Nassau Section VIII

HS Boys Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Nassau Section VIII

Post by Matnum PI »

random observer wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:30 pm I'd be shocked if Manhasset loses tomorrow night...
Agreed. Manhasset isn't losing tomorrow...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
kr522

Post by kr522 »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:47 pm
kr522 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:55 am how does Scarsdale look for you guys?

wrt Manhasset....i got to watch the replay, i must say it was an impressive team defensive effort. big step up from last year and it looks like 2 of the kids are Sophs, as is the goalie and LSD. that's a great foundation with Cromwell's ability to get a lot out of the offense. And I know Terenzi gets a lot of accolades (rightfully) but i was really impressed with Petersen and Connor.
Agreed.Manhasset's young 'uns stepped.The fogo is a junior?? He's looks as if he's ready going to take over for Naso at Duke when Naso graduates.
yeah one more year.....he seems to have done pretty well. not dominant (first half vs MtS was rough) but as someone said he adjusts and plays tough.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

random observer wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:30 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:03 pm
wrt Manhasset....
Scarsdale doesn't impress me. Briarcliff on the other hand. CSH should win but I wouldn't even flinch if Briarcliff wins.
Manhasset's W was a really good one. Beat a legitimately good team...
I'd be shocked if Manhasset loses tomorrow night, but it's worth mentioning that Burnt-Hills Ballston Lake is probably the best Class C team out of Section II in a long, long time. They've got wins over Duxbury, Nisky, and West Genesee to their name. They're not the usual sacrificial lamb Section II offers up in the classifications that don't feature Nisky and Shenendehoa.
if they play the way they did on Saturday they won't lose. MHS does have a history of not cashing in on all their opportunities to take home a title, so let's wait and see. interesting that CSH has real competition, they were so good this year I figured they'd clean up D
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:10 pm
random observer wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:30 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:03 pm
wrt Manhasset....
Scarsdale doesn't impress me. Briarcliff on the other hand. CSH should win but I wouldn't even flinch if Briarcliff wins.
Manhasset's W was a really good one. Beat a legitimately good team...
I'd be shocked if Manhasset loses tomorrow night, but it's worth mentioning that Burnt-Hills Ballston Lake is probably the best Class C team out of Section II in a long, long time. They've got wins over Duxbury, Nisky, and West Genesee to their name. They're not the usual sacrificial lamb Section II offers up in the classifications that don't feature Nisky and Shenendehoa.
if they play the way they did on Saturday they won't lose. MHS does have a history of not cashing in on all their opportunities to take home a title, so let's wait and see. interesting that CSH has real competition, they were so good this year I figured they'd clean up D
Briarcliff seems to have been the best team in Section 1 regardless of classification this year.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

A player named John Balsamo got in late for Manhasset today in a State Semi. He also scored a goal in the County Final. He is an 8th grader. No doubt he was moved up to Varsity for the playoffs. He is surely the brother of Chaminade star Charles Balsamo. How nice it would be if he chose to stay home for high school. This taste of action should assure him he’d be seeing the field a lot earlier.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:27 pm A player named John Balsamo got in late for Manhasset today in a State Semi. He also scored a goal in the County Final. He is an 8th grader. No doubt he was moved up to Varsity for the playoffs. He is surely the brother of Chaminade star Charles Balsamo. How nice it would be if he chose to stay home for high school. This taste of action should assure him he’d be seeing the field a lot earlier.
Fairly certain he's heading to Chaminade like his older brother did. Would have been nice!!

Joe
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:40 pm
fordmaddoxford wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:27 pm A player named John Balsamo got in late for Manhasset today in a State Semi. He also scored a goal in the County Final. He is an 8th grader. No doubt he was moved up to Varsity for the playoffs. He is surely the brother of Chaminade star Charles Balsamo. How nice it would be if he chose to stay home for high school. This taste of action should assure him he’d be seeing the field a lot earlier.
Fairly certain he's heading to Chaminade like his older brother did. Would have been nice!!

Joe
Appears that he will likely take a Class C State championship ring with him to Mineola. Manhasset should not have too much trouble with Westhill Saturday. Ditto for CSH v Chenango Forks. Garden City-Canandaigua should be a very low scoring contest. 3-2 is not out of the question.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:10 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:40 pm

Joe
Appears that he will likely take a Class C State championship ring with him to Mineola. Manhasset should not have too much trouble with Westhill Saturday. Ditto for CSH v Chenango Forks. Garden City-Canandaigua should be a very low scoring contest. 3-2 is not out of the question.

Agreed on all those assertions. Northport is going to be the underdog against B'ville.

Joe
kr522

Post by kr522 »

Northport was impressive.....they stunk on the face off during the time I watched and that kept Scarsdale in the game, but they looked strong at all levels. will be interesting bc Baldwinsville has really cruised through their schedule, except for the game vs Victor

good luck to all LI teams, especially MHS....go Indians!
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:58 pm Northport was impressive.....they stunk on the face off during the time I watched and that kept Scarsdale in the game, but they looked strong at all levels. will be interesting bc Baldwinsville has really cruised through their schedule, except for the game vs Victor

good luck to all LI teams, especially MHS....go Indians!
Probably the first time in the last two seasons we hadn't won a majority of the faceoffs. Kup usually dominates, but the Scarsdale fogo had his number.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

What’s your prediction?
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:43 pm What’s your prediction?
Gonna be a close game either way. I'm a pessimist by nature so I am sort of expecting a 1 goal loss.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Don't want to confuse or anger but the Lady Indians romped in the second half today, unfortunately no other place to put it. They're very good. Set looking for a big day tomorrow
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:18 pm Don't want to confuse or anger but the Lady Indians romped in the second half today, unfortunately no other place to put it. They're very good. Set looking for a big day tomorrow
Looking forward to it. Lady Indians play Section V's Honeoye Falls-Lima (11-8 record) at 2PM tomorrow.

Go Set!

Joe
kr522

Post by kr522 »

Big day for Nassau, combined score of 38-7; unfortunately Northport couldn’t get the LI sweep. Hard to believe this is the first time that any two of GC, MHS, CSH have won a state title in the same year, let alone all three
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

kr522 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:37 pm Big day for Nassau, combined score of 38-7; unfortunately Northport couldn’t get the LI sweep. Hard to believe this is the first time that any two of GC, MHS, CSH have won a state title in the same year, let alone all three
CSH beat both Garden City and Manhasset. Think it's a first (or at least a rare occurrence) that the D class state champ has beat he B & C class state champs. Congrats to all the teams.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

oldbartman wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:49 pm
kr522 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:37 pm Big day for Nassau, combined score of 38-7; unfortunately Northport couldn’t get the LI sweep. Hard to believe this is the first time that any two of GC, MHS, CSH have won a state title in the same year, let alone all three
CSH beat both Garden City and Manhasset. Think it's a first (or at least a rare occurrence) that the D class state champ has beat he B & C class state champs. Congrats to all the teams.
Class D has only been around for a few years so it is a first

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”