2022 POST SEASON HIGH SCHOOL TOURNAMENTS

HS Girls Lacrosse
njbill

2022 POST SEASON HIGH SCHOOL TOURNAMENTS

Post by njbill »

This year there again were two post season high school lacrosse championships, one in Connecticut and the other in Maryland. New Canaan won the CT tourney (beating Hotchkiss). Stone Ridge won the Md. event (beating Archbishop Carroll).

Both tournaments were smaller this year than last. In 2021 the CT tourney had 37 teams; this year 26. Teams were from NH, Mass, CT, NY, NJ, DE, RI, Fla, CA, and Washington state. Last year’s winner, Darien, attended, but did not make the playoffs this year. Last year’s runner up, Victor, did not come this year.

Not sure how many teams the Md. event had last year (12 or so?). In 2022 eight teams attended (from MD, PA, and TX). In 2021, St. Paul’s School for Girls beat Archbishop Carroll in the finals. SPSG did not attend this year.

At least at the CT event, many teams were missing some or all of their graduated seniors. About half of the teams in the CT tourney were private schools. I think all the teams at the MD event were privates.

Given the fall off in attendance this year and the apparent disinterest on the part of seniors for one last go round with their HS teams, I wonder if these tournaments will be able to continue. Hope so as they are fun events. I got to see teams from CA and WA this year, plus IMG, all firsts for me.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”