Re: Draft Question

2020 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DRAFT QUESTION: Historically, I've provided, so to speak, cheat sheets for the Draft. My question is... Should I be doing this? Is this too much like discussing players during the draft (which we shun)? I think I started doing this because I was pouring over the players every week while doing the scores and I felt like I was getting an unfair advantage. i.e. I have the League Spreadsheet so... I shared most everything, if not everything (except the "Matt's Draft" tab), so that I wouldn't have an unfair advantage. Currently, we share more than just what's on the Spreadsheet. Any thoughts?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Personally I don’t like it, listing all the undrafted players in an article is basically (not quite due to different team needs) saying pick me then me then me...I feel if you’re in this game you should at least have to do a little work and not just have it laid out for you. The information is there but would be nice to have to get it yourself and not just level the playing field.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think another reason we had cheat sheets was to make sure that no teams tanked.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I am in favor of keeping them. There is quite a bit of work involved anyway. Not everyone has the time to develop them for reasons like family life, jobs etc for this year for me travel and various family responsibilities. I am not going to be doing draft prep on my trips beginning soon. I think leveling the playing field’s base is a good thing. We have had people not even begin to prepare by the time the draft was about to begin. It’s data call of a judgment call based on data. I think it elevates competitiveness rather than distracting from it those who can do it should probably vote against and others should vote in favor. How much time do you have?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OCanada, agreed. I think if you look at the lists, you'll see there are plenty of boobie traps. i.e. If you follow these lists blindly, you'll lose.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

So, unless anyone has any objections, the plan for the 2020 fantasy season is...

1- Fantasy League - For the Keeper League, business as usual. No new fantasy teams, no new NCAA teams, Draft is scheduled to start on September 15, etc. The only change, which isn't really a change, is that some teams may have co-coaches that are new coaches to our league.
2- New Fantasy League - Separately, for the 2020 season, we're going to have a completely different fantasy league. (Obviously, it's possible that coaches from this 2nd League may fill vacated spots in the Original League but, currently, these two leagues are simply running in parallel. Details of the New Fantasy League are TBD. (I want to leave this to the coaches of the New Fantasy League.) Keeper, non-Keeper, etc.
3- All coaches have these options:
a. If you're in the Fantasy League and also want to be in the New Fantasy League, let me know.
b. If you're a new coach and want to be a co-coach in the Fantasy League, let me know.
c. If you're a new coach and want to be a coach (with no co-coach) in the New Fantasy League, let me know.
d. If you're a new coach and want to be a co-coach in the Fantasy League and a coach (with no co-coach) in the New Fantasy League, let me know.

That's it. Let me know.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “2020 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”