***********The MIAA "A" Conference 2023**************

HS Boys Lacrosse
Mr3Putt

Re: ***********The MIAA "A" Conference 2023**************

Post by Mr3Putt »

What was the attendance of the MIAA games at Navy this year? It looked less then 21’. And Spaulding was not there this year. I like Navy and all that it has to offer. But the games should be rotated to Navy to a Baltimore stadium. Legends home base is Annapolis. They are running this thing. Whoever said Towson is only close to a few schools needs a geography lesson. Loyola/ Ridley is not big enough, end of that story. The stadium has to hold 10k plus, as good as Ridley is, it’s not possible.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Mr3Putt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:43 am What was the attendance of the MIAA games at Navy this year? It looked less then 21’. And Spaulding was not there this year. I like Navy and all that it has to offer. But the games should be rotated to Navy to a Baltimore stadium. Legends home base is Annapolis. They are running this thing. Whoever said Towson is only close to a few schools needs a geography lesson. Loyola/ Ridley is not big enough, end of that story. The stadium has to hold 10k plus, as good as Ridley is, it’s not possible.
I think rotating the championships between Navy and Towson would be fine.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Nike game didn’t disappoint. 21-20, game winner under 10 seconds in the game. MIAA boys did well.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Kramerica, is this the new version of CSE's UA SR game?
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Slim wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 am Kramerica, is this the new version of CSE's UA SR game?
I would say yes. I think everyone knows the UA game is just a popularity contest. I think Nike is actually inviting the best players.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Jumbo wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:29 am
Slim wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 am Kramerica, is this the new version of CSE's UA SR game?
I would say yes. I think everyone knows the UA game is just a popularity contest. I think Nike is actually inviting the best players.
The Nike game seemed like they invited the top players. A lot of "low-profile" kids who can really play. The only disappointing part was Nike's lack of "hoopla" surrounding the event.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:18 pm
The Nike game seemed like they invited the top players. A lot of "low-profile" kids who can really play. The only disappointing part was Nike's lack of "hoopla" surrounding the event.
I agree. I didn’t know anything about it until some friends were posting game pics of their kids in that game.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:18 pm
Nike was mostly if not all NLF players. Probably only get invited if your club team is a part of that.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:26 pm Nike game didn’t disappoint. 21-20, game winner under 10 seconds in the game. MIAA boys did well.
Anyone have a link to box score?
Slim

Post by Slim »

Lots of rumblings and rumors flying around about senior transfers from other areas heading to the MIAA A...BL, McD, CHC leading the pack.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Slim wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:18 am Lots of rumblings and rumors flying around about senior transfers from other areas heading to the MIAA A...BL, McD, CHC leading the pack.
Hearing that too.
The schools you mentioned should be good enough to develop more talent from within and not have to resort to guns for hire.
But I guess all these programs and coaches are feeling pressure from the Spaldings and St John's out there.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Kramerica, unfortunately, I believe the league has forever changed should the floodgates open as reported.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Crazy arms race that's accelerating. Seems like increasingly some are losing their perspective of the big picture of schools educational mission of developing young people. It's kind of sad.
MPSSAAlaxfan

Post by MPSSAAlaxfan »

Slim wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:18 am Lots of rumblings and rumors flying around about senior transfers from other areas heading to the MIAA A...BL, McD, CHC leading the pack.
If you watched the NHSLS games on ESPN, you might have caught Shriver talking about the kid from GA playing for BL in the summer event. Seems like a strong indicator that the rumors are true.
Slim

Post by Slim »

We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Slim wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:54 am We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.
Yes, getting out-of-state/area, one-year rentals seems to be the new move.

McDonogh has been a full-blown boarding school for a while. And the move wasn't predicated on lacrosse only.
I believe Calvert Hall had/has a couple out-of-area kids living near campus or with coaches/families these past few years.
Now BL has built their lacrosse dorms.
Crazy times. And for what? ...Lacrosse.

:?
Slim

Post by Slim »

bummed...this takes away a little from the sense of community feel of the league. oh well, all good things change...
Terps22

Post by Terps22 »

Andersen wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:30 am Crazy arms race that's accelerating. Seems like increasingly some are losing their perspective of the big picture of schools educational mission of developing young people. It's kind of sad.
The only marquee transfer I am aware of is Georgetown Prep's star LSM (committed to Duke) is headed to McDonogh this fall for his senior campaign.
Last edited by Terps22 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Was referring to the general trend of the tail wagging the dog, not about specific transfers, which have been going on for as long as I can remember, albeit within the general Baltimore area.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Hearing McD has 2 GP SR committed transfers.
BL has another SR committed transfer from GA.
And those are just the ones people are talking about.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”