Washington College 23

D3 Mens Lacrosse
WASHFAN

Washington College 23

Post by WASHFAN »

Been seeing slow drips of recruiting profiles from the Shoreman, anybody have any color on the new guys?
westernbestern

Re: Washington College 23

Post by westernbestern »

Based on their instagram/inside lacrosse page here is the announced players so far. Don't see a face-off guy on there.

Attack -
Cam Carrigan - John Carroll
Braeden Kasemayer - Calvert Hall
Grant Matthews - Lynchburg/St Pauls
Zach Mullins - Apex Friendship (NC)
Connor Philistine - John Carroll

Midfield -
Owen Boone - Winters Mill (MD)
Tom Merritt - Union/Bethesda Chevy Chase (MD)
Logan Trombley - John Carroll
Allan Szydlowski - Frederick Gunn (CT)

Defense -
Jack Fried - McDonogh
Ben Hazlehurst - Friends School
Nasir Obey - Tatnall (DE)

Goalie -
Hunter Shank - Swansboro (NC)
Kyle Wolchok - Notre Dame (CT)
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Schedules up. Lot of home games which is great….i like the OOC…good teams but manageable. Really disappointed not to see a F/O recruit come in. That was one of the must haves. Looking forward to updates coming out of Fall Ball..
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Like that class, very much.
I don't want to put too much public pressure on these kids, or put too heavy of an expectation on it, but I see at least a few kids in that class who should have very nice careers at WC. :D
westernbestern

Post by westernbestern »

Heard the Shoremen started fall ball this week. Interested to hear how they look going into year 2 of Nostrant era.

I came across their 2023 commits on Inside Lacrosse, already have 9 which is a lot more than this time last year!

Colin Gray - Goalie - Broadneck (MD), PLC
https://www.hudl.com/profile/16009474/Colin-Gray

Brian Blanche - D/LSM - La Salle (PA), Dukes LC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3_ak2r3XP4

Patrick Rodgers - D/LSM - Gilman (MD), Looneys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVaKuDDEP_U

Jake Bryson - D/LSM - Wilmington Friends (DE), Team Eighteen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPWx-JroVtg

Connor Updegraff - D/LSM - Red Land (PA), White Rose LC
https://www.hudl.com/profile/14408026/connor-updegraff

Reeve Hargrave - M - Boy's Latin (MD), Breakers
https://imlca.sportsrecruits.com/athlete/reeve_hargrave

Landon Craley - M - Red Lion (PA), Team Money
https://www.hudl.com/profile/15852868/landon-craley

Tuck Levanis - A/M - Boys Latin (MD), Koopers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfO8t-eESfk&t=77s

Hunter Silvaggio - M - Conestoga Valley (PA), White Rose LC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpdffiby74A
kirbysmart14

Post by kirbysmart14 »

WAC schedule for 2023 should be interesting. Very solid out-of-conference slate coupled with the Centennial.

Looking forward to the Red Dragons of Cortland making their way to the shore, and of course, Chestertown hosting WOTS in mid-April.
westernbestern

Post by westernbestern »

kirbysmart14 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:08 pm WAC schedule for 2023 should be interesting. Very solid out-of-conference slate coupled with the Centennial.

Looking forward to the Red Dragons of Cortland making their way to the shore, and of course, Chestertown hosting WOTS in mid-April.
Doesn't look like there is a pre-season scrimmage. Interesting....

Have heard lots of positives from some of the people I have spoken with though!
kirbysmart14

Post by kirbysmart14 »

Monumental weekend for the Shoremen coming up

Randolph Macon @ 7 on Friday @ Kibler Field

SUNY Cortland (!!!) @ 1 on Sunday @ Kibler Field

That quick turnaround will be tough, but if the Shoremen can win both games, they will be 5-1 and should be receiving votes in the Top 20. The team looks much improved from last year and years past from the games I have tuned in to watch....

Really wish I could make it down to Chestertown this weekend, but I have a wedding in Long Island :roll:
homerfan14

Post by homerfan14 »

Cortland will be a great test for WC. Tough matchup with only one day rest against what I expect to be ranked in the top20 this week. Looking forward to the game
RollShore82

Post by RollShore82 »

The boys are looking good at 3-1 and I still don't think they have put together a complete game yet. If they can do it this weekend and win both games it should be a huge momentum boost as they gear up for conference play.
kirbysmart14

Post by kirbysmart14 »

Was able to catch some of the live stream of the game against Randolph Macon, a resounding performance as they reach 4-1 with a 15-7 win. :D

A huge test will be Sunday at 1:00, against Cortland, a game I am sure most alumni will be tuned in to.

