New Jersey 2020 lacrosse

HS Girls Lacrosse
Delco Transplant

New Jersey 2020 lacrosse

Post by Delco Transplant »

Seems like a wide open year in New Jersey. It will be interesting to see how the year plays out with the new non-public groups added.

Allow me to vent on two issues:

- It is ridiculous that the boys TOC final is scheduled for Saturday, June 13th, but the girls TOC final is scheduled for MONDAY, June 8th
https://www.njsiaa.org/sports/lacrosse
- Sad to see Pennsylvania prep school Agnes Irwin back out of its yearly match up with Moorestown
(https://www.agnesirwin.org/athletics/te ... eam-id/124)
Last edited by Delco Transplant on Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
njbill

Re: New Jersey 2020 lacrosse

Post by njbill »

Grass allergy?
Delco Transplant

Hoping that there are still some NJ girls high school lacrosse fans on FanLax other than NJBill and me! :?:

In my earlier post I noted that the the boys TOC final is scheduled for Saturday, June 13th, but the girls TOC final is scheduled for MONDAY, June 8th

https://www.njsiaa.org/sports/lacrosse
https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/202 ... ormat.html

On January 30, 2020, I submitted the following question to the NJSIAA:

Why is the girls' TOC lacrosse championship game scheduled for a Monday (June 8), but the boys' lacrosse TOC championship game is scheduled on a Saturday (June 13)? The TOC finals have been held on the same Saturday for boys and girls the past few years. Saturdays are far more convenient for parents and the more importantly, the players (as many of the NJ public schools are still in session). It is inherently unfair that the boys are being shown preferential treatment with a Saturday TOC final and the girls have the Monday TOC final.

I received this response from Kim DeGraw-Cole, NJSIAA Assistant Director that same day (1/30):

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I encourage you to contact the Moorestown athletic director who may want to share the same with the NJSIAA Girls Lacrosse Committee in the future. The committee voted changes to the tournament structure, classifications and held to the earlier date structure. The NJSIAA Boys Lacrosse Committee decided to start later in the year and end later. We will once again review the tournament at the end of the season as we prepare for the 2021 season.
Best wishes to Moorestown girls lacrosse.
Respectfully,

Kim DeGraw-Cole

I then emailed the members of the NJSIAA Girls Lacrosse Committee on 1/30:

Dear NJSIAA Girls Lacrosse Committee Members –

Thank you for your service. My apologies if there have been changes in the committee membership and I have the wrong committee members. I reviewed the publicly available minutes from the June 11, 2019 committee meeting for the latest listing of the committee members.

I am writing to request that the Committee strongly reconsider the date of the TOC girls’ lacrosse championship (Monday, June 8th). As I am sure, you are aware, the boys' lacrosse TOC championship game is scheduled for a Saturday (June 13). The TOC finals have been held on the same Saturday for boys and girls the past few years. Saturdays are far more convenient for parents and the more importantly, the players - as many, if not all of, of the NJ public schools are still in session. Did the boys and girls lacrosse committees meet to discuss the coordination of the TOC finals dates?

You will see that I emailed NJSIAA below and received a response from NJSIAA Assistant Director, Kim DeGraw-Cole, that the concerns should be shared with the NJSIAA Girls Lacrosse Committee.

Thank you for your consideration.

I never received a response to my email to the NJSIAA Girls Lacrosse Committee. This past week, two of the top Division I women’s programs (Syracuse and Maryland) rescheduled a game and moved its location more than 350 miles in less than 24 hours. Surely, the NJSIAA Girls Lacrosse Committee can reschedule the state TOC final date with 3 months’ notice.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Delco Transplant wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:54 am Hoping that there are still some NJ girls high school lacrosse fans on FanLax other than NJBill and me! :?:
There are. HS Lacrosse is just quiet right now...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

12 girls lacrosse storylines we’d be glued to if a season took place in 2020
Caddy Day
njbill

Post by njbill »

nj.com has done a nice job this spring with a series of articles mainly about players. While the school year and sports season has not yet been officially canceled, that seems all but inevitable now. I’ll be sorry to not get a chance to see so many of the stellar Jersey seniors play this year.
Delco Transplant

Some positive perspective from the new head of the NJSIAA - Colleen Maguire. Quality person, who is a refreshing change in leadership

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/202 ... -safe.html
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Jersey Strong: Four local lacrosse standouts take team to national championships
The Sun Newspapers
Blake, Lawler, Monaco and Russo helped fuel New Jersey to victory in the All-America Lacrosse East Super Regional Event last month. With the win, ...

Caddy Day

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”