Kismet,

I'm delusional? Guess so. Guess I'm also a MAGA mouth-breather. Also unvaccinated. I guess because FLP brethren say it, it must be true. I've come unhinged also. All true.

Joe
Yep.
Might also be time for you to start checking out vacation accommodations... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can we also assume you have no problem with DOPUS statement trashing Colin Powell the day after the general DIED?
Don't follow what DJT on a regular basis. Not the president anymore. You mean Powell, who had Multiple Myeloma and was severly immuno-compromised? And at a higher risk regardless of vaccination status? heck fool, keep it coming! I relish in it.

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:31 am

Joe

I'm actively TRYING to get Admin to give me a "break". I need it. Hard for me to do it on my own but I'm going to try. No more engaging on this cesspool of a thread. Sticking to Lacrosse-related topics. Total zoo in here. Is that opening up enough for Doc Geneva? :lol:

Joe
I don't think anyone on here really wants to see people, including you, to get put in the penalty box. Just want conversations to be reasonably civil.

That said, anger can be addictive. Tough to resist for us all.

It's a good idea to restrict yourself to the lax threads, for while...IMO, you're a very constructive and happier poster there!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:32 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:25 am
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:22 am The true cause of restrictions still being imposed anywhere is the lack of herd immunity. That is CAUSED principally by the lack of vaccinated individuals.

That is the point. Getting enough vaccinated makes the pandemic at least turn into an endemic disease.

You have RW media types like Tucker Carlson (who is vaccinated) pushing the "freedom of choice" of NOT getting vaccinated as a means of damaging the pandemic response to allow the RW to blame Biden and the current administration as far as I can tell...

That makes the effort difficult at best.
As far as you can tell? That's your take?

Joe
mmm, sure, mine too, do you have a different 'take' and if so, why?

Red's told you his and why, so go ahead an explain what you think will get the most people vaccinated, sooner rather than later, and how that should be done.
Challenge challenge challenge, never stand for anything. Same issue I have with some of the leftward folks here as well. It's sophomoric in the purest form of that definition. It's not the socratic method as it isn't cooperative, it's dime store heuristics by people with false and/or ill intention with respect to any actual dialogue going on.
See Martin, Malcolm
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:35 am

Joe

Kismet,

Joe
Kismet,

Joe
Yep.
Don't follow what DJT on a regular basis. Not the president anymore. You mean Powell, who had Multiple Myeloma and was severly immuno-compromised? And at a higher risk regardless of vaccination status? heck fool, keep it coming! I relish in it.

Joe
You are such a Timmie Tough Nuts. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:36 am

Joe

Joe
I don't think anyone on here really wants to see people, including you, to get put in the penalty box. Just want conversations to be reasonably civil.

It's a good idea to restrict yourself to the lax threads, for while...IMO, you're a very constructive and happier poster there!
Who cares about the penalty box if one thinks they are truly correct? It sucks but it's there for a reason if imperfect in application - to allow a legitimate dialogue. My weakness is that i'll get down in the mud with pigs rather than just whistle by the graveyard.
See Martin, Malcolm
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:35 am

Joe

Kismet,

Joe
Kismet,

Joe
Yep.

Joe
mmm, 'fool' ?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 41124.html

I don't think anyone here would disagree that Powell is a good, though perhaps extreme, example of how vaccines don't protect one 100% from infection.

But that's not the point of Trump's idiocy...which indeed belongs on another thread as it's not about the virus, per se.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Joe

Joe

MD,

This is Joe signing off from the Politics thread. See you guys in the Lax threads. I don't have what it takes to hang in here. You've won. :cry: :cry:

*I'm serious this time.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:41 am

Joe

Joe

MD,

This is Joe signing off from the Politics thread. See you guys in the Lax threads. I don't have what it takes to hang in here. You've won. :cry: :cry:

*I'm serious this time.

Joe
Come on Joe! I didn’t take you for a “snowflake”….You need to callous up like I have.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:57 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:49 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:42 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:33 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:05 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 pm https://twitter.com/sinow/status/145024 ... 14976?s=21

Bye Nick. Maybe Marin Catholic needs a volunteer.

Rolovich and all other unvaccinated Washington State assistants have been terminated for cause. Defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Jake Dickert is reportedly expected take over as interim head coach, per ESPN's Kyle Bonagura.
Shouldn't be a surprise, he was prepared to lose his job over this. Whether its right or wrong, this isn't a shock to Nick.

Joe
I wonder what his claim for a “religious exemption” was?
Who knows, who cares? As far as you guys on this thread are concerned, he lost his job right? The story is over after that. Why does it matter what his reasoning was? He's not getting the shot and it cost him his job. He knew this would be the outcome and was rightfully prepared for it to happen. How many coaches are there in CFB? This happened to one coach. Probably won't coach again at the college level again if not for a very long time. Why does it matter what his reasoning was? No matter what it is, it will be lambasted on this thread. This is a non-story moving forward. He lost his job, time to move on. What's going on with Kyrie? :lol:

Joe
It would matter positively (for him) if his religious claim actually had some reasonable basis yet was unfairly rejected.

However, if it was obviously BS, a lie, then the rejection and firing is even more justified.
And it would probably matter to a future hiring situation.
Understood, but how you do you even know he want's to coach again? Maybe he devotes the rest of his life to a religious cause. You have no clue what Nick Rolovich does next. This is not as newsworthy as you think. Get back to me when Kyrie Irving get's banned from the NBA for refusing vaccination. Now that would be a story.

Joe
On the coach, you're absolutely right, he could go be a welder for all I know, and care...you're the one who seems bothered by this story and getting exercised about it.

