Help Us Build FanLax

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: Help Us Build FanLax

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

DMac wrote:
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote:
admin wrote:Active's app money grab before shutting off the lights were the last events. But these events were not what caused the demise of LP. LP was dying a slow death for many years. In terms of HS Boys Schedules, HS Girl's Schedules, College Schedules including D1, D2, D3, NJCAA, NAIA, etc. as well as the corresponding Forum numbers, the decline in team participation as well as forumites started over a decade ago and the numbers are not subtle. The app money grab was Active's last ditch effort to recoup some of their investment.
Admin,

I’ll take up the conversation with you by PM since I now have the absolute lowest form of ankle-biter nipping at me whenever I post.
What's the deal with that? Am pretty sure you're the one who wanted PMs to be put up for public reading. I've got that right, right? Put everyone's undies out on the line, dirty ones and all.

There are lower forms than ankle biters, but you knew that.

Some people can’t handle some discussions, obviously.
Yes, obviously.

Blown away by DMac. God’s apparent gift to FL. Bringing up Bob.
I the gift? I'm not the savior who is going to take FL from the oppressive environment, run by a bunch of folks who can dish it out but can't take it, that was LP. Pretty sure you're the one who is going to do that.

I'm okay with bringing Bob up, really don't think he'd mind at all.

Can you put him on a LONG timeout for a little introspection?
This is confusing. Completely contradictory to what you espouse...having been treated so harshly, and unfairly, and all.
I have done nothing to deserve the crap thrown at me by him over the past several months.
Figure there are some folks at LP who feel the same?
W
Probably be better if these kind of pizzin contests were restricted to PMs, eh?
You wouldn't see this going on at LP, which seems pretty reasonable and sensible to me.
Guess that feels oppressive and unfair to others though.
I'm all done with this now, feel free to tell everyone what a poorly run place LP was, and what a bunch of jerk-s ran the place, with no interference from me.
There are so many misrepresentations in what DMac posted here (that pure crap in Red font), I’ve started to believe he’s lending out his account and password to Bald-o.

It’s clear that if you are fed a line of BS for over a year, like DMac was, without ever hearing the other side of the story, someone like DMac can become nothing but a water carrying buttboy for the Puritanical Bald-O in abstentia.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Legend: Administrators, Global moderators

STATISTICS
Total posts 1250957 • Total topics 41055 • Total members 52048 • Our newest member somedaylooking
Laxpower stats from 2015.
We’re catching up 8-)
Last edited by 10stone5 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LaxPower. :) Looked at that yesterday. We'll get there. Keep in mind, those numbers are cumulative over 2 decades. Including years were LaxPower had a lacrosse media monopoly. If you look at the recent LaxPower numbers for January/February, the numbers are substantially more encouraging for FanLax. Bottomline, we'll get there. And not because numbers are everything. But because, in general, bigger parties are better than smaller parties. In general.
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

Glad to see Fan lax move over to its own domain.....cuts down on confusion....will take some time to rebuild SEO but worth it in the long run...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Agreed. And I think we're OK with SEO. We've created 301 redirects and direct links from Lummys.com/FanLax (and KnowIdea.org/FanLax), alerted Google to these 301s, sent them a new sitemap, etc. Ten years ago, I'd be concerned. Today, Google is smarter. With this said, LaxDad, as you're speaking to, we're substantially more focused on the long-term than February 1st.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

admin wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:35 am LaxPower. :) Looked at that yesterday. We'll get there. Keep in mind, those numbers are cumulative over 2 decades. Including years were LaxPower had a lacrosse media monopoly. If you look at the recent LaxPower numbers for January/February, the numbers are substantially more encouraging for FanLax. Bottomline, we'll get there. And not because numbers are everything. But because, in general, bigger parties are better than smaller parties. In general.
Yup we’ll get there 8-)
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

admin wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:35 am LaxPower. :)

Including years were LaxPower had a lacrosse media monopoly.
Yup.
That’s why I went to wayback for 2015.
Assuming that’s the approx. peak.
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

admin wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:53 am Agreed. And I think we're OK with SEO. We've created 301 redirects and direct links from Lummys.com/FanLax (and KnowIdea.org/FanLax), alerted Google to these 301s, sent them a new sitemap, etc. Ten years ago, I'd be concerned. Today, Google is smarter. With this said, LaxDad, as you're speaking to, we're substantially more focused on the long-term than February 1st.
Good deal....I was really worried when the lights went out at LaxPower that the days of rankings and forums not run by the big(er) media companies was gone. This place is starting to feel like home. Cant wait to see how the ranking pages look after some games. Hopefully the big influx of fans looking for a new home happens as the season gets started.

