Feedback 2021

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
Matnum PI

Re: Feedback 2021

Post by Matnum PI »

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:41 pmYes sir, that really is one huge load of stench. Who has members (as in plural) on their foe list?
I don't see the issue. Some people(s) is/are toxic. So you create distance from them. What's wrong with that?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nothing at all, particularly if you're the toxic one and don't want to deal with the controversy you create. Utopia is a wonderful place where everyone agrees and everyone lives in perfect harmony. You wanna come on as the tough talking sports reporter you should be willing to deal with the pushback you're going to get (and looking for). I couldn't care less if I'm on this guy's foe list (which is BS because most people are going to check in and see what their foe had to say anyway and see what they said when someone quotes their post). So when you hear from plenty of long time posters that your style isn't much appreciated you just put those people on your foe list and ignore it all. It's not wrong but I've never put anyone on my foe list, I'd much rather tell them what an a-hole I think they are than ignore them.
C'est la vie, mon ami.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:13 am I don't see the issue. Some people(s) is/are toxic. So you create distance from them. What's wrong with that?
OuttaNowhereWregget

This poll (which I have already voted on and submitted multiple times now to try to get rid of) continues to show up regardless of what page in the topic I visit. Is that intended or a bug?

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Do we have to receive notifications if we were to block a person? Is there a way to disable that or is this built like Facebook?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:17 am Do we have to receive notifications if we were to block a person? Is there a way to disable that or is this built like Facebook?
If you block someone on this forum all their posts will show up as a blurb that that person is on your ignore list. You have the option of viewing any post you choose to.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:17 am Do we have to receive notifications if we were to block a person? Is there a way to disable that or is this built like Facebook?
If you block someone on this forum all their posts will show up as a blurb that that person is on your ignore list. You have the option of viewing any post you choose to.
It’s the notifications of a reply up top of screen (user interface) I’m wondering about but appreciate your reply.
See Martin, Malcolm
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:02 pm
It’s the notifications of a reply up top of screen (user interface) I’m wondering about but appreciate your reply.
You make a good point. There is only one person on this forum i have blocked. i never received any notice other than any post on any thread is blocked unless i choose to read it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:12 pm
You make a good point. There is only one person on this forum i have blocked. i never received any notice other than any post on any thread is blocked unless i choose to read it.
I have two and one is apparently chasing me down because I continue to
Stupidly respond to him but it’s partly because I see the notifications up too which if I’m blocking said person I don’t need to be notified they responded (unless it’s to generate higher volume of activity-Matnum?)
See Martin, Malcolm
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:14 pm
Stupidly respond to him but it’s partly because I see the notifications up too which if I’m blocking said person I don’t need to be notified they responded (unless it’s to generate higher volume of activity-Matnum?)
It is a matter of becoming diligent in ignoring people. I don't know how or why somebody would want to chase you down. Somebody like that would scare me. It only worries me if they start sending me PMs. Stupid question, have you made it clear to these people they are on your ignore list?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:22 pm
It is a matter of becoming diligent in ignoring people. I don't know how or why somebody would want to chase you down. Somebody like that would scare me. It only worries me if they start sending me PMs. Stupid question, have you made it clear to these people they are on your ignore list?
No I just respond to the notifications because I see it on my phone which is how I post here 85-90% of time. Gets tiring.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s not you
See Martin, Malcolm
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:45 pm
It’s not you
Thank you, I know we have had some huge disagreements and i have busted your balls way too much. I read enough of your posts to know that you know your chit about what you speak. That does not happen by accident, it happens because you know your craft and work hard at it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:04 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:45 pm
It’s not you
Thank you, I know we have had some huge disagreements and i have busted your balls way too much. I read enough of your posts to know that you know your chit about what you speak. That does not happen by accident, it happens because you know your craft and work hard at it.
I don’t like blocking but when I have people following me around threads and insist on communicating in forked tongue despite please otherwise and demanding always that I discuss the topics they want and never mine and continue to obfuscate then I’m good.
See Martin, Malcolm
OuttaNowhereWregget

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:12 pm You make a good point. There is only one person on this forum i have blocked. i never received any notice other than any post on any thread is blocked unless i choose to read it.
That's because they haven't "quote/tagged" you. If they had you would receive the red circle above.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:14 pm I have two and one is apparently chasing me down because I continue to
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:22 pm It is a matter of becoming diligent in ignoring people. I don't know how or why somebody would want to chase you down. Somebody like that would scare me. It only worries me if they start sending me PMs. Stupid question, have you made it clear to these people they are on your ignore list?
Good advice, cas. That is key--"diligent in ignoring people". It takes work because we all have that curiosity killed the cat factor to deal with. But I've learned it's a much more pleasant experience on these boards to not have to read the words of those who only want to belittle and demean. Words are powerful--nasty words all the moreso. Don't give them that place in your mind by reading their comments. My advice is to look at who the notifications are from. If from the blocked party, just use the "mark as read" feature. You'll get used to it after a while. And once they realize you aren't responding to them anymore, they'll find something else to do.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:07 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:12 pm You make a good point. There is only one person on this forum i have blocked. i never received any notice other than any post on any thread is blocked unless i choose to read it.
That's because they haven't "quote/tagged" you. If they had you would receive the red circle above.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:14 pm I have two and one is apparently chasing me down because I continue to
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:22 pm It is a matter of becoming diligent in ignoring people. I don't know how or why somebody would want to chase you down. Somebody like that would scare me. It only worries me if they start sending me PMs. Stupid question, have you made it clear to these people they are on your ignore list?
Good advice, cas. That is key--"diligent in ignoring people". It takes work because we all have that curiosity killed the cat factor to deal with. But I've learned it's a much more pleasant experience on these boards to not have to read the words of those who only want to belittle and demean. Words are powerful--nasty words all the moreso. Don't give them that place in your mind by reading their comments. My advice is to look at who the notifications are from. If from the blocked party, just use the "mark as read" feature. You'll get used to it after a while. And once they realize you aren't responding to them anymore, they'll find something else to do.
Words like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d2BMsHppIKM

I agree it’s discipline which is hit or miss for me these days, previously much more strident in ways like this. Have been thinking about some of the ways Silicon Valley’s backed, not just social media, platforms manipulate volume of activity (Robin Hood as much as Facebook)
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”