That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
grelch

Re: New England West 2022

Post by grelch »

Definitely wouldn’t. He hasn’t coached in 2 seasons though. I think he’s the acting headmaster now and has given up coaching until a full time headmaster is found. Hopefully he takes up the reins again. I think Salisbury is more than capable of beating Deerfield but their recent record there hasn’t been great. Games are always close.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

grelch wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:36 pm Definitely wouldn’t. He hasn’t coached in 2 seasons though. I think he’s the acting headmaster now and has given up coaching until a full time headmaster is found. Hopefully he takes up the reins again. I think Salisbury is more than capable of beating Deerfield but their recent record there hasn’t been great. Games are always close.
See how much I follow HS! He was an assistant FB coach my FR year at Hobart and one of the nicest, most infectious guys you’ll ever meet. Makes the atmosphere in a room lighter and happier. He did right by Bart with kids over the years including Alex Love. Right now we have more Deerfield kids (couple of PGs that don’t play a ton) than Salisbury which is rare in the last 20yrs.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Dawgie

Post by Dawgie »

4-4 Taft Loomis after 3
Dawgie

Post by Dawgie »

Dawgie wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:49 pm 4-4 Taft Loomis after 3
8-6 Taft final. Loomis was step for step the whole game but couldn’t get it done in the last 6 minutes.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Has this 4 team 'Prep tourney' at Brunswick derailed the Geico Nationals? I don't see any promotion for it anywhere.
justanotherperson

Post by justanotherperson »

Not so accurate Div 1-2-3 rankings 5.16.22

D1 - Well I have no idea who is the best team in the area any more for D1. Congrats to Salisbury for beating Wick in a close one. Im not sure Wick still isnt the best team but Salisbury has earned the nod for sure. And yes I am aware that Taft beat Salisbury and Deerfield beat Taft. It looks like the top 4 are interchangeable so you could argue any sort of flip-flopping. I do wish there was a playoff system in place to determine the champ but we will have to settle for Deerfield vs Salisbury. As for the next 2Tiers, no change

D2 - Wilbraham has solidified it's #1 ranking with a win against Gunnery. In the lower half, chaos ensues as Hopkins beats and undefeated King, King then beats an undefeated GFA and GCDS may have lost their best player to injury. It is those 4 teams that have qualified for the FAA semifinals.

D3 - Williams isn't really in the division but plays a lot of similar teams and are clearly the best one. Hoosac could be that team but they do not post their scores. Wooster redeems some bad losses with wins against Harvey and Forman. Marvelwood moving up. And kudos to Darrow for fielding a Co-Ed team and getting some W's.

Current Last Week School Record Comments
Division 1
1 4 Salisbury (11-2) Huge win against Wick moves them up
2 1 Brunswick (13-1) Still not sure they are not the best in the area but a loss is a loss. Sounds like it was amazing
3 2 Deerfield (11-2) Close win against AOF doesn't help
4 3 Taft (12-2) Close win against Loomis didn't help
5 5 Avon Old Farms (9-7) 2 losses in a row albeit to Deerfield and Wick
6 6 Hotchkiss (8-5) 2 wins: 1 against a D2 and the other against a mediocre Choate
7 7 Loomis Chaffee (7-9) An upset against Taft could have helped
8 8 Trinity Pawling (7-7) 2-5 in last 6 with a close win against Choate and close loss to AOF
9 9 Choate (5-6) Loss to TP puts them in the bottom but they are the best of the bottom
10 11 Berkshire (7-8) 3 more games, 2 aganist D2 wont help their standing. They have to beat Andover
11 10 Westminster (6-10) Beat Kent
12 12 Northfield Mount Hermon (4-15) Beat Winchendon
13 13 Kent (0-16) GF-GA 71-287

Division 2
1 1 Wilbraham & Monson (10-1) Huge 1 goal win against Gunnery soldifies their #1 spot
2 2 Canterbury (11-4) No problem against Cheshire ACademy and big win against Portsmouth Abbey
3 3 Gunnery (11-4) Close loss to Wilbraham. Beat Millbrook
4 4 Millbrook (5-7) Losst 5 out of 6 though 2 were to D1 and 3 were to the teams above them
5 5 Albany Academies (5-6) No shame in losing to Hotchkiss and Berkshire
6 6 Williston (4-8) Losses to Loomis and Canterbury
7 7 Cheshire Academy (7-5) Loss to Canterbury and 1-2 goal games in their last 3 wins against lower D2 teams
8 9 King School (9-2) 7 wins in a row
9 8 Greens Farms Academy (8-2) Huge loss to King ruins their undefeated conference bid
10 12 Hopkins School (6-7) On a roll beating a previously undefeated King. Has played a brutal schedule
11 10 Greenwich Country Day (6-3) Loss to GFA. May have lost their best player to injury sadly
12 11 Brunswick B (not JV) (2-3) no scores from the past 3 weeks
13 13 St Lukes (4-6) 3 losses in a row - out of the playoffs
14 14 Rye Country Day (4-9) Beat Hamden Hall
15 15 Suffield Academy (2-9) 2 in a row for them albeit against bad teams
16 16 Kingswood-Oxford (2-10) Wins against HH and a D3 team
17 17 Hamden Hall (1-13) GF-GA 75-213, only win is against Div 3 team

