What is the outbox?

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
JimBeam

What is the outbox?

Post by JimBeam »

I sent a PM, which is now in the 'outbox.'

What is this 'Outbox?' I've never sent a PM that didn't automatically register as sent.

Will it be in the 'outbox,' until the recipient opens it?

Or is it stuck in some sort of PM, limbo / Hell ?

:|
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: What is the outbox?

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

You are correct, it stays in the outbox until read by the recipient.

It’s a bit different from a cat litter box, depending on who sent the message to you.

In some cases, your inbox can smell far worse than a cat litter box if you have morons sending you their solid sulfurous waste.

W
JimBeam

Post by JimBeam »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:07 pm You are correct, it stays in the outbox until read by the recipient.

It’s a bit different from a cat litter box, depending on who sent the message to you.

In some cases, your inbox can smell far worse than a cat litter box if you have morons sending you their solid sulfurous waste.

W
It's starting to smell in my outbox... but only because it hasn't seen any air in a few days. I may have to go to Plan B, and post that he has a PM....
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

JimBeam wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:02 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:07 pm You are correct, it stays in the outbox until read by the recipient.

W
It's starting to smell in my outbox... but only because it hasn't seen any air in a few days. I may have to go to Plan B, and post that he has a PM....
Yeah, that’s a bit like reverting to the Pony Express, but sometimes you have to.

That reminds me of how I almost flipped an SUV at high speed on the Pony Express route years ago. I had one hell of a time regaining control.
JimBeam

Post by JimBeam »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Yeah, that’s a bit like reverting to the Pony Express, but sometimes you have to.

That reminds me of how I almost flipped an SUV at high speed on the Pony Express route years ago. I had one hell of a time regaining control.
If you wanna kill time while I wait for my outbox to ferment... I could start telling you about all the times I should have been killed at the wheel.

The Pony Express route doesn't really sound suited for high speed SUV traffic?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

JimBeam wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:23 pm

If you wanna kill time while I wait for my outbox to ferment... I could start telling you about all the times I should have been killed at the wheel.

No, it’s not, and I did four simultaneous stupid things.
1) Driving back country on BLM lands at sunset. Last one out of that part of the desert.
2) Had not told anyone where I was, and was out of cell phone range too. I would not have been noticed missing for at least 16 hours, and maybe not have been found flipped for about the same amount of time,
3) Was driving 75+ mph on a gravel road that was mostly straight.
4) Then enter the insane bunny that decided to run across the road.

About five violent fishtails later, I had managed not to flip, but I had a nonzero leftward lateral momentum that carried me from one side of the road, off the left side, down a berm, and then into a ditch which when I hit, I was most concerned that would flip me over. But it didn’t it actually stopped all the sideways motion and any remaining fishtails, so I pulled back up onto the road surface, looked back in the fading twilight at the absolutely amazing arcs that I had put into the gravel, saw no dead bunny, took a few deep breaths, and announced to all varmints that I am no longer braking nor swerving for anything.
JimBeam

Post by JimBeam »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:54 pm

1) Driving back country on BLM lands at sunset. Last one out of that part of the desert.
2) Had not told anyone where I was, and was out of cell phone range too. I would not have been noticed missing for at least 16 hours, and maybe not have been found flipped for about the same amount of time,

About five violent fishtails later, I had managed not to flip, but I had a nonzero leftward lateral momentum that carried me from one side of the road, off the left side, down a berm, and then into a ditch which when I hit, I was most concerned that would flip me over. But it didn’t it actually stopped all the sideways motion and any remaining fishtails, so I pulled back up onto the road surface, looked back in the fading twilight at the absolutely amazing arcs that I had put into the gravel, saw no dead bunny, took a few deep breaths, and announced to all varmints that I am no longer braking nor swerving for anything.
You win.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

JimBeam wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:44 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:54 pm

You win.
I win at being the most stupid?

I could agree with that.
JimBeam

Post by JimBeam »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:21 pm
I win at being the most stupid?

I could agree with that.

I dunno. We're both still alive. So, it might be a draw at this point.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”