Nassau Section VIII

HS Boys Lacrosse
LI13

Re: Nassau Section VIII

Post by LI13 »

flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:01 pm
fordmaddoxford wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:20 am Are the LIC’s streaming anywhere?
Varsity Media- YouTube
Varsity Media will only have pre and postgame shows. The NFHS network has the exclusive rights to the LICs.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

LI13 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:34 pm
fordmaddoxford wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:20 am Are the LIC’s streaming anywhere?
Varsity Media- YouTube
Varsity Media will only have pre and postgame shows. The NFHS network has the exclusive rights to the LICs.
OK. Thanks, LI13. I have NFHS but they don’t have LI games posted yet. I guess they’ll get around to it.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Varsity Media- YouTube
You refer to the BOYS games not the Girls. Kinda confusing.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Varsity Media- YouTube
Still waiting (somewhat less) patiently for NFHS to put the LI games links on their site. Assuming they will show all 16 quarterfinal games only half of them are up now; none LI.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

GC 9 -- Comsewogue 6.

A young man from Comsewogue suffered a serious injury. He's in the hospital. Hope he's OK.

Manhasset 12- M.S. 7 with 2 minutes left in game
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

GC, Manhasset, and CSH all win LI Championships in the same year; unprecedented and never possible before.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

CongratS to all the Nassau teams that won today…..who won the A division?

Impressive Manhasset win, I honestly thought they had no shot this year, and to win by 5….wow. Anyone see the game to say how they did it?
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:24 am CongratS to all the Nassau teams that won today…..who won the A division?

Impressive Manhasset win, I honestly thought they had no shot this year, and to win by 5….wow. Anyone see the game to say how they did it?
They possessed the ball for all but 25-30 seconds of the 4th quarter
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:24 am CongratS to all the Nassau teams that won today…..who won the A division?

Northport defeated Port Washington for A. Just for reference Mt. Sinai defeated Northport 12-5 in the first game of the year.

3 (I believe) of Manhasset’s goals were empty netters late in the game when MS was desperate to get the ball and doubled with the goalie.

Manhasset played without their leading scorer Dawson Rielly.

*IMO it’s only a matter of time until NY adopts the shot clock. It works quite well in MD and PA.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

Thanks guys that’s pretty nuts, i guess Girardi must have had himself a game….that is Garden City-like possession domination (think vs Wogue last year), and they weren’t able to do last year vs MtS. Nice to see the team rise to that huge challenge. Replacing Reilly is impressive too, but imo they always had depth up front and Cromwell knows his offense, I’m downright impressed with the defensive effort

Looks like finals are back at Hofstra on Friday if all these teams can get that far. What are the matchups, looks like MHS has Rye which is another tough one

Murf and Chris, congrats on your teams repeating
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:21 am

Northport defeated Port Washington for A. Just for reference Mt. Sinai defeated Northport 12-5 in the first game of the year.

3 (I believe) of Manhasset’s goals were empty netters late in the game when MS was desperate to get the ball and doubled with the goalie.

*IMO it’s only a matter of time until NY adopts the shot clock. It works quite well in MD and PA.
How much impact did Terenzi have on the game?
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Cal Girard lost most of the early faceoffs. He seems to have a remarkable ability to learn/adjust to his opponent mid game. He dominated late and that was key.

Matthew Im came of age.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:15 am Thanks guys that’s pretty nuts, i guess Girardi must have had himself a game….that is Garden City-like possession domination (think vs Wogue last year), and they weren’t able to do last year vs MtS. Nice to see the team rise to that huge challenge. Replacing Reilly is impressive too, but imo they always had depth up front and Cromwell knows his offense, I’m downright impressed with the defensive effort

Looks like finals are back at Hofstra on Friday if all these teams can get that far. What are the matchups, looks like MHS has Rye which is another tough one

Your contention about MHS is incorrect (Rye is Class B)

"Downstate" semis as follows
A: Northport v Scarsdale
B: Garden City v Rye
C: Manhasset v Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake
D: CSH v Briarcliff

For some reason (known only to NYSPHSAA) these games are being played on the campus of SUNY Albany. Perhaps because the finals are at Hofstra this year.
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:07 am
kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:15 am Thanks guys that’s pretty nuts, i guess Girardi must have had himself a game….that is Garden City-like possession domination (think vs Wogue last year), and they weren’t able to do last year vs MtS. Nice to see the team rise to that huge challenge. Replacing Reilly is impressive too, but imo they always had depth up front and Cromwell knows his offense, I’m downright impressed with the defensive effort

Your contention about MHS is incorrect (Rye is Class B)

"Downstate" semis as follows
A: Northport v Scarsdale
B: Garden City v Rye
C: Manhasset v Burnt Hills-Ballston lake
D: CSH v Briarcliff

For some reason (known only to NYSPHSAA) these games are being played on the campus of SUNY Albany. Perhaps because the finals are at Hofstra this year.
kr522: Congratulations.The game was billed as JOEY vs JOEY. Obviously those two are extraordinarily talented. That written and IMHO, Manhasset was impressive, perhaps dominant in every phase of the game. Good luck up in Albany. You're playing Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake, the team with the most bucolic name in the tournament.

Best of luck to Northport and CSH as well. Hope to see all the LI Champions at next at Hofstra next weekend.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

Thanks for the matchup info….the regional rotation (LI vs Westchester+) is on a different schedule than the state finals rotation

Murf, never heard of that school, but at this stage you have to take everyone seriously. Everyone is that much closer to the ultimate goal, hopefully Long Island can make a statement. Not sure Manhasset and GC have won the state title in the same year. I might be at Hofstra if you’re going next weekend (if MHS makes it)
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:04 am Cal Girard lost most of the early faceoffs. He seems to have a remarkable ability to learn/adjust to his opponent mid game. He dominated late and that was key.

Matthew Im came of age.
Girard's up-and-go-goal, as MORAN used to call them, was an example of his ability to adjust. In which grade is he? And I thought #6 as well and the entire D did a fine job on Spallina.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

WOW! The phrase "next one up" clearly was evident. And it's proof of good coaching.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:12 pm Thanks for the matchup info….the regional rotation (LI vs Westchester+) is on a different schedule than the state finals rotation

Murf, never heard of that school, but at this stage you have to take everyone seriously. Everyone is that much closer to the ultimate goal, hopefully Long Island can make a statement. Not sure Manhasset and GC have won the state title in the same year. I might be at Hofstra if you’re going next weekend (if MHS makes it)
kr522: I didn't intend to imply that any team that gets that far will be a pushover. I just thought the name of the school was somewhat lyrical.

I will be at Hofstra. While I hope all 4 L.I. teams win upstate and "come home", I'll be eager to watch any team that beats the L.I. teams. I haven't seen Northport play this season, but a couple of folks told me that Northport controlled the faceoffs and dominated possession.

Hope to see you there.

I'M CONFIDENT BUT ON ANY GIVEN DAY...!
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Girard is a Junior headed to Duke.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

blue angels wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:47 am

*IMO it’s only a matter of time until NY adopts the shot clock. It works quite welln MD and PA.
How much impact did Terenzi have on the game?
Terenzi had an enormous impact. Every M.S.player kept half an eye on him.Can't blame Drumm for giving him all that attention.

He'll flourish next year in Lars' system.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”