Division 3
1 1 Williams School (8-4) Not really in the league but I added them because they play a lot of the same teams
2 4 Wooster (5-6) beat harvey and Forman
3 3 Hoosac (4-2) Im not sure they arent the best team but I cant find their score. Beat Forman
4 2 Harvey (6-6) loss to Wooster
5 8 Marvelwood (6-4) Beat Darrow
6 6 Masters (1-2) Lost to harvey and wooster. Cant find scores
7 5 Forman (1-7) lost 6 in a row
8 9 Darrow (3-2) Co-Ed team? Beat Woodhall 2x and storm king
9 8 Storm King (0-6) GF 13 GA 66
10 10 Woodhall (0-5) 2 losses to Darrow
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

justanotherperson wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:07 pm

Division 1
2 1 Brunswick (13-1) Still not sure they are not the best in the area but a loss is a loss. Sounds like it was amazing
Not sure that Salisbury can beat 'wick 3 out of 5, JAP. I would go 'wick, Deerfield, Taft (they beat 'bury!.. soundly in the 2nd half as per Grelch), then Salisbury. All 4 teams are capable of beating anyone nationally on-any-given-day, which is why Taft came in a solid 3rd last year and then beat Culver and St. Johns to win that GEICO thing.

Elite level HS lacrosse has variables that us grown-ups never calculate. Whose attackman just broke up with his GF? What key middies parents have just declared a divorce? Who ate too much bad BBQ (or got access to the keg) the night before the game?

Elite teams are so well synched that one kid off kilter can swing a game.
grelch

Post by grelch »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:56 pm

Division 1
Not sure that Salisbury can beat 'wick 3 out of 5, JAP. I would go 'wick, Deerfield, Taft (they beat 'bury!.. soundly in the 2nd half as per Grelch), then Salisbury. All 4 teams are capable of beating anyone nationally on-any-given-day, which is why Taft came in a solid 3rd last year and then beat Culver and St. Johns to win that GEICO thing.

Elite level HS lacrosse has variables that us grown-ups never calculate. Whose attackman just broke up with his GF? What key middies parents have just declared a divorce? Who ate too much bad BBQ (or got access to the keg) the night before the game?

Soundly in the 4th qtr. Down by 4 at the start of the 4th, won by 3. Up until then Salisbury was largely in control. Who knows, maybe Lawrenceville beats them all. We'll find out in a week or so.
justanotherperson

Post by justanotherperson »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:56 pm

Division 1

I would agree the Salisbury probably would t beat Wick 3/5 and I am not a Wick loyalist but I gotta give credit when credits due. Not much of the season left to play out but let’s see if anything changes. The top 4 are clearly head and shoulders above everyone else.

Yup. It takes a little tweak in a team to throw them off kilter (ie Georgetown!)
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

just an hour until the Deerfield/bury game livestream at https://events.locallive.tv/events/75837

Actually, FO isn't until 4:15.
grelch

Post by grelch »

So sloppy from both teams so far early in the 2nd qtr. 3-3 scoreline and the ball is bouncing all over Massachusetts.
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

DA takes down Salisbury 12 - 7.
Finish Strong
NEWestFan

Post by NEWestFan »

So WIck and Deerfield share the 2022 NEWest title.

Here is my guess for this weekend's Prep Tourney.

Seeds:
1 Wick 2-1 wins tie breaker vs L'ville based on head to head win
2 L'ville 2-1
3 Deerfield 1-2 wins tie breaker vs 'Bury based on head to head win
4 'Bury 1-2

So semis: Wick vs 'Bury and L'ville vs Deerfield..again guess on tie breaker.
Run2theEL

Post by Run2theEL »

So looks like Founders League tournament will be
1. Taft vs. 4. Loomis
2. Hotchkiss vs. AOF
colaxn

Post by colaxn »

Has there been any official information about the FL championship. Looks like there is a 3 way tie for 4th seed between Loomis, TP and Westminster
grelch

Post by grelch »

I'm going on a limb. For shits and giggles, Salisbury v L'ville in the Prep Championship final.
grelch

Post by grelch »

grelch wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:15 pm Has this 4 team 'Prep tourney' at Brunswick derailed the Geico Nationals? I don't see any promotion for it anywhere.
I just saw that the Geico Nationals are taking place. Taft, Salisbury, Bullis and IMG. Should be fun but in no way a national title.
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

grelch wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:51 am
grelch wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:15 pm Has this 4 team 'Prep tourney' at Brunswick derailed the Geico Nationals? I don't see any promotion for it anywhere.
I just saw that the Geico Nationals are taking place. Taft, Salisbury, Bullis and IMG. Should be fun but in no way a national title.
Given the participants haven't historically included MIAA or LI powerhouse programs and there has only been light NE West 1 participation, has it ever really been a legit national title tournament?
Finish Strong
grelch

Post by grelch »

I know. It's been close a few times. 2018 probably could have made a case for it. Is it the PG thing that keeps MIAA school from participating?

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”