New England West 2022

HS Boys Lacrosse
grelch

Re: New England West 2022

Post by grelch »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:33 pm Brunswick will win the league and go on to mortify a great St. Johns team in a GEICO event. National champs

Am I wrong?
Maybe? Only seen them twice. Watched them dominate St. Anthony's. And watching them play Gonzaga right now. Their offense is pretty scary. Saying that it's 4-2 after 1, so still close.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

grelch wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:38 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:33 pm Brunswick will win the league and go on to mortify a great St. Johns team in a GEICO event. National champs

Am I wrong?
Maybe? Only seen them twice. Watched them dominate St. Anthony's. And watching them play Gonzaga right now. Their offense is pretty scary. Saying that it's 4-2 after 1, so still close.
Is there a live stream link?
grelch

Post by grelch »

There was. Great game.

Salisbury @ Taft a good one after 1 qtr. Salisbury up 7-4. Being won at X at the moment. Don't think Taft have won a FO yet. When Taft do get the ball they look dangerous. If they level the FO's somewhat it will be a barn burner. Elsewhere saw that Wick leafs AOF 4-2 at the half.

*On cue Taft have cut it to 7-6 after a couple of FO wins
3rdPersonPlural

grelch wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:13 pm There was. Great game.

Salisbury @ Taft a good one after 1 qtr. Salisbury up 7-4. Being won at X at the moment. Don't think Taft have won a FO yet. When Taft do get the ball they look dangerous. If they level the FO's somewhat it will be a barn burner. Elsewhere saw that Wick leads AOF 4-2 at the half.

*On cue Taft have cut it to 7-6 after a couple of FO wins
Apparently my Rhinos won a shot-fest! Any color, Grelch? I request detailed color, because my Rhinos haven't beaten a Salisbury squad very often in the past dozen years.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Only that Taft went into the 4th qtr down 4 and came out the other end winning by 3. I didn't see very much of the 2nd half. Feed died for the entire 3rd qtr. It rebooted at the start of the 4th so I saw the score and then had to turn it off again. I think what happened is Taft fixed the face off problem and had some possession. The scored a bunch of their goals in tight with quick feeds and dinks. Salisbury has had issues whenever I've seen them this season with the basics. Seems every 3rd pass is into the dirt or high and wide etc. This game was no different. Lots of unforced turnovers. It's odd because they're good at fast breaks and run and gun play. It's when you get them to settle and move the ball around the box that they seem to implode. Taft were much better at setting up and finding an open player down low. Salisbury tended to want to use iso's. Anyhow, I would say whatever adjustments Taft made at X was the difference, at least from when I was watching. It was a good game. Got a little chippy here and there. Coaches were yelling at each other a few times.
3rdPersonPlural

grelch wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:57 pm Only that Taft went into the 4th qtr down 4 and came out the other end winning by 3. I didn't see very much of the 2nd half. Feed died for the entire 3rd qtr. It rebooted at the start of the 4th so I saw the score and then had to turn it off again. I think what happened is Taft fixed the face off problem and had some possession. The scored a bunch of their goals in tight with quick feeds and dinks. Salisbury has had issues whenever I've seen them this season with the basics. Seems every 3rd pass is into the dirt or high and wide etc. This game was no different. Lots of unforced turnovers. It's odd because they're good at fast breaks and run and gun play. It's when you get them to settle and move the ball around the box that they seem to implode. Taft were much better at setting up and finding an open player down low. Salisbury tended to want to use iso's. Anyhow, I would say whatever adjustments Taft made at X was the difference, at least from when I was watching. It was a good game. Got a little chippy here and there. Coaches were yelling at each other a few times.
You're a mensch, Grelch! Thank you!
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

Predictions on Salisbury/Brunswick?
grelch

Post by grelch »

Laxallday wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:06 pm Predictions on Salisbury/Brunswick?
Wick by 6 to 8 I reckon, although it is at Salisbury which could cut that a little.
NEWestFan

Post by NEWestFan »