On Kyrie, the NBA doesn't have a rule, yet, requiring all players to be vaccinated, but playing in various cities' venues does require such. And he's being held to that standard.
Would’ve been interesting if they got the arena classified as an office.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:55 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:41 am

Joe

Joe

MD,

*I'm serious this time.

Joe
Come on Joe! I didn’t take you for a “snowflake”….You need to callous up like I have.
And you’ve callous’ed up without having seen Caligula which is quite the accomplishment.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:38 am Why didn’t Powell’s vaccine work?

Katelyn Jetelina
Oct 19

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substac ... tm_source=

Colin Powell passed away yesterday from COVID19. He joined 7,178 other fully vaccinated people that have succumbed to COVID19 in the Untied States. Why didn’t his vaccine work? There are two main reasons…

First, he was immunocompromised.

At 85 years old, Powell was fighting multiple myeloma—a rare type of blood cancer. In 2020, 32,270 people were diagnosed with multiple myeloma and the number of cases have steadily increased the past 15 years. It’s a very random cancer. We don’t know what causes it but certain groups are at higher risk: African Americans/Blacks; males; and older ages.

Multiple myeloma cancer attacks our plasma cells— cells that make our antibodies. This limits the body’s capability to fend off infections. There is no cure for multiple myeloma, but we have a few treatments that slow the progression of disease. Some patients get immunosuppressive treatments, which also weakens the immune system. So, a multiple myeloma patient’s immune system gets doubly wiped out: disease-induced and treatment-induced.

Because of this, multiple myeloma patients develop more frequent infections (7-fold increase in developing a bacterial infection and a 10-fold increase for developing viral infections) turning infection into its leading cause of death. The 5-year survival rate is 55.6%.

(Oncopeptides, Image source here)
Unfortunately, disease also reduces multiple myeloma patients’ capability to generate immunity from vaccination. We’ve seen diminished responses from vaccines like influenza and varicella.

We’ve also seen diminished response to the COVID19 vaccine. This means that even if a multiple myeloma patient gets a COVID19 vaccine they may not mount a full protective response. Below is figure that shows the results of 63 studies that assessed vaccine effectiveness across immunocompromised groups. The dark blue dots are blood cancer studies, which have significantly lower vaccine effectiveness compared to other cancers (and compared to healthy controls). For example, one study found that only half of patients with blood cancer generate sufficient immune protection.

(CDC; Source here)
This is why, on August 13, the CDC and FDA approved a third dose for a number of immunocompromised patients. The booster is not a silver bullet, but seems to help. Among groups that have no detectable antibody response to an initial vaccine series, 33-50% developed an antibody response to an additional dose. Powell did not get the booster.

Second, society has failed to protect the vulnerable.

Individualized approaches don’t work for infectious diseases. Infections are literally caused by interactions. The decisions we make (like not wearing a mask or not getting a vaccine) directly impact those around us. And not just those around at the time. SARS-CoV-2 can linger in the room for more than 16 hours. Infectious diseases violate the assumption of independence. This is not functionally true for other health problems, like diabetes or cancer.

We have to stop transmission until we can build our immunity wall. Masks reduce transmission. Vaccines reduce transmission. And we have the tool, in ample supply, to build a protective wall for our most vulnerable. We just have to do it.

Why is herd immunity so important? | American Academy of Pediatrics
Bottom Line: Unfortunately Colin Powell died because of a deadly combination of an incurable cancer, old age, weakened immune system, and exposure to a deadly virus. The vaccine couldn’t save Colin Powell, but we could have. His death is a reminder of how serious this pandemic is and that we need to everything in our power to protect the 5.5 million immunocompromised around us.

Love, YLE
Thought I overheard in background this am that there’s a new variant that he caught. Dammit if true.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:55 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:40 am
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:17 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 pm What is "imbecillic' is your refusal to rule out any chance of lab-leak, especially with how China has refused to cooperate fully to uncover the true origin of the virus. And the fact that the WHO continues to investigate China's role should put to rest any idea that the lab-leak hypothesis does not continue to be taken seriously.
I have to ask: what difference does it make where it came from? I'm at a loss as to why this is a big deal one way or another. \

It came from a Chinese lab: now what?

It came from a bat: now what?

I don't get it....
Sure you do. It’s a much better political trope for a certain segment of a major political party if we could return to the days of calling it the Kung flu. Then their hero can return with a big “I told you so” and all his sycophants can cheer and erect a new gallows… this time for Fauci because everyone knows it was his (not the agency’s, his personal) funding of the lab.
Incomprehensible. Millions dead and your position is who cares where it came from? "now what?"

How about... if we understand how this happened, right down to what occurred on a molecular level, this can be avoided in the future. You actually don't understand this? Unfortunately (so far) without China's cooperation we can't be certain. With total transparency it can be shown that the pandemic was caused by human manipulation in the lab or not. If so, GOF or any similar research can then be banned worldwide and the next worse pandemic may not occur.

There are very smart scientists around the world who can find a new, safer way to do this research. Perhaps through some sort of computer simulation or other, who knows? We do know that fallible humans tinkering with deadly viruses is a disaster waiting to happen.

a fan emotionally posts about the threat to his family members and business (understandably so, who wouldn't) but then asks such illogical questions? Based on that, I'm the one "at a loss."

And to further politicize this, is just dumb. "political trope" :roll:

Why is the WHO continuing to investigate the virus origin?... because Republicans insist they do? :lol:
Call others gullible but think bad actors will stop this specific type of gain of function research?
See Martin, Malcolm
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The real story about COVID mandates and the airline industry. Trumpnista morons, look to spin the situation into a victory. :lol: :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’ve been looking at syndicated (leveraged) loans to American Airlines (and NCL Corp-Norwegian Cruise Lines) this am and thinking about future passenger levels a good bit.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “POLITICS”