laxdad30

Landmark Conference 2023

Post by laxdad30 »

A New Year... now GO.
Tightyrighty

Re: Landmark Conference 2023

Post by Tightyrighty »

Long time viewer first time commenter,
Heard through the grapevine Catholics Hillery is making the jump to D2 powerhouse Adelphi. Really cool and I hope he does great things. He’s that guy so hopefully he makes a seamless transition.

For my way way way too early power rankings:
1. Catholic-Yea they lost a lot but think there’s too many horses in the stable to count em out. Sax has his secret sauce. Anyone coming to Catholic has to eat that DMV traffic. Significant advantage
2. Etown- Lost their O and FO. Unsure of their young guys but D is pretty solid and younger. Gotta be hard to recruit compared to the other schools. Porzanski def leaving as shown what a good guy he is.
3. Scranton- Could honestly make some noise with the mix of young and old guys but not sure if hof can put that puzzle together. Maybe less of the office watching and more film prepping
4. Drew- Should go to susq but if they figured out their goalie and D sitch they make the conference tourney. Still leaps and bounds behind the top though
5. Susq- still seemingly young but just don’t think the talent is all there. Not sold on some of their guys. What is a River hawk anyway :lol:
6. Lycoming- newcomer but won’t be anything special. Lost to susq last year so… welcome to the conf
7. Moravian- Nice campus, wish I could say the same about lacrosse. I think they lost their main guys so wonder how they’ll go about replacing
8. Wilkes- came from the same conference as Lycoming with some ugly losses. Not really gonna make much noise I don’t think
9. Goucher- New coach had a LOT on his plate but interested to see what happens. Think it’s just a hard place to get started and going but def are in there dark ages
10. Juniata- Still growing but also hard to compete with 4 guys on a sideline. I tweaked my hamstring thinking about the amount of running those mids do.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

I think the Lycoming Wilkes move isn’t until the 23’-24’ year (Spring 24’ being the first season for lacrosse).

But you’re reminding me to start a MAC 2023 thread, so thanks.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:07 pm I think the Lycoming Wilkes move isn’t until the 23’-24’ year (Spring 24’ being the first season for lacrosse).
You are correct.
Laxcode99

Post by Laxcode99 »

Glad to see the Landmark thread is up for ‘23! Previous poster is correct that both Lycoming and Wilkes won’t compete in the conference until Spring of ‘24. Below are my predictions for the 2023 season.

1. Catholic- the top 3 teams to me are really all interchangeable but I will be putting Catholic at 1 because of Coach Sax and their deep roster. They graduated 20 seniors last year, some could be coming back for a 5th year but I can confirm that Crowley, Dunn, and Hillery(Probably their 3 best players) will not be back. With Catholic’s size and location compared to the other schools in the conference they have a huge advantage and should be at the top of the conference every year.

2. Scranton- Scranton has a ton of talent with many d1 transfers on offense. Both Lukasiewicz and Bouhall are big losses at midfield but the royals return basically every other key contributor. This team for sure has the talent to win the conference but Coach Hof does not have a great reputation as a coach amongst others in the conference. Mitch Kozak and Chris Crapanzo are two front runners for conference POY.

3. Etown- The Blue Jays have experienced a step back from their dominance since the departure head Coach Perzinski. They graduate much of their offense including POY Owen Yake. They also lose first teamers Wes Mills on Defense and Danny Gilbert at FO. I’ve heard a rumor that the Blue Jays are expecting a big time transfer(for a D3 program) who had success in the past at a D1 program. If true I would bump the blue jays up a spot or two. Etown returns a strong young defense and First team selection Brayden Franey in the net.

4. Susquehanna- There is a huge drop off after the top 3 teams but at 4 I have Susquehanna who returns a very young team and looks to return to their form in ‘18 and ‘19 when they made back to back championship game appearances. 2022 ROY Brennan Lorence and FO Ryan Prum are key contributors who return.

5. Drew- The Rangers had a strong building year in 2022 after going winless in 2021. Coach Leanos seems to be doing a good job but the program is still a long way off from competing with the top 3 in the conference. Attackmen Craig Wilkie and Mike Demayo led the team in points in 2022. Both return and will be key pieces in 2023.

6. Moravian- Graduated a lot of key pieces including 6th year defender and 5 time All landmark conference selection (a record that will probably never be broken) defenender Jimmy Schicke as well as 2022 2nd team attackman Connor James. Attackman Trevor Dzama is the most notable returner for the Greyhounds. Not expecting much out of this team in ‘23 by they usually exceed expectations.

