Why is the IWLCA President's Cup in Texas this weekend?

HS Girls Lacrosse
LarryGamLax

Why is the IWLCA President's Cup in Texas this weekend?

Post by LarryGamLax »

I don't care if people want to take this as political or not, BUT, why the hell is this event in Texas? That decision makes ZERO sense. The Lone Star state is not the place to be during this Pandemic. Texas has the SECOND HIGHEST amount of COVID cases in the US(courtesy of Staista.com).

Why are the coaches doing this? Don't they care about the players? They should have changed this venue a long time ago.

Your thoughts, and no pushback from me. I want to know why you're okay with this and will your daughter be at the Event?
cltlax

Re: Why is the IWLCA President's Cup in Texas this weekend?

Post by cltlax »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:36 pm I don't care if people want to take this as political or not, BUT, why the hell is this event in Texas? That decision makes ZERO sense. The Lone Star state is not the place to be during this Pandemic. Texas has the SECOND HIGHEST amount of COVID cases in the US(courtesy of Staista.com).

Why are the coaches doing this? Don't they care about the players? They should have changed this venue a long time ago.

Your thoughts, and no pushback from me. I want to know why you're okay with this and will your daughter be at the Event?
That's where the IWLCA Convention is being held this year.

My daughter will be playing in Presidents Cup. She's fully vaccinated (as am I), so I'm comfortable with us being there. She's a 2024, so this is an important event to get her recruiting kicked into gear.
Ilivehere

Post by Ilivehere »

I’ll bite on this one. This is purely my opinion- IWLCA moved the tourney from Florida after the fall out with Corrigan and to avoid the other tournaments that had popped-up (translate IWLCA wanted all the money). It needed a warm climate and well Texas is halfway between each coast. However, what IWLCA didn’t anticipate was the political downfall of Texas. I did hear it tried to backpedal, but the wheels were to far in motion. Embarrassing for the organization- absolutely.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

First year in 6 that I didn't have to pay for that tourney.. 👍🥍
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Postmortem: Dallas airport was not prepared for the crush of girls lacrosse players on Friday and Sunday. Rental car lines on Friday were taking almost an hour. On Sunday when we dropped off our car, we waited for 3 shuttles to the terminal before giving up and taking an Uber.

The fields at MoneyGram Soccer Complex were immaculate - looked like a golf course. Harold Patterson, no so much.

The biggest disappointment was the organizers put the 2024s and 2023s at opposite complexes on Saturday and Sunday, preventing coaches from being able to watch both age groups.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

The National Cup is the tournament that was supposed to compete head to head with the Prez Cup and is being held in Tampa, Fla. December 5th. Not to be too political as Gamlax stated but Florida is a great state to have this tournament as it is open with very few mandates and no masks required. Apparantly they are following the science which shows that kids have a 99.99% chance of survival. Imagine that. Welcome to real America!
ckstevenson

Post by ckstevenson »

cltlax wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:23 am Postmortem: Dallas airport was not prepared for the crush of girls lacrosse players on Friday and Sunday. Rental car lines on Friday were taking almost an hour. On Sunday when we dropped off our car, we waited for 3 shuttles to the terminal before giving up and taking an Uber.

The fields at MoneyGram Soccer Complex were immaculate - looked like a golf course. Harold Patterson, no so much.

The biggest disappointment was the organizers put the 2024s and 2023s at opposite complexes on Saturday and Sunday, preventing coaches from being able to watch both age groups.
That doesn't seem to be a Dallas airport issue, that seems to be most of the US with rental cars, FWIW.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”