It is clear that Nostrant and Co. have the program heading back in the right direction, with already as many wins as 2022. As a alumni it is great to see the program back on the up and up.
kirbysmart14

Post by kirbysmart14 »

Solid win 14-6 over Mary Washington for WAC on Saturday bringing the boys to 5-2.

One more out of conference game (Oberlin) on Wednesday and then Centennial Conference play begins with McDaniel on Saturday.
kirbysmart14

Post by kirbysmart14 »

Shoremen defeat the Green Terror of McDaniel yesterday bringing their record to 7-2 on the year :o . I heard the 2003 team was honored at halftime.

Important next game in Chestertown against Haverford on Wednesday and then Muhlenberg on Saturday at 7:00 PM in Allentown :D .

Clearing is looking better, the Shomen can score in bunches, and faceoffs are night and day compared to last year. Really intrigued to see how the Shomen do this week. As an alum it is great to see the program headed back in the right direction.

Hoping that the SUNY Cortland game was just a one time thing for this group.
Last edited by kirbysmart14 on Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notjeffshirk

Post by notjeffshirk »

Wednesday's game in Chestertown is going to be a hearty test, the centennial conference has no easy outs.

That being said, I think the Shoremen show up and win 14-8 -- Haverford has struggled to score all season, WAC's defense seems to be finding their rhythm. (Mcdaniel scoring 4, UMW scoring 6)

Fingers crossed, we'll be watching!
DuelingBanjos

Post by DuelingBanjos »

Have been impressed with how the boys have looked so far this year. Definitely have exceeded my expectations for them so far.

That being said….I’m still concerned at how things are going to look when they come up against competition that’s consistently good….like the stretch of games they’re about to encounter. Will definitely be a big step to see just how far they’ve come, but the positive signs are there for sure.
Frank Rizzo

Post by Frank Rizzo »

DuelingBanjos wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:54 am Have been impressed with how the boys have looked so far this year. Definitely have exceeded my expectations for them so far.

That being said….I’m still concerned at how things are going to look when they come up against competition that’s consistently good….like the stretch of games they’re about to encounter. Will definitely be a big step to see just how far they’ve come, but the positive signs are there for sure.
Ending the season going 0-7 in the last 7 games i going to be brutal
notjeffshirk

Post by notjeffshirk »

Interesting take Frank
Last edited by notjeffshirk on Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuelingBanjos

Post by DuelingBanjos »

While 0-7 isn’t out of the question, I think enough pieces are there that they can steal one of those games off the schedule…..looking at Swat/Ursinus in particular, especially if Corrigan has one of his games where he stands on his head.

But, I definitely think they’ll have some score lines in that stretch that might not be the most flattering, but we’ll see
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

DuelingBanjos wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:28 pm While 0-7 isn’t out of the question, I think enough pieces are there that they can steal one of those games off the schedule…..looking at Swat/Ursinus in particular, especially if Corrigan has one of his games where he stands on his head.

But, I definitely think they’ll have some score lines in that stretch that might not be the most flattering, but we’ll see
Despite the 8-2 start to the season, we still need to look at this from a program rebuilding perspective. The final stretch of the season is likely to be a difficult one for WAC. 0-7 seems unlikely, but a 2-5 or 1-6 finish to the season seems the most plausible outcome. Given that, the team is looking at a 10-7 or 9-8 overall record for 2023. When we hired Coach Nostrant, this was exactly the type of progress we were hoping for and expecting. It was not going to be an overnight turn around. This team was 0-7 and 2-6 in the final two seasons for Coach Shirk; which included losses to the likes of Illinois Wesleyan. Simply, the program was in a bad way. Coach Nostrant has recruited well, scheduled strategically, and done a phenomenal job bringing the alumni and community back together. Last night's performance was helter skelter at times. Sloppy. But, minus the lack of athleticism at the faceoff dot, this is the most athletic and fit this team has looked in a few years. Most of the alums and supporters are pleased with the overall trajectory of the program and I don't think the final stretch of this schedule is going to change that. Rome wasn't built in a day.
laxdad4394

Post by laxdad4394 »

Loved the move by Nostrant of running a zone against Muhlenberg. Is this a thing he does a lot?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”