Bravo on the continued updates.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

fanlax is missing some big number posters,
lax fideles, rip
thatsmell seems to have disappeared (Loyola fan)
sore+old, does not seem to have come over from laxpower (Stony Brook and Rutgers fan)
These posters are missed.
In particular, thatsmell and sore+old tended to carry the ball for their teams. At the moment: Rutgers 20 posts, Loyola 14 posts, Stony Brook 1 post. Hard to replace.
Live Free or Die!
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

OldHopper in his previous incarnation (JHU6569?) was a prolific poster.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cooter, you're 100% right. With this said, it's early in the season and... These people know. Maybe they'll show up later or intermittently or otherwise. and if they do or don't, people will still come. including strange fans like you and me.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

What is "LaxNumbers"? J
just got an email from them.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:06 pm What is "LaxNumbers"? J
Appears to be the next evolution of laxbytes.com, with added forum...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:23 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:06 pm What is "LaxNumbers"? J
Appears to be the next evolution of laxbytes.com, with added forum...
Thanks; as I'm not an insider to who is who, what do folks think about this group?
I'm pretty darn pleased with the dynamic on the FanLax forum and appreciate its founders's scrambling to make it possible.

The LaXNumbers group are purporting to be the successor to LP and appear to have at least acquired our email addresses.

Dear Lacrosse Fan,

As we strive to 'carry on the tradition' the lacrosse community expected from Laxpower, Laxnumbers is excited to announce the Laxpower forum the lacrosse community loved so dearly is back up and running on Laxnumbers! Boys & Girls HS as well as Mens & Womens College discussion topics are available. We look forward to fun debates and friendly discussions among fellow lacrosse enthusiasts! Below are a few links to
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:22 pm..Thanks; as I'm not an insider to who is who, what do folks think about this group?
I'm pretty darn pleased with the dynamic on the FanLax forum and appreciate its founders's scrambling to make it possible. The LaXNumbers group are purporting to be the successor to LP and appear to have at least acquired our email addresses...
First, MD, thank you. Your kind words are appreciated. We received the e-mails, too. Maybe it's folk who bought the e-mails (which I doubt). Maybe former LPers are feeling sellers remorse. Who knows?

Red, I agree. LaxNumbers is the successor to LaxBytes.

MD, this isn't your question but... We felt like LP was a museum which was owned by a group but the art within the museum was owned by the lax fans who contributed posts, game scores, links, charts... or even just visited the site. So much art created over so many years. We were, and are, grateful that we had a place to showcase our metaphorical art, but when LP was sold and then shut down... I dunno. As you spoke to, we did, and continue to, scramble to create and recreate the metaphorical art that is and was in the museum. And we take comfort in knowing that FanLax will not go the way of LP, will not be sold, will not be shutdown. FanLax is not about money any more than the Metropolitan Museum of Art is. We have no ads. We don't accept contributions. And we don't plan to. We need minimal money to keep the website operational and... We've got that. People will do whatever they want to do and they'll have a spectrum of agendas and, just know, FanLax (and your posts and whatever else) will be here.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

admin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:22 pm..Thanks; as I'm not an insider to who is who, what do folks think about this group?
I'm pretty darn pleased with the dynamic on the FanLax forum and appreciate its founders's scrambling to make it possible. The LaXNumbers group are purporting to be the successor to LP and appear to have at least acquired our email addresses...
First, MD, thank you. Your kind words are appreciated. We received the e-mails, too. Maybe it's folk who bought the e-mails (which I doubt). Maybe former LPers are feeling sellers remorse. Who knows?

Red, I agree. LaxNumbers is the successor to LaxBytes.

MD, this isn't your question but... We felt like LP was a museum which was owned by a group but the art within the museum was owned by the lax fans who contributed posts, game scores, links, charts... or even just visited the site. So much art created over so many years. We were, and are, grateful that we had a place to showcase our metaphorical art, but when LP was sold and then shut down... I dunno. As you spoke to, we did, and continue to, scramble to create and recreate the metaphorical art that is and was in the museum. And we take comfort in knowing that FanLax will not go the way of LP, will not be sold, will not be shutdown. FanLax is not about money any more than the Metropolitan Museum of Art is. We have no ads. We don't accept contributions. And we don't plan to. We need minimal money to keep the website operational and... We've got that. People will do whatever they want to do and they'll have a spectrum of agendas and, just know, FanLax (and your posts and whatever else) will be here.
Thanks,
Keep it up! :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tweeeeeet! Number Wombat, same as last time, Unsportsmanlike Conduct. 1 Minute (2 Day) Unreleasable Penalty. The penalty will be released on Saturday night at 9 PM EST.

(PS Tried editing the post but... There was so much to edit it made more sense to delete it.)

Tweeeeet! Play on!
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

The "LaxPower Back-Up Stick" continues to grow. Keep spreading the word!

STATISTICS
Total posts 52989 • Total topics 905 • Total members 1618
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:18 pm The "LaxPower Back-Up Stick" continues to grow. Keep spreading the word!

STATISTICS
And far less moderating! A perfect balance.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:18 pmSTATISTICS
And this is with purely organic growth. For next season, we'll be more proactive. (For the good or otherwise, this season was a get-the-lay-of-the-land season.) Not because more is better. But because we can do a better job of being of service to the lacrosse community and the lacrosse community is bigger than 1,618 people, 52,989 posts, etc. Anyway, when we've, so to speak, closed out the 2019 season, discussing 2020 and how we can better serve the lacrosse community will be a more than worthy discussion.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”