Texas HS Lacrosse

HS Boys Lacrosse
HooDat

Re: Texas HS Lacrosse

Post by HooDat »

but the bottom line is that Pressler coaching at Highland Park is a huge win for Texas lacrosse. The combination of coaching experience and connections across the sport lead to great things for the players he is able to teach.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
DallasLax

Post by DallasLax »

Any thoughts on a preseason Top 5? Here’s mine: 1. DJ 2x defending champs 2. ESD - program returns some electric scorers 3. HP - great coach and great goaltending is always a good place to start. 4. St Marks - are they on their way back to being relevant again. 5. WL - class of Central TX. Questions - what happened to HTX? can anyone else join this group or is it a five team race at most?
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

I got 1, HP 2, DJ 3. SM 4. WL 5. ESD. The state power is in the North.
DallasLax

Post by DallasLax »

I like it. I think HP will be strong contender to reclaim title but I figured DJ could start 1 until someone beats them. Interesting you have ESD that far down given their outstanding offense options. Love folks talking about TX lax. Looks like we are back to days of NTX total dominance.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

ESD lost quite a few studs. I feel like they lost more than others. The only reason they are that far down. But some replacements may make me eat crow.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DallasLax wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:14 pm I like it. I think HP will be strong contender to reclaim title but I figured DJ could start 1 until someone beats them. Interesting you have ESD that far down given their outstanding offense options. Love folks talking about TX lax. Looks like we are back to days of NTX total dominance.
Have zero knowledge or TX lax so keep up the effort please. As far as who are great players, I would humbly request that rather than illustrating on this forum that the best outlet is:

[email protected]
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
FOGO_Daze

Post by FOGO_Daze »

1. ESD
2. Highland Park
3. Dallas Jesuit
4. Woodlands
5. Westlake
6-8 is a toss up
St Marks. Lake Travis, Southlake
DallasLax

Post by DallasLax »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cn4fIN4t ... MyMTA2M2Y= Lax.com has 1.DJ, 2.ESD, 3.HP, 4.STM, 5.WL
FanLax Computer

Post by FanLax Computer »

2023 Rankings start where the 2022 Rankings stopped:

1- Dallas Jesuit (TX)
2- Episcopal School of Dallas (TX)
3- Westlake (TX)
4- St. Mark's (TX)
5- Highland Park (TX)
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.” -Isaac Asimov
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:17 pm
DallasLax wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:14 pm I like it. I think HP will be strong contender to reclaim title but I figured DJ could start 1 until someone beats them. Interesting you have ESD that far down given their outstanding offense options. Love folks talking about TX lax. Looks like we are back to days of NTX total dominance.
Have zero knowledge or TX lax so keep up the effort please. As far as who are great players, I would humbly request that rather than illustrating on this forum that the best outlet is:

[email protected]
With Pressler the coach at Highland Park, I can almost guarantee we won't see any recruits from HP at Hobart. He may poison the whole region for Bart after his last college game he coached.
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

oldbartman wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:55 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:17 pm

[email protected]
With Pressler the coach at Highland Park, I can almost guarantee we won't see any recruits from HP at Hobart. He may poison the whole region for Bart after his last college game he coached.
I had the same thought!
DallasLax

Post by DallasLax »

A couple weeks into the season: TX Top 10
1.DJ
2.ESD
3.WL
4. HP
5. STM
6. TWHS
7. SL
8.Memorial
9. LT
10. Allen

Impressive start for Memorial so far.
blue angels

Re: Texas HS Lacrosse 2020

Post by blue angels »

Surfs_Up wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:41 pm Don’t sleep on Vandegrift out of Austin
As for kids going out of state to boarding school, haven’t see it too much, but would take a very serious commitment from a kid around lacrosse to give up your family and friends to go play lacrosse out East full time

Don’t know how many kids have that focus and goals
Happens all the time with kids from non hotbeds and hot beds wanting to play at a higher level and go to one of the most prestigious schools in the Country. Many of the top D1 teams place kids at Deerfield, Exeter, Andover, Lawrenceville, Taft, Choate, etc, etc for a PG year before matriculating. They get excellent coaching, top academics, play top competition and play in the best facilities. The Top Boarding Schools in New England are very tough to beat academically and have huge endowments to fund college Level coaches & athletic facilities. Agree, it's not for everyone but an incredible opportunity for those fortunate enough to get the opportunity and it's a lot more than just about lacrosse.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

blue angels wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:07 pm
Surfs_Up wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:41 pm Don’t sleep on Vandegrift out of Austin
As for kids going out of state to boarding school, haven’t see it too much, but would take a very serious commitment from a kid around lacrosse to give up your family and friends to go play lacrosse out East full time

