VA Public School Lacrosse

HS Boys Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: VA Public School Lacrosse

Post by wgdsr »

get it to x wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:32 pm
SpinalTap14 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:06 am Riverside 10 Gonzaga 9 (OT)
Nobody understands how huge this is. My son's 2008 St Mary's JV team went down and swept Battlefeild and Riverside "A lot to a little". The reach from Berthesda to Stafford County is unreal.
not following? riverside opened as a school around 2015. but what are you saying?
stonewall

Post by stonewall »

And before anyone reads too much into it, Gonzaga had more than 10 players suspended for the game due to spring break issues. Add that to their major injuries and they only had a few staters available for the game.
Crlaxy

Post by Crlaxy »

Yes, multiple kids, let’s just say we’re unable to play because of a spring break mishap. The cupboard wasn’t empty. D and Mid lines were mostly intact. O was slight.

Riverside was missing important parts on their D too. Wouldn’t say it was a draw. But Riverside has to find kids in the neighborhood for next man up. Gonzaga looks down the bench for all the club kids they’ve recruited. And let’s not forget, many of them are a year older than their grade base.

That said, Hope Gonzaga re-finds their mojo. DC lacrosse is better when they are better.
Last edited by Crlaxy on Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tactful Lax

Post by Tactful Lax »

Let them play again, have Gonzaga sit all of their grade repeaters, and see what happens.
since1986

Post by since1986 »

Close Game Predictions for Tuesday and Thursday:

4/26:
Alexandria @ West Potomac - Wolverines by 1

4/28:
Chantilly @ Westfield - Bulldogs by 1
Oakton @ Centreville - Cougars by 1 (OT)
since1986

Post by since1986 »

And Friday 4/29

Woodson @ Alexandria - Cavaliers by 1
West Springfield @ West Potomac - Spartans by 3
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

since1986 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:38 am Close Game Predictions for Tuesday and Thursday:

4/26:

4/28:
How about Lake Braddock with the upset over Robinson? LB 11-10 in OT in a penalty filled game. LB PSU commit dominates at the FO X in a surprise coaching move.
since1986

Post by since1986 »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:27 pm
How about Lake Braddock with the upset over Robinson? LB 11-10 in OT in a penalty filled game. LB PSU commit dominates at the FO X in a surprise coaching move.
LB is an excellent team. Not sure how a guy who does not normally faceoff dominates two good faceoff guys, but crazier things have happened. He is a great athlete.
VA6ALacrosse

Post by VA6ALacrosse »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:27 pm
since1986 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:38 am Close Game Predictions for Tuesday and Thursday:

4/26:

4/28:
This sounds like a nice fairytale, maybe you can have a nice dream Friday night where the game plays out that way, because it will most certainly not end up like that in real life. Does Lake Braddock have some secret defenders that we don’t know about? Because from what I’ve seen, they have #1, and maybe one other capable pole, but the rest of the defense does not have the athletic ability to keep up with the horses on the robinson offense. Not to mention it is hard to score when you don’t win faceoffs, and it’s pretty obvious who has the fo advantage in this game.
Prediction: Robinson 17- Lake Braddock 5
Laxer77

Post by Laxer77 »

Agree that FO is so specialized now that you can't just pick it up and dominate because you are a good athlete. It takes time and a lot of practice and Robinson's guys are much better. LB will be able to score some in transition but will not be able to keep up with Robinson for the whole game. Rams win 14-7.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Laxer77 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:15 am Agree that FO is so specialized now that you can't just pick it up and dominate because you are a good athlete. It takes time and a lot of practice and Robinson's guys are much better. LB will be able to score some in transition but will not be able to keep up with Robinson for the whole game. Rams win 14-7.
I really don't have a rooting interest in the game either way as I dislike both HS programs but I do like the players on both teams and yes Rams Fogo's are the best. The Bruins would need to try something unique at that position and that middie has done it but it was a long time ago. I think LB keeps it close and it could be a good one. LB goalie keeps it close as he has a career night.
Laxer77

Post by Laxer77 »

I hope you are right as it would be nice to see some parity and not have one team just dominate the whole season. I have seen Landon several times this season when they are outmatched at the X just play two poles on the wings and basically concede the faceoff and immediately crash the other team's FOGO. Helps when you have two super athletic D1 committed poles on the wings though - not sure LB has the guys to pull that off.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Laxer77 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:18 pm I hope you are right as it would be nice to see some parity and not have one team just dominate the whole season. I have seen Landon several times this season when they are outmatched at the X just play two poles on the wings and basically concede the faceoff and immediately crash the other team's FOGO. Helps when you have two super athletic D1 committed poles on the wings though - not sure LB has the guys to pull that off.
I am glad Madlax is broadcasting this game they do a nice job. I am just hoping I can be correct like the person who nailed the Riverside Gonzaga game. Maybe Robinson can challenge some of the top private school teams?
Laxer77

Post by Laxer77 »

DMV Lacrosse Power Rankings are pretty good. Robinson would get beat badly by SJC, Prep, and Bullis, and pretty badly by PVI. Robinson could put a scare in Landon, SSSA and STA but probably come up short. Riverside already beat Gonzaga and Robinson and Riverside are close so would expect a similar result. Robinson would beat the rest of the privates around here like Dematha, Heights, Potomac School.
since1986

Post by since1986 »

4/26:
Alexandria @ West Potomac - Wolverines by 1 Off by one goal, Wolverines by 2

4/28:
Chantilly @ Westfield - Bulldogs by 1 Nailed it
Oakton @ Centreville - Cougars by 1 (OT) Way off, Wildcats by 7
Laxer77

Post by Laxer77 »

Very surprised by Oakton's collapse. They must have some injuries or something. They were a decent team but have fallen apart in the last two weeks.
NOVAlax_15

Post by NOVAlax_15 »

Robinson 18, Lake Braddock 5
It was 2-1 Robo after the first, 10-4 at the half. Robinson never looked back after halftime.
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

AARRRGGGG!!! I am so tired of these 6A blowouts! How about, for this post pandemic season, subdividing the 6A teams into 3 “Regional Divisions.” I mean, do we really need to see a ROBO 19 - Justice - 0 region first round?

The REAL DEAL Division: (not in any order) ROBO, Battlefield, Lake B, Madison, Yorktown, Langley, (Riverside 5A invite?) *NOTE - all teams qualify for regions.

The Division of Mediocrity: (in no order) WestPO, Oakton, Westfield, C-vile, Woodson, Tilly, West Spring, McLean, Alex City, SOCO, South Lakes *NOTE - every game will end with a score of 8-7. Top 4 will prepared to get “blown out” in first round by ROBO, etc.

The Rebuilding Division: Hayfield, Annandale, TJ, Lewis, MTV, Edision, Wakefield, Fairfax, Herndon, Wash Lee and a few more I may have left off. *NOTE - Have their own championship and build from there. Good coaches here.

And regarding the region matchups, will the mighty eat each other while mediocre teams get an easy path to states?
Laxer77

Post by Laxer77 »

The problem is the blowout was between two “Real Deal”teams. Robinson is looking to be much better than everyone else. Agree that the first couple rounds of regionals will be awful to watch.

But I will play along with your proposal anyway. Forgot about Patriot and they are the real deal. Mediocre group looks about right. “Rebuilding” implies that these teams were once good and are trying to get back to good, but most have never been competitive.

In the hypothetical playoff finals:

Robinson 13 Battlefield 7
Westfield 8 West Potomac 7 (OT)
Herndon 9 W-L 6
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

Yes, I forgot about Patriot. Clearly they are in the mix. Thank you for playing along.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”