C2C & NJAC Joining Together

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Noz

C2C & NJAC Joining Together

Post by Noz »

The 2 conferences have officially combined to form new lacrosse conference. Members are: UMW, CNU, Salisbury, Stockton, Montclair, & Kean. Must wait 2-years for the AQ. Each team play once in regular season; then, post season to determine the AQ.
DeepPocket

Re: C2C & NJAC Joining Together

Post by DeepPocket »

It’s about 6.5 hours from the Kean/Montclair area to CNU…
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Never understood this whole waiting for AQ thing. How do you expect to recruit kids especially like kean and Stockton and be like “hey if you come here we’re only playing for a conference championship until your junior year then we have a shot to go to the dance if we win the conference”.Just sounds like a big turnoff to me. You can say that the conference chip means something or they could get a pool bid in but realistically its hard to go play at those schools for no real reward since CNU and Salisbury basically lock up 2 bids during the no AQ phase and are a a giant mountain for them to climb over.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Tightyrighty wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:42 pm Never understood this whole waiting for AQ thing. How do you expect to recruit kids especially like kean and Stockton and be like “hey if you come here we’re only playing for a conference championship until your junior year then we have a shot to go to the dance if we win the conference”.Just sounds like a big turnoff to me. You can say that the conference chip means something or they could get a pool bid in but realistically its hard to go play at those schools for no real reward since CNU and Salisbury basically lock up 2 bids during the no AQ phase and are a a giant mountain for them to climb over.
to be fair - kean, MSU and stockton haven't had problems recruting. all 3 teams have been in the tourney in the recent past. they're all public colleges in NJ - they get solid talent.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

I'm always about competition. AQ shouldn't matter (who knows what would happen with a pool birth if say Stockton split with Salisbury or CNU in the next couple years) and I would welcome playing in the conference and use it as a measuring stick of where we are as a program and how far we need to go.

I think it also helps more then it hurts when it comes to recruiting.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
ergit

Post by ergit »

100% correct.
A quality, competitive and relevant conference is good for recruiting and good for the level of lacrosse being played. I think it is a wise move for all concerned.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

I believe the move for MSU, Kean and Stockton is a great one for the athletes. The games they played in CSAC were hard to get excited about. When you beat teams 30-2 that is no fun for anyone.

So now those coaches can say they play 2 of the best teams in the country. And the salvage the instate rivalries they have between MSU, Kean and Stockton
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Seems like a real plus for the NJ schools, at least lax wise.

Other than a long bus trip every other year I'm not sure how it benefits Salisbury, CNU and MWU lax wise?

Currently they pick up a Group B and C spot for the NCAAs. New conference they get AQ and Group C.

Could somebody please explain the rational for this.
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Playing in a stable conference with an AQ provides all schools involved with guarantees in regards to games, competition, and post season awards.

As long as Salisbury and CNU stay on the trajectory they are on they are pretty much always guaranteed a pool A and C bid within this new conference. If they stayed in a non AQ conference (C2C) they run the risk of potentially having a down year by there own standards and not making the NCAA tournament.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

This is a great move for the NJ teams but, I am not sure that they will make the tourney any time soon as CNU is on an upward trajectory and Salisbury is one of the best programs in D3. Having to play them every year will be fighting for 3rd place.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

I think it's a shame that SMCM jumped ship so fast. They would have been another good public school for this conference.

I think it is a win for both sides. To start, saying you won a conference championship means a lot more with 6 teams rather than 3. And an AQ is always a good thing, it gives the teams on the edge of the playoffs chance of life. Anything can happen post season.
Leonard Washington

The boost in SOS will help out tremendously. Also there are a few teams that make the tournament without winning their conference and finishing in 3rd place. All it takes is one upset in conference (I know, easier said then done). Keep your RPI high , challenge your team outside the conference and keep your in region wins up.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

So interesting turn of events...

https://c2csports.com/general/2022-23/r ... 0718odnmbk

Does the new lacrosse conference bring the Owls onboard as well?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Warren Wilson to Kean, about 10 hours…
Leonard Washington

SneaksBeac wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:22 pm Does the new lacrosse conference bring the Owls onboard as well?
The article doesn't mention men's lacrosse as a sponsored sport otherwise I'd say they would almost have to.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

SneaksBeac wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:22 pm So interesting turn of events...

https://c2csports.com/general/2022-23/r ... 0718odnmbk

Does the new lacrosse conference bring the Owls onboard as well?
Mary Washington wanted a win... Im joking. That would be a disaster for their MLAX program. C2C is man "Outsiders" Conference. WW is just trying to survive because its a dying school
Leonard Washington

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:43 pm
Mary Washington wanted a win... Im joking. That would be a disaster for their MLAX program. C2C is man "Outsiders" Conference. WW is just trying to survive because its a dying school
Mary Washington would get at least 3 wins in this conference if Warren Wilson actually joins for MLAX.

May have to strike from the record what I said about SOS if that happens :lol:

What MLAX team in the C2C/NJAC doesn't beat Warren Wilson by 20-25 a game? Answer., all of them
Slim

Post by Slim »

No mens lacrosse at WW...only womens.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

I know it is unlikely, but I really hope that Warren Wilson doesn't join this lacrosse conference. That drive for any of the teams is ridiculous. Especially for a team that lost by 17 to FERRUM!!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”