2020 Virginia Public GLAX

HS Girls Lacrosse
VALaxer

Re: 2020 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by VALaxer »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:28 pm
VALaxer wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:23 am Fall Brawl was this past weekend. First chance for wide action for the 2020-2021 squads for a number of schools. No fans were allowed :( , but did get some reports from the Varsity Elite session last evening (Groups F and G if you are following on Tourney Machine).

No surprise as Ireton went 5-0, with Riverside and PVI giving them their biggest challenges.

Riverside and Dominion both looked strong and looked like the teams to beat this year in Class 5 and 4. Game of the night may have been Riverside beating Dominion in a braveheart. The Rams looked like they may have had most of their full squad out (deep bench), while others seemed to have more tournament teams for 7v7 format. May have helped the Rams a little last night with new COVID doubleheaders (back-to-back games) teams had to play this year with the shorter in-and-out format.
I believe that the Rams had two Varsity level teams and yes there were a lot of players. Robo Coaches will have a large pool to pick from assuming we have a 2021 season. Even though it wasn't supposed to happen, the Rams had a back-to-back-to-back, so the depth did help ;-)
I had heard it about the Riverside Rams, but I see Robo, Woodson and Oakton also had teams in the Varsity Open division (E) on Sunday evening as well.

Also heard the same sentiments about how the results on any given day could flip around with the Class 6 publics. WTW was 1-4, but lost 2 games by 1 goal (Riverside and West Spring (in a braveheart) and one by 2 (Oakton). Westies won by 1 over WTW but lost by 1 to Oakton.

Agree that small side and field format made hitting the quick tight passes key as there was not a lot of room. What I hear is that those that hit them in a game would win, miss a couple and they were in trouble and that could lead to 2-3 goal swings. That kind of stuff should get cleaned up in full field games in the spring with practices. Eitherway, it was good to see the top schools back out there in some kind of lacrosse playing each other after losing last Spring. :D

Rumor is winter indoor at St James is supposed to start in a week or two. We will see what happens with the pandemic and who may be in it this year. A lot of the top teams were in it last year.
FSUFan

Post by FSUFan »

Thanks for the updates Doc. Fall Brawl was fun despite no playoffs. Hope things get back to normal at some point. ST. James starts this Sunday. McLean Outdoor (Brrrr!!) Box starts soon, too. I see that Valentine Shootout has been pushed to March 20, and is now The Shamrock Shootout.. Fingers crossed that the Spring season starts April 12, and that we HAVE a season!!
Coach Chen left Herndon. That was short-lived! Any idea what happened?! Doc... whats the word on the street?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

FSUFan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:47 am Thanks for the updates Doc. Fall Brawl was fun despite no playoffs. Hope things get back to normal at some point. ST. James starts this Sunday. McLean Outdoor (Brrrr!!) Box starts soon, too. I see that Valentine Shootout has been pushed to March 20, and is now The Shamrock Shootout.. Fingers crossed that the Spring season starts April 12, and that we HAVE a season!!
Coach Chen left Herndon. That was short-lived! Any idea what happened?! Doc... whats the word on the street?
Chen out....hmm nothing that I know right now. I'll put out a few feelers....
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:57 pm
FSUFan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:47 am Thanks for the updates Doc. Fall Brawl was fun despite no playoffs. Hope things get back to normal at some point. ST. James starts this Sunday. McLean Outdoor (Brrrr!!) Box starts soon, too. I see that Valentine Shootout has been pushed to March 20, and is now The Shamrock Shootout.. Fingers crossed that the Spring season starts April 12, and that we HAVE a season!!
Chen out....hmm nothing that I know right now. I'll put out a few feelers....
Haven't heard anything about Chen/Herndon, but I'm hearing there may be another coach that left another school....only have one source, so I cant elaborate....
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Maybe BlockedShot can comment. I think they were/are a Herndon fan.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”