NFL

General Chatter
dislaxxic

NFL

Post by dislaxxic »

Super Bowl Champs escape an ugly opening game full of yellow hankies and notch a win 18-12.

Remarkably similar to their improbable win over the same Atlanta Falcons they barely beat in last year's playoffs.

GO BIRDS!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Brooklyn

Re: NFL

Post by Brooklyn »

You just cannot win in the NFL without a dominant OL. Jints have their work cut out for them:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/09/giants-ne ... irst-test/

QB Eli Manning ~ 217th game!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

and flowers gets two flags in the first three plays. ouch!

hopefully they rebound but the sched is tough this year.

dis those iggles look good!
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Can a Bucs and/or Saints fan explain to me this 48-40 score!?! Winston did not play, correct? What the heck is up WIT DAT???

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Saints got torched by a backup from Harvard. Fitzgerald 21/28 417yds, 4td passing, 1td rushing. Good move by Bills to let him go and eventually give the steering wheel to Mr Peterman 5/18, 24yds, 2int.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Last time the JETS went with a USC QB, he got them to 2 AFC Championship games. Then...yikes.Last seen on the Iggles roster.....I think. Eager to see how Darnold does against the Lions.Same old same old or a new dawn on a new day?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Jaguars > Jints 20-15

Great to have Odell Beckham again as WR. RB Saquon Barkley is as good as promised in the pre-season lead up. Eli Manning played in his 217 game which, I believe, is a new team record. But the problem is with the OL as it is not up to the team's usual high standards: they gave up too many rushed passes by Eli which stifled their drives. Same with DL as it did not stop Jag's QB Bortles. Lastly, I thought the Jints special teams did not gain adequate amounts of yardage which could have lead to scoring/winning drives.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wahoomurf wrote:Last time the JETS went with a USC QB, he got them to 2 AFC Championship games. Then...yikes.Last seen on the Iggles roster.....I think. Eager to see how Darnold does against the Lions.Same old same old or a new dawn on a new day?
"Sanchise"
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

dislaxxic wrote:Can a Bucs and/or Saints fan explain to me this 48-40 score!?! Winston did not play, correct? What the heck is up WIT DAT???

It's all about "FitzMagic!"
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
wahoomurf wrote:Last time the JETS went with a USC QB, he got them to 2 AFC Championship games. Then...yikes.Last seen on the Iggles roster.....I think. Eager to see how Darnold does against the Lions.Same old same old or a new dawn on a new day?
"Sanchise"
Clever. The franchise was indeed Sanchised. Yesterday Fitz throws 4 TD passes and RUNS!!! for another. He was not good enough to play for Boles/Mccagnan. Not to worry. The Jets just picked up Webb, the guy that was going to replace ELI. He was discarded by the BROBS and is now on the Jets taxi squad.

Where are Richard Todd and Browning Nagle, now that we may need them?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

No table slamming or excessive alcohol consumption! Crappy football team! Hard times in Buffalo!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2467 ... al-charges

Bring back the Jills!!!

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

That's one thing I like about the Packers - they get local college cheerleaders to do the game, you've got bands and other local events for halftime and festivities.

The whole thing feels like a college game. They do benefit from grandfathered in seat sizes, so the stadium feels a lot more intimate (which helps during the cold).

It would be a wonderful experiment to see another NFL team in a small to mid sized city, but I doubt we'll see that ever happen.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

holmes435 wrote:That's one thing I like about the Packers - they get local college cheerleaders to do the game, you've got bands and other local events for halftime and festivities.

The whole thing feels like a college game.

bobby sox Packer cheerleaders:

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Can FitzMagic prevail against the current NFL Champion Iggles this Sunday? We'll see...who woulda thunk he could shred the vaunted Saints "D" that way??

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

I guess FitzMagic is for real, at least these first two weeks!? :(

Anybody see his get-up at the postgame presser? wow.

What happens when Jameis is set to come back from his suspension??

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

NFL Pro Bowler Vontae Davis Quits Mid-Game: ‘I Shouldn’t Be Out There Anymore’

MID GAME!?!?

"The Buffalo Bills cornerback reportedly changed into his street clothes and left the stadium while the game was still under way."

Don't see THAT every day... :?

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/201 ... wboys.html

Giants 16
Dallas 20

QB Eli has the mobility of an aged turtle and was clobbered by Dallas DL for six sacks. Jints weak OL didn't help much as RB Barkley only managed to rush for 28 y though he caught a few passes for short yardage plays.

When a team has a weak OL, it needs a strong blocking FB like a Maurice Carthon to stop blitzing DBs. But management has failed to shore up that part of the offense.

I thought Jints defense was adequate though not as dominating as they were in the old days of the Super Bowl teams.

An 0-2 start. Hopefully, management will do something to fill in much needed spots and improve the team for a possible winning record.

thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

dislaxxic wrote:I guess FitzMagic is for real, at least these first two weeks!? :(

Anybody see his get-up at the postgame presser? wow.

What happens when Jameis is set to come back from his suspension??

Pretty funny story about his outfit:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryan ... ly-source/
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Proving the poop doesn’t fall far from the butt, Dallas Cowboys COO/Executive VP/Director of player personnel and presumably Executive VP of Tiolet Paper, Stephen Jones actually, for real, said this of Super Bowl Champ and HOF QB Troy Aikman who had the audacity to criticize the Blue Star...

"I just think at the end of the day everybody can play armchair quarterback and point fingers after the fact.”
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

:lol:

Wow that kind of changes the whole meaning of the phrase. If Troy is just an "Armchair QB," what does that make everyone else?!

:shock:

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”