I think it will be much tighter...Away at Salisbury, Friday Night, probably Senior Night...at least they are missing Reunion and Spring Family Weekend this year! Tough draw.
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

DA comes back from an 8 - 2 deficit to beat AOF 13 - 11 on the road.
Finish Strong
grelch

Post by grelch »

Didn't realize the Bury v Wick game was on tonight. Just turned it on. In the 3rd qtr and Wick is up 7-6

https://vimeo.com/salisburyschool
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

8-7 Wick after 3, this was destined to be a tight one, Friday night at Bury
grelch

Post by grelch »

Bury pulls off the upset 10-9. I only saw the last qtr and a half but credit to Salisbury. They showed far more intensity than last game against Taft. Bodies and sticks on Wick players in both halves of the field. Forced a lot of turnovers. Big win.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Congrats to Salisbury, great win over a really good Brunswick team. Faceoffs a big deal down the stretch, Bury winning the last 3 at least, Wick put a pole in for last couple. Would have liked to see Wick stay undefeated just for fun and competitive discussion vs St John’s in DC… but really fun to watch in general. The livestream was better than ESPN’s coverage of the Ivy League games last week.
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

RumorMill wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:58 pm Congrats to Salisbury, great win over a really good Brunswick team. Faceoffs a big deal down the stretch, Bury winning the last 3 at least, Wick put a pole in for last couple. Would have liked to see Wick stay undefeated just for fun and competitive discussion vs St John’s in DC… but really fun to watch in general. The livestream was better than ESPN’s coverage of the Ivy League games last week.
Damn...I don't check in on this thread for a few days and all heck breaks loose. That's twice in 4 years Wick has travelled to Salisbury undefeated and driven home with a "L". I guess this is why they play the games!
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

Sportin' Life wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:55 pm DA comes back from an 8 - 2 deficit to beat AOF 13 - 11 on the road.
And here I was wondering who/where DA played today. Need to get my fan game stepped up! Digging big holes like that don't usually come out all that goodly...
grelch

Post by grelch »

b1w7o9y7h wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:29 am
RumorMill wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:58 pm Congrats to Salisbury, great win over a really good Brunswick team. Faceoffs a big deal down the stretch, Bury winning the last 3 at least, Wick put a pole in for last couple. Would have liked to see Wick stay undefeated just for fun and competitive discussion vs St John’s in DC… but really fun to watch in general. The livestream was better than ESPN’s coverage of the Ivy League games last week.
Damn...I don't check in on this thread for a few days and all heck breaks loose. That's twice in 4 years Wick has travelled to Salisbury undefeated and driven home with a "L". I guess this is why they play the games!
Iirc, Salisbury has either won 3 out of their last 4 meetings home and away, or 4 out of 5. They’ve had a good run against the Bruins.
NEWestFan

Post by NEWestFan »

....so now Salisbury and Deerfield play on Wednesday for the right to share the NEWest Championship with Wick. Or does that not matter anymore? :(
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

PrimeTime21 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:54 pm Wick is going to absolutely violate this league. Both this current year and in 23. It's game over for the wack boarding schools. It's actually kind of adorable the country relatives (aka kids in a custody hearing) think they'd be possibly able to take on the Greenwich establishment.
We can't do anything in terms of a West I championship until PT21 weighs in. The Wick violation - thanks to Salisbury - has met a combobulation!
grelch

Post by grelch »

b1w7o9y7h wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:20 pm
PrimeTime21 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:54 pm Wick is going to absolutely violate this league. Both this current year and in 23. It's game over for the wack boarding schools. It's actually kind of adorable the country relatives (aka kids in a custody hearing) think they'd be possibly able to take on the Greenwich establishment.
We can't do anything in terms of a West I championship until PT21 weighs in. The Wick violation - thanks to Salisbury - has met a combobulation!
I don't see Salisbury beating Deerfield on Deerfield's potato patch. I suppose this upcoming 'Prep Championship' at Brunswick could sort things out between the top 3. It's a shame that Taft isn't involved. Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if Lawrenceville were to win it. They've impressed me the 3 or 4 times I've seen them this season.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”