Happens all the time with kids from non hotbeds and hot beds wanting to play at a higher level and go to one of the most prestigious schools in the Country. Many of the top D1 teams place kids at Deerfield, Exeter, Andover, Lawrenceville, Taft, Choate, etc, etc for a PG year before matriculating. They get excellent coaching, top academics, play top competition and play in the best facilities. The Top Boarding Schools in New England are very tough to beat academically and have huge endowments to fund college Level coaches & athletic facilities. Agree, it's not for everyone but an incredible opportunity for those fortunate enough to get the opportunity and it's a lot more than just about lacrosse.
How would you compare:

-Avon OF or Sals to Choate/Hotchkiss

- Deerfield or Ester to NMH or Berkshire

- Lawrenceville to Peddie

I’m more curious about the kids who travel and end up in the horsing schools that don’t grossly over feed IVY, NESCAC, PL etc.
See Martin, Malcolm
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:12 am

How would you compare:

I’m more curious about the kids who travel and end up in the horsing schools that don’t grossly over feed IVY, NESCAC, PL etc.
There are what are referred to as the "top 8 boarding schools" which is more about elite academic rep and not a particular league. Choate, Hotchkiss, Deerfield, Andover, Exeter, Groton, Lawrenceville would all be in that group and have extremely low acceptance rates. Taft is excellent but would be right outside this group. Some of them have billion dollar + endowments.They also regularly, take top PG athletes, in various sports, who would otherwise not be accepted. Salisbury, Avon, NMH, Berkshire are all excellent schools but, not as prestigious nor as selective on admissions, so easier to get into than the aforementioned. I don't know much about Peddie but thought it was mostly a day school.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

blue angels wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:48 am

How would you compare:

There are what are referred to as the "top 8 boarding schools" which is more about elite academic rep and not a particular league. Choate, Hotchkiss, Deerfield, Andover, Exeter, Groton, Lawrenceville would all be in that group and have extremely low acceptance rates. Taft is excellent but would be right outside this group. Some of them have billion dollar + endowments.They also regularly, take top PG athletes, in various sports, who would otherwise not be accepted. Salisbury, Avon, NMH, Berkshire are all excellent schools but, not as prestigious nor as selective on admissions, so easier to get into than the aforementioned. I don't know much about Peddie but thought it was mostly a day school.
It was semi loaded question as I’m familiar from my hobart days with all those schools but thanks.

I’d throw St Paul’s up in Concord NH in that upper group as well no?

But yeah usually think of Exeter, Andover, Deerfield and Hotchkiss as at the very top. It’s the NMHs and AOFs I wonder about spending the extra dough and year on unless it’s really to get in somewhere academically and there’s a ton of excess or parental/familial cash flow.
See Martin, Malcolm
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:26 pm

How would you compare:

It was semi loaded question as I’m familiar from my hobart days with all those schools but thanks.

But yeah usually think of Exeter, Andover, Deerfield and Hotchkiss as at the very top. It’s the NMHs and AOFs I wonder about spending the extra dough and year on unless it’s really to get in somewhere academically and there’s a ton of excess or parental/familial cash flow.
St Paul's is absolutely a "top 8 boarding school" You asked about specific schools not who was in the top 8. Andover, Exeter and St Paul's have much bigger endowments than most colleges
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

blue angels wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:22 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:26 pm

How would you compare:

St Paul's is absolutely a "top 8 boarding school" You asked about specific schools not who was in the top 8. Andover, Exeter and St Paul's have much bigger endowments than most colleges
Sorry didn’t mean to be all inclusive I was just comping what I thought were elite ones to geographically not too far away more middle of the road ones.

And sigh, when I think about their endowments compared with HWS’ at sub $300mm I get depressed.
See Martin, Malcolm
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:26 pmI wonder about spending the extra dough and year on unless it’s really to get in somewhere academically and there’s a ton of excess or parental/familial cash flow.
There are PLENTY of families more than willing to drop an extra $100k on a PG year if it means junior has a shot at playing lacrosse at HYP. They view it as a fast track to junior's Master of the Universe destiny. I know multiple families that dropped close to that just on SAT tutoring just to make sure Junior (or juniorette) had the requisite scores for the Ivies.... :roll:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HooDat wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:57 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:26 pmI wonder about spending the extra dough and year on unless it’s really to get in somewhere academically and there’s a ton of excess or parental/familial cash flow.
There are PLENTY of families more than willing to drop an extra $100k on a PG year if it means junior has a shot at playing lacrosse at HYP. They view it as a fast track to junior's Master of the Universe destiny. I know multiple families that dropped close to that just on SAT tutoring just to make sure Junior (or juniorette) had the requisite scores for the Ivies.... :roll:
Yeah but they're not sending them, respectfully to AOF or NMH, they're going to the ones that we mentioned as the best ones by perception reputation. Historically they were borderline feeders and shared team colors (Exeter and H, Deerfield and Dart, Lawrenville and PTon becuase it's dirty Jersey, etc.).

And realizing you're being faceitious or commenting on parental delusion rather than logic as I type this.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”