2020 Fantasy League TWO

2020 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Matnum PI

2020 Fantasy League TWO

Post by Matnum PI »

The plan is to have another Fantasy League. The consensus is to have a mirror image of the current Fantasy League, League ONE. i.e. The new Fantasy League will be a keeper league. So, for the 2020 season, we will have two similar but completely separate league.

1- League TWO is it's own league. It is not connected to League ONE in any way except...
2- The coach that wins League Two will have the option of taking over the team of the coach that finishes at the bottom of League ONE. (If the coach that wins League TWO is already a coach in League ONE, the #2 finisher will have the promotion option. If the #2 is a League ONE coach, then #3. etc.
You can see how we teams are ranked by looking at our Draft Order system.)
3- These are the current 2020 Fantasy Lacrosse League TWO coaches (below). Let me know if you want to join this League. All are welcome and, as you'll notice, some coaches are in both leagues: League ONE and League TWO.

1 dleathers11
2 steelersfanerik
3 Lax1
4 DU-Fan
5 nyrcupbaby
6 jbaxter82
7 Keoni007
8 NJLaxx11
9 Matnum PI
10 UK Lax (nathanc21)
11 cornfed44

We have more who expressed interest and we're just waiting for them to confirm. Like League ONE, we'll cap the number of coaches at 20 but I don't anticipate us having that many coaches in 2020.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2020 New Fantasy League

Post by admin »

I think this is great. Numerous coaches liked the Promotion/Relegation idea when it was brought up previously and this seems like a good way to do it. Also, for years, we've struggled with accommodating new coaches and this definitely helps. I like this.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Forgot to mention, the Drafts will be run simultaneously. Keeping in mind, the New League is starting from scratch so... They'll be behind the Current League in their picks.
Caddy Day
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fantasy League TWO Coaches:

This 2019 Leading Scorers list should help enormously with your Draft. Keep in mind, the seniors on this list graduated.
Lax1

Re: 2020 Fantasy League TWO

Post by Lax1 »

I’m Casey you can start listing me as lax1
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, Lax1. Updated.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:06 am 2- If the New Fantasy League has 20 coaches/teams, like the current Fantasy League, we could have the two leagues play each other. With this said, the Current League Draft may be very different than the New League Draft in terms of "quality picks" and, as a consequence, a team in one of the leagues may have a distinct competitive advantage. With this said, if both leagues have 20 teams and the Drafts are equally competitive, maybe, in the play-offs, we could have the teams from the two Leagues match-up.
The new league's teams will definitely be better from the beginning, because they're drafting players who've already shown success in college. The balance of the teams in the two leagues should even out after 3-4 years once the top current college players graduate and the teams in the new league are forced to draft mostly freshmen like we do in League One.
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:06 am 3- If the New Fantasy League has 20 coaches/teams and the Drafts are equally competitive, we could (and I believe should) set up a Promotion/Relegation system. i.e. The Current League would be the Top League. The New League would be the, so to speak, Second Division. At the conclusion of the season, one (or two) of the Top League's coaches would be dropped to the New League while one (or two) of the New League coaches would be promoted to the Top League. (You can't promote and relegate teams, as opposed to coaches, because I think having Michael Sowers on two teams in the same league will be a problem. Even if the Drafts from the two leagues are 100% equally competitive, I think question marks as to "how that coach got Michael Sowers and Michael Krauss" would linger.)
The problem, as you point out, is that a team in the new league (League Two) will be promoted to League One and that team may have Joey Epstein, Chase Scanlan and Matt Brandau, and all those players are already taken by teams in League One. So, my suggestion is that the promoted team loses all of its players that are already on a League One roster. Just like in English soccer, being promoted is a great accomplishment, but being in the Premier League is HARD. The promoted team from League Two can have compensatory picks, like how Typical Lax Dad and WeWantMore had compensatory picks before the draft. Also, the team relegated from League One gets to keep their players when they enter League Two and the League Two teams that share players with the newly relegated team loses tho players. At least for a few years League Two teams are at an advantage over League One teams, because their draft this year will be full of good players. Their not going to have rosters like mine with guys who never panned out. At least not for a few years.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

What about the top League TWO coach and the bottom League ONE coach switch seats. i.e. The teams stay intact, just the coaches switch teams.
Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:22 am What about the top League TWO coach and the bottom League ONE coach switch seats. i.e. The teams stay intact, just the coaches switch teams.
I didn't consider that. That seems simpler.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Plus, allows League Two to simply do their own thing without number of teams concerns, etc.

Also, by definition, he'd have the first pick in the coming season. A nice bonus.
Caddy Day
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

First/Original post updated.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Matt,

I am in. Notify me

I like having the manager only move up eg no team members.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:05 am Plus, allows League Two to simply do their own thing without number of teams concerns, etc.

Also, by definition, he'd have the first pick in the coming season. A nice bonus.
The only negative would be taking over the bottom team could leave you in a super weak position (effectively taking over the leagues weakest team) for all your hard work..... maybe as well as first draft pick the promoted team gets 1 pre-draft pick? Then they are reward for their promotion like a little cash boost for an extra pre season transfers if we compared it to premier league and championship in football. Otherwise seems like a good plan to me to have them separate by that one link.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A #1 Pick plus the rest of the Draft seems like enough wiggle room to move out of the basement. For Year Two, they should be relatively on their feet. i.e. I don't think they need a pre-Draft pick. Keep in mind, the new teams that got a pre-Draft pick had literally zero players on their roster.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I think you have it right.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:32 pm A #1 Pick plus the rest of the Draft seems like enough wiggle room to move out of the basement. For Year Two, they should be relatively on their feet. i.e. I don't think they need a pre-Draft pick. Keep in mind, the new teams that got a pre-Draft pick had literally zero players on their roster.
No worries was just a thought
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm moving this discussion to here so we don't need to talk in two places.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Where is the current list of NCAA Teams that we draft from?

The link on this page seems to be old and does not work: http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2018/01/29/fan ... e-rules-2/

participating FanLax NCAA team: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

I know keeping stats is tough without great web tools like Fantasy Football, etc.

But, have we ever considered adding some things like?

Goalies (+2 for a Save, -1 for a Goals Allowed)
Fielding Stats (.5 for GB, -1 TO, +1 for CTO)

We could add Defensive Players with Fielding Stats

Return to “2020 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”