Help Us Build FanLax

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Help Us Build FanLax

Post by admin »

The short answer is, Yes. for sure we can improve the SEO. just made the D1/DI, DII/D2, etc. changes. (Thanks) did this stuff in a previous life so i know how to and... i need to, and will, find the time to do a more thorough SEO effort.
jcweb80

Post by jcweb80 »

A recruit database like on old laxpower is essential.
fastgame1

Post by fastgame1 »

Just an FYI, looks like this site has been invaded by some advertiser/spam using the following name:

by Shaylaapell

Their placing same post under D1, D2 etc.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Does anyone know of a service I could retain to help me bypass Captchas?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Deleted Shayla and all his posts. The spammers are slippery.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

UPDATE: The plan for FanLax is for the people of FanLax (and the lacrosse world) to manage the Pages and Forums of FanLax. We want the most passionate fans managing the conferences and teams they're most passionate about. Basically, people will do what they've been doing for the past umpteen years except instead of just, for example, posting the High Point score within the High Point Forum, the High Point Page Manager will also post it on the High Point Page. The Page Manager can simply update the game scores or they can be more detailed. e.g. SU's pages. And, of course, even if Shlermie is managing the High Point Page, a different fan can still contribute to this page. We just want there to be a point person who is responsible for each conference/team page. Click around the D1 Men Pages and... Who wants what? Fill out this form and let us know. Prematurely, thank you.

NEXT: HS Boys (or NJCAA Men) will be next followed by.... the other college programs as well as HS Girls. Even though these pages are very much under construction, feel free to browse the pages. We'll continue to harass you as we make progress.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Someone sent me a PM and i replied and.... I want to post my reply. i think it'll help people understand what we're looking for.
X: You're a good example of what we're looking for. We don't need experts and we certainly don't need people to put on their helmets and win groundballs. We need people who are passionate about the game, follow the game. or at least a sub-section of the game. e.g. Pennsylvania HS Girls Lacrosse. Truth be told, my teenage son can manage the Patriot League or whatever Pages. He basically needs to plug in the scores on Saturday. But this is the minimum. What we'd prefer is someone who follows the Patriot League and, as a consequence, has good taste with relation to what information should be on the Page(s) and what the Page(s) should look like. No one on FanLax is "an expert". The FanLax experts are the people who listen to the numerous, so to speak, expert perspectives and opinions, who are knowledgeable as a result as having discussions with other knowledgeable people. And, coming full circle, that's what we're looking for. People who are relatively knowledgeable about sime sub-ssection of the Lacrosse world. So, with that said, I think you're a good fit. You interested in helping? I'll make the job easy for you. And then you can make it as hard or as easy as you'd like with how you want to populate the page. The X Page could be a really good Page to shepherd.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

admin wrote:Someone sent me a PM and i replied and.... I want to post my reply. i think it'll help people understand what we're looking for.
X: You're a good example of what we're looking for. We don't need experts and we certainly don't need people to put on their helmets and win groundballs. We need people who are passionate about the game, follow the game. or at least a sub-section of the game. e.g. Pennsylvania HS Girls Lacrosse. Truth be told, my teenage son can manage the Patriot League or whatever Pages. He basically needs to plug in the scores on Saturday. But this is the minimum. What we'd prefer is someone who follows the Patriot League and, as a consequence, has good taste with relation to what information should be on the Page(s) and what the Page(s) should look like. No one on FanLax is "an expert". The FanLax experts are the people who listen to the numerous, so to speak, expert perspectives and opinions, who are knowledgeable as a result as having discussions with other knowledgeable people. And, coming full circle, that's what we're looking for. People who are relatively knowledgeable about sime sub-ssection of the Lacrosse world. So, with that said, I think you're a good fit. You interested in helping? I'll make the job easy for you. And then you can make it as hard or as easy as you'd like with how you want to populate the page. The X Page could be a really good Page to shepherd.
a minor comment that i hope is constructive feedback-

i feel like we've gone too deep into forums and subforums and then threads being separated. instead of having to go into general chatter, id rather just have those threads mixed in with the old-styled WC threads. but that's just me. i think it's easier to read that way.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm not following. This was a Post about finding D1 Men fans to cover different sections of the D1 Men Web pages. It was posted within the D1 Forum. This makes sense to me.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

admin wrote:I'm not following. This was a Post about finding D1 Men fans to cover different sections of the D1 Men Web pages. It was posted within the D1 Forum. This makes sense to me.
it was a response to the original post- http://lummys.com/fanlax/phpbb3/viewtop ... =361#p1012
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

THANK YOU GUYS! This is great! Looking forward to making a contribution.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Chairman: Got it. How general would you prefer for the WC?

LarryGam: Be careful what you say.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

admin wrote:Chairman: Got it. How general would you prefer for the WC?

i guess the point was- anything that's not lacrosse related (music, policy, other), should go into one forum. coaching, recruits, game threads, all that can go into the lax threads.

its just the way i like it. id like to hear other's views though. thanks for listening!
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

The best thing you could do to improve upon Laxpower would be to require posters to use their real names when posting. This might eliminate many of the Laxpower trolls and make people behave better when posting. Allowing people to hide behind fake screen names gives posters license to act like jerks.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I'm assuming your family name is 1 and your mother named you Anonymous.

Just kidding. Agreed. The anonymity of social media has downfalls. But it's the nature of the beast. With this said, if you feel like someone, anonymous or otherwise, has done something that warrants a yellow flag, please report it.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ChairmanOfTheBoard

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote:
admin wrote:Chairman: Got it. How general would you prefer for the WC?

i guess the point was- anything that's not lacrosse related (music, policy, other), should go into one forum. coaching, recruits, game threads, all that can go into the lax threads.

its just the way i like it. id like to hear other's views though. thanks for listening!
by the way i noticed some formatting changes and wanted to say thanks- i think it's easier to read.
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Matnum PI, LOL. I chose my screen name intentionally due to my issue with trolls who hide behind screen names. Early on, I already see the sames ones from Laxpower posting here with the same or similar screen names as before, so I won't be spending much time here. Making people use their real names would put a stop to it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have to use your real name and to prove it truly is your real name, your avatar needs to be a picture of you holding your passport or driver's license next to your face. Maybe...
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

I was thinking you should include a thumb print and an iris scan and, in some cases, a breathalyzer result.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've been putting a decent amount of time into creating an archive of the college and high school team schedules as well as team rankings for 2019 but... I might have table those to work on this. It's all about fulfilling the consumer's needs.

Obviously i'm/we're joking but there might be a place for what you're describing. Keeping in mind, the lacrosse world is a small world. i.e. I have zero interest in people within my Facebook "Fans of Taylor Swift" Forum to know my name and what i look like. but with this forum, it wouldn't bother me at all. i've never (I don't think) met people from my other forums. I've met numerous from here. Granted, I'm in a Fantasy League but I've met people outside of the league as well. "You going to the MIAA Semifinals?" meet-ups. I'm not 100% sure how it'd work, i want to think about this, but it might be something. not for everyone. but for people who're interested in more candor and transparency within our pages.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”