~~The MIAA “A” 2021~~

HS Boys Lacrosse
MDlaxfan76

Re: ~~The MIAA “A” 2021~~

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Lax_04 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:26 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:49 am Funny how we get this perennial whine from St. Mary's folks about being ignored by the "blue bloods". Enormous inferiority complex? ;)

Seriously, does anyone actually not know that the Annapolis region has been producing terrific talent and teams for many decades?

Back in my day, Severna Park was a major powerhouse in the public league and Wroxeter attracted the bulk of private school talent into what was effectively a sports academy. Tremendous teams. After Wroxeter folded, that talent (at least seems to me) was picked up by St. Mary's...perhaps one of you guys could share more details about that history.

I 'get' the competitive juices between programs, but I really don't know anyone who doesn't respect the St. Mary's teams and players, who doesn't expect them to be highly competitive most years, akin to the "blue bloods" in northwest Baltimore. Not every school is going to be at the very top every year, but they cycle in and out quite regularly.

Enjoy the competition, but no need for disrespect, nor whine.
Well said. Back in the day the SM teams were motivated by this "chip" and--real or perceived--the coaches used it to great effect for many years. The school's "unique" facilities only fed into this. At the same time, SM is among the schools in the conference with the deepest multigenerational connections (5 of the 7 goals against CHC were scored by alumni sons, the vast majority of the staff are alumni, etc) so it makes sense that some of that chip still lingers.

I always found it ironic because in AA Co SM is a/the blueblood program. No need for Saints fans to feel sensitive... SM appeared in the last championship game and has won a championship more recently than Gilman, BL, SP, and L-B. Two years ago the MLL and PLL RoYs were both SM alums. The program's social media is A+, the message is getting out... No need for the sensitivity Saints fans... Just win baby!
:D Perfect.
BTW, Gilman will be on the move...eventually ;)
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

St. Paul’s stuns Loyola 9-8 in OT.
BL doubles up Gilman 12-6.
Spalding pulls away from JC in the second half, 14-4.
McD outlasts Severn 9-6.
MSJ Vs CH postponed.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

How about the championships being at Navy Stadium!? Any of you planning to hit any restaurants and bars before and/or after the games?
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

When the St Francis football article came out it exposed how a program did things in order to be a successful nationally. And, many local schools cancelled games w SF. etc. Schools felt like they couldn’t compete and it would be dangerous physically to play SF. I said to myself the MSA and these teams complaining have been doing the same thing for 40 years. MSJ wrestling, CH hoops in the day, BL lax holdbacks, McDonough in anything, Gilman FB. And, what is this pipeline w FCA and CH lax 🥴? It wasn’t new what SF was doing is my point. This nonsense of Baltimore blue bloods is a little much. St. Mary’s has stock piled talent for years. Severn has been off the grid, that’s on them. Now Spaulding is coming. With Phipps & Cottle . You don’t think they are collecting talent in any form ? Through club ball etc ? Or the Annapolis Hawks w St Mary’s ? Really. This league is that competitive because people care. It doesn’t matter if your in Annapolis or Baltimore. Don’t pin down an area vs the other.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Another day in the grinder tomorrow!

Gilman @ Archbishop Spalding
Severn @ John Carroll
McD @ Loyola Blakefield
St P's @ Calvert Hall
Slim

Post by Slim »

Kramerica, who's the coach that always uses the phrase "murderers row" to describe the league? I love that phrase...it's perfect!

But, the "grinder" is a good one too! :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Slim wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:47 pm Kramerica, who's the coach that always uses the phrase "murderers row" to describe the league? I love that phrase...it's perfect!

But, the "grinder" is a good one too! :lol:
I'd guess Bobby Shriver?

But this league really is fun- No days off!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Spalding wins comfortably 15-9 over Gilly Tech:
https://twitter.com/scores_lax/status/1 ... 32645?s=21

Severn wins a tough one over JC:
https://twitter.com/scores_lax/status/1 ... 04901?s=21

Loyola vs McD suspended after scary incident when a LB player was hit by a shot. Thankful the trainers were able to save the boy’s life.

