Landmark Conference 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
FaceDodge

Re: Landmark Conference 2023

Post by FaceDodge »

Am I the only person who sees Juniata but hears Juanita College in his head?

Fun Fact: Per Wikipedia...

The word "Juniata" is thought to be a corruption of the Iroquoian word Onayutta, meaning "Standing Stone". There was a large standing stone where the town of Huntingdon now stands. It was reportedly 14.5 feet (4.4 m) tall and contained carvings recording the history of the local Juniata Tribe.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

FaceDodge wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:11 pm Am I the only person who sees Juniata but hears Juanita College in his head?

The word "Juniata" is thought to be a corruption of the Iroquoian word Onayutta, meaning "Standing Stone". There was a large standing stone where the town of Huntingdon now stands. It was reportedly 14.5 feet (4.4 m) tall and contained carvings recording the history of the local Juniata Tribe.
My wife continues to call it Juanita College.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

laxdad30 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:45 pm
FaceDodge wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:11 pm Am I the only person who sees Juniata but hears Juanita College in his head?

Laxdad, any updates on the Goucher HC front?
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:19 pm
laxdad30 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:45 pm

Laxdad, any updates on the Goucher HC front?
I have been sworn to secrecy by the AD, BUT I can say they are down to 3 candidates. Some of it has leaked but I wont say til its official. Interviews should be done this week baring any setbacks. 4 Athletes are meeting with the prospective coaches via zoom. One last week and 2 this week.

Hope to know soon so they can start recruiting and meeting the team.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Kevin Crowley will be going to Stevens Tech next year.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

nevadajoe wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:58 pm Kevin Crowley will be going to Stevens Tech next year.
Crowley will be joined by his high school teammate, goalie Ryan Leahy, who is transferring in to Stevens Tech from Washington College.
Laxcode99

Post by Laxcode99 »

nevadajoe wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:58 pm Kevin Crowley will be going to Stevens Tech next year.

Sounds like Crowley found out that he is too slow/skinny to ever crack a D1 lineup even in his 6th season of college lacrosse. I’m sure the 24 year old will have lots of fun scoring goals against 18 and 19 year olds in the MAC Freedom. LOL.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Good for Crowley getting masters degree from Stevens will set him up nicely!! Bachelors from Catholic and Masters from Stevens. Pretty impressive!
the_fish_whist1er

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

Laxcode99 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:54 pm

Sounds like Crowley found out that he is too slow/skinny to ever crack a D1 lineup even in his 6th season of college lacrosse. I’m sure the 24 year old will have lots of fun scoring goals against 18 and 19 year olds in the MAC Freedom. LOL.
I am sure he will have a ton of fun doing so, while getting a master's of finance right across the river from the finance capital of the world. "LOL." Not a bad gig if you ask me.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Hey Laxcode99 - Not good to just make assumptions as to what Crowley even explored in his search for his next school. You make it sound like all D1 players are incredible lax studs. Simply not true. I'm sure he could have got some time on a lower end D1 team. Perhaps he never really strongly considered transferring to a D1 school in the first place. I'm sure he will have a lot of fun scoring a bunch of goals for Stevens. Stevens will probably make the NCAA tournament so that will be a nice way to end his career.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

This has to be a joke right?

Comedic genius if so. Anyway, does anyone know if Burns or Ryan are coming back for the Ducks?
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Any word on a Goucher hire?
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:16 am Any word on a Goucher hire?
Son was told yesterday that they will announce their new hire Friday this week.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

laxdad30 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:27 am
LI_Lax14 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:16 am Any word on a Goucher hire?
Son was told yesterday that they will announce their new hire Friday this week.
It is a familiar name and a great hire for Goucher.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Its out. Goucher Hires Kyle Hannan as Head Coach.
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Wow Impressed with that hire. Really hope he could bring that magic back to make the conference overall better. Goucher must’ve reached in those pockets to get him. Wonder why you leave a team like queens who is going up to D1 to head back down but the world may never know.

Laxdad can you say who the other candidates were and how the meetings with the players went like?
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Tightyrighty wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:04 pm Wow Impressed with that hire. Really hope he could bring that magic back to make the conference overall better. Goucher must’ve reached in those pockets to get him. Wonder why you leave a team like queens who is going up to D1 to head back down but the world may never know.

Laxdad can you say who the other candidates were and how the meetings with the players went like?
I dont want to speak for the players. Its not my place. I don't want to possibly get any of the coaches in hot water either. Think about it... How would you feel if you found out your sons head coach was "looking" at other jobs. There are people who know. I will say that the other candidates were all current Head coaches in D3 and one of them would have been a good hire also IMHO. An ODAC coach and a NESCAC coach.
Laxcode99

Post by Laxcode99 »

laxdad30 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:33 pm
Tightyrighty wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:04 pm Wow Impressed with that hire. Really hope he could bring that magic back to make the conference overall better. Goucher must’ve reached in those pockets to get him. Wonder why you leave a team like queens who is going up to D1 to head back down but the world may never know.

I dont want to speak for the players. Its not my place. I don't want to possibly get any of the coaches in hot water either. Think about it... How would you feel if you found out your sons head coach was "looking" at other jobs. There are people who know. I will say that the other candidates were all current Head coaches in D3 and one of them would have been a good hire also IMHO. An ODAC coach and a NESCAC coach.
Very good hire by Goucher. You and your son should be thrilled with the outcome of the search. Hopefully he can bring the program back to what it was.

That’s very interesting to hear that both an ODAC and NESCAC coach were some of the final candidates for the job. I guess Goucher is a more desirable landing spot for coaches than most give them credit for.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Hannan gave as a reason that he loved the area and wanted to be a head coach again. His wife loves the area and was tons of friends here.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”