What are the NEW hotbeds?

HS Boys Lacrosse
GaitsRightHand

What are the NEW hotbeds?

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Was talking with a buddy of mine in the D1 college ranks and he says that he "loves the nontraditional hotbed kids because they come in with a 'chip' on their shoulder... but says he still recruits hotbed area kids as well."

Left me thinking about all the "non-traditional" hot bed area kids that are killing it at the D1 level. IE- Handley, Dordevic, Slusher and R. Scott are all top tier D1 talents from the state of Oregon.

What are some other non-traditional hot beds that come to mind when you think of areas that are becoming more of a "traditonal" hot bed? And feel free to list off some impact players from that area...

Please do not say "LI/NY, NE, MD, PA, etc.," We all know the knowns :mrgreen:
HooDat

Re: What are the NEW hotbeds?

Post by HooDat »

Texas in general and Dallas in particular has become a regular producer of top talent.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

There’s a 4th/5th grader on a team in Atlanta who’s HOT!
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

GA, TX and NC are very strong right now.
Lots of football kids migrating to lacrosse.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:00 am GA, TX and NC are very strong right now.
Unfortunately, some football coaches who's teams have spring football are forcing players to choose between the 2.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Most of these football kids are great athletes.
They see the highly competitive nature of Football and the smaller pond of lax is appealing.
And you have a few college programs who dipped into the GA TX market early, and who have alumni coaching in these areas so they are really dominating the recruiting.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

oldbartman wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:15 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:00 am GA, TX and NC are very strong right now.
Unfortunately, some football coaches who's teams have spring football are forcing players to choose between the 2.
I was wondering about this, do kids have to choose between the two in the South? In the northeast lacrosse first athletes can have nice high school football careers because football isn't year round. Lifting/staying in shape plus attending summer captain's practices keeps you in the good graces of teammates and coaches. I figured that might not cut it in the more cutthroat football regions of the country.

It's a good point about the pioneer players from those regions going back to coach. Getting a critical mass of former college players running high school, youth, and club programs, is when an area's development takes off.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxxal22 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:46 am
oldbartman wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:15 pm
I was wondering about this, do kids have to choose between the two in the South? In the northeast lacrosse first athletes can have nice high school football careers because football isn't year round. Lifting/staying in shape plus attending summer captain's practices keeps you in the good graces of teammates and coaches. I figured that might not cut it in the more cutthroat football regions of the country.

It's a good point about the pioneer players from those regions going back to coach. Getting a critical mass of former college players running high school, youth, and club programs, is when an area's development takes off.
Yes I just started coaching my sons team, hence the joke earlier. Plus they are ba**s deep into baseball which funnels kids early into year round play as well. So you’ve got four silos early on kids in Ga not including lacrosse.

And LB3 and the corporate roll ups “armpit” (trading term) all the college players. Trust me I’ve been trying to get guys to make appearances but they’re all in NYC now that I know.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

There aren’t any
they’ve all been discovered,