:shock:
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:40 pm Spalding wins comfortably 15-9 over Gilly Tech:
https://twitter.com/scores_lax/status/1 ... 32645?s=21

Severn wins a tough one over JC:
https://twitter.com/scores_lax/status/1 ... 04901?s=21

Loyola vs McD suspended after scary incident when a LB player was hit by a shot. Thankful the trainers were able to save the boy’s life.

:shock:
Wow. Scary and very glad to hear he is ok. Spalding really impressive this year, must be one of their better teams in quite some years.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Great news about the Loyola player !!
Booker

Post by Booker »

Great season so far and my heart rests easy knowing that Peter Laake is ok. God Bless !!!
Now for my annual plea - Please remember that these kids are in High School and no matter how sad/upset you are that little Billy threw the ball in the bleachers - suck it up and find the positives - support the heck outta these great players who have worked their tails off to earn playing time and try their hardest to win games in the most competitive league in High School sports.

7 different schools won the MIAA between 2010 and 2016. Do us all a favor and save your bashing of Billy and Bobby for the bar, or better yet scream it at the inside of your windshield, keep it off your posts, PLEASE !!!!

FYI - If you don't attend practice everyday, and watch hours of film a week, you may want to refrain from whining about the coaches …… ?

FYI - that Thursday night game between UVa and Duke was as an impressive a level of play as I've seen, and each team hucked the ball in the bleachers a couple times. We all learned something about what is really important on Friday afternoon.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

JC @ CH today. 4 pm.
LB at BL postponed.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Booker wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:43 am Great season so far and my heart rests easy knowing that Peter Laake is ok. God Bless !!!
Now for my annual plea - Please remember that these kids are in High School and no matter how sad/upset you are that little Billy threw the ball in the bleachers - suck it up and find the positives - support the heck outta these great players who have worked their tails off to earn playing time and try their hardest to win games in the most competitive league in High School sports.

7 different schools won the MIAA between 2010 and 2016. Do us all a favor and save your bashing of Billy and Bobby for the bar, or better yet scream it at the inside of your windshield, keep it off your posts, PLEASE !!!!

FYI - If you don't attend practice everyday, and watch hours of film a week, you may want to refrain from whining about the coaches …… ?

FYI - that Thursday night game between UVa and Duke was as an impressive a level of play as I've seen, and each team hucked the ball in the bleachers a couple times. We all learned something about what is really important on Friday afternoon.

+1
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Lots of good games Scheduled for Friday.

Mount St. Joseph @ Dematha PPD
LB @ John Carroll 4:00 pm
Severn @ Gilman 4:15 pm
Archbishop Spalding @ BL 4:15 pm
Calvert Hall @ McD 4:30 pm
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

So, current predictions as to who wins the championship? Have any of your thoughts changed within the past two-three weeks?
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Thursday, April 22- Severn 16- Gilman 6
SkipPass

Post by SkipPass »

gymman1031 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:16 pm So, current predictions as to who wins the championship? Have any of your thoughts changed within the past two-three weeks?
McDonogh, Calvert Hall or St. Mary’s.
ckstevenson

Post by ckstevenson »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:45 am Lots of good games Scheduled for Friday.

Mount St. Joseph @ Dematha PPD
LB @ John Carroll 4:00 pm
Severn @ Gilman 4:15 pm
Archbishop Spalding @ BL 4:15 pm
Calvert Hall @ McD 4:30 pm
Calvert Hall @ McDonogh is going to be on LSN, they list a 6pm game.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Most of the games are live streamed for free on Youtube also.
Gilman, CH, JC and LB regularly have them on.
Pretty good production values. Hats off to the play by play kids too!
Slim

Post by Slim »

St. Pauls needs to learn a thing or two from those schools and live stream for free too. it is a subscription now from what I could tell, plus no student announcers in booth. Seems like a good year to give the students an opportunity for an AV/production sports club.

I also think Spalding is a solid contender, along with McD, CHC, SM, Loyola.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”