7. Goucher- No season in 2021 really hurt this once strong program. The Gophers are looking for a new leader after the departure of Head Coach Brian Kelly. Not a very attractive job at the moment but the program has good tradition and great location.

8. Juniata- Second year program will look to improve from last year. Actually think they had good numbers with over 20 on the roster for a first year program.

The 2023 Landmark season can’t come soon enough. Excited to hear everyone else’s predictions!
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Laxcode99 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:28 pm Glad to see the Landmark thread is up for ‘23! Previous poster is correct that both Lycoming and Wilkes won’t compete in the conference until Spring of ‘24. Below are my predictions for the 2023 season.

1. Catholic- the top 3 teams to me are really all interchangeable but I will be putting Catholic at 1 because of Coach Sax and their deep roster. They graduated 20 seniors last year, some could be coming back for a 5th year but I can confirm that Crowley, Dunn, and Hillery(Probably their 3 best players) will not be back. With Catholic’s size and location compared to the other schools in the conference they have a huge advantage and should be at the top of the conference every year.

2. Scranton- Scranton has a ton of talent with many d1 transfers on offense. Both Lukasiewicz and Bouhall are big losses at midfield but the royals return basically every other key contributor. This team for sure has the talent to win the conference but Coach Hof does not have a great reputation as a coach amongst others in the conference. Mitch Kozak and Chris Crapanzo are two front runners for conference POY.

3. Etown- The Blue Jays have experienced a step back from their dominance since the departure head Coach Perzinski. They graduate much of their offense including POY Owen Yake. They also lose first teamers Wes Mills on Defense and Danny Gilbert at FO. I’ve heard a rumor that the Blue Jays are expecting a big time transfer(for a D3 program) who had success in the past at a D1 program. If true I would bump the blue jays up a spot or two. Etown returns a strong young defense and First team selection Brayden Franey in the net.

4. Susquehanna- There is a huge drop off after the top 3 teams but at 4 I have Susquehanna who returns a very young team and looks to return to their form in ‘18 and ‘19 when they made back to back championship game appearances. 2022 ROY Brennan Lorence and FO Ryan Prum are key contributors who return.

5. Drew- The Rangers had a strong building year in 2022 after going winless in 2021. Coach Leanos seems to be doing a good job but the program is still a long way off from competing with the top 3 in the conference. Attackmen Craig Wilkie and Mike Demayo led the team in points in 2022. Both return and will be key pieces in 2023.

6. Moravian- Graduated a lot of key pieces including 6th year defender and 5 time All landmark conference selection (a record that will probably never be broken) defenender Jimmy Schicke as well as 2022 2nd team attackman Connor James. Attackman Trevor Dzama is the most notable returner for the Greyhounds. Not expecting much out of this team in ‘23 by they usually exceed expectations.

7. Goucher- No season in 2021 really hurt this once strong program. The Gophers are looking for a new leader after the departure of Head Coach Brian Kelly. Not a very attractive job at the moment but the program has good tradition and great location.

8. Juniata- Second year program will look to improve from last year. Actually think they had good numbers with over 20 on the roster for a first year program.

The 2023 Landmark season can’t come soon enough. Excited to hear everyone else’s predictions!
Coach Leanos retired in 2017 after 28 seasons at Drew. Doug Sage was the coach until last year when Dan Leidl took over.

Great to have a new thread for the Landmark.
Laxcode99

Post by Laxcode99 »

nevadajoe wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:09 am
Laxcode99 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:28 pm Glad to see the Landmark thread is up for ‘23! Previous poster is correct that both Lycoming and Wilkes won’t compete in the conference until Spring of ‘24. Below are my predictions for the 2023 season.

Coach Leanos retired in 2017 after 28 seasons at Drew. Doug Sage was the coach until last year when Dan Leidl took over.

Thank you for the correction. Got mixed up with the names.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Laxcode99 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:49 pm
nevadajoe wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:09 am

Thank you for the correction. Got mixed up with the names.
No worries. Great to have you on the Landmark thread.
Laxcode99

Post by Laxcode99 »

Does anyone have more info on who is coming back for a fifth year in the conference? or is pursing a graduate transfer at another program?
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Laxcode99 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:52 pm Does anyone have more info on who is coming back for a fifth year in the conference? or is pursing a graduate transfer at another program?
Lugo (Goalie) for Goucher may be coming back for 5th year but may not play.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

laxdad30 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:54 pm
Laