National HS tourneys, Farmington CT and Columbia, MD

HS Girls Lacrosse
totc

Re: HS National Championship, Farmington, Conn.

Post by totc »

hmmm wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:46 am
totc wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:09 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:53 am wow. that's a lot of teams. and a lot of good teams.
Nobody from the IAAM, though. Or from Virginia or the District of Columbia. But this is an OK start. Got to walk before you can run.

Still, if I was to start something like this, you HAVE to involve McDonogh, even though they were the silver-medalists this year.
There is a separate HS Tournament that the MD teams are playing in in a couple weeks. Would be great if all the teams were in the same tournament but travel for MD HS teams up to CT isn't really feasible with a lot of players having club tournaments on weekends and same for LI teams coming down to MD for the NHSLS.

www.nhsls.com/girls
I'm amazed that there is no schedule posted on this website for the tournament. All we know is that the final is at 7 pm on June 24th. Why the "radio silence" from the organizers?
roty

Post by roty »

It appears they use Tourney Machine app for scheduling

2021 NHSLS - Girls Varsity Session
https://tourneymachine.com/Public/Resul ... ab23fa6045

2021 NHSLS - Red Session
https://tourneymachine.com/Public/Resul ... 7df3a5cb43

2021 NHSLS - White Session
https://tourneymachine.com/Public/Resul ... 55d55b194d
totc

Post by totc »

Much obliged.
totc

Post by totc »

I was out at Blandair Park for the NHSLN games. Yeah, there are 12 teams in the competition instead of four. No McDonogh, though.

In the semifinals, St. Paul's School for Girls beat Stone Ridge 9-3, and Archbishop Carroll took a 10-1 halftime lead in beating Glenelg Country School 14-5. Finals on Thursday evening.

I was impressed by Carroll's attack and SPSG's midfield and goaltender. Let's see what happens in the final!
Andersen

Re: National HS tourneys, Farmington CT and Columbia, MD

Post by Andersen »

So happy I got to watch the championship last night on ESPNU. Pretty impressive team performances as well as individual standouts on both sides. St. Paul's jumped out to a 6-1 lead. That Gator offense is fun to watch! Archbishop Carroll battled back after winning a few draw controls and got within 2. ABC has some terrific offensive players, for sure. The Gators pulled away in the second half. I'm unsure of the final score, maybe in the neighborhood of 14-8? Looked like a beautiful night for lacrosse.
totc

Post by totc »

It was 14-7, the final. St. Paul's was able to win draws and score; very impressive side. No wonder they won the IAAM Flight "A" title. Carroll was unlucky on a couple of occasions and could have brought the game to within one in a key juncture of the match but for a pipe.

(Note: I'm calling them by their HS names rather than the camouflaged club names.)
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Nice showing by ABC!! What happened to all the teams that were originally supposed to play? I only saw MD teams and 2 PA teams on the schedule, only about 50% of what was originally listed?

live - edit, looks like I didn't notice there were 2 different HS tournaments going on
totc

Post by totc »

There were 12 girls' teams. They played in two pools with the top two teams playing the semis before the final.

There was also a boys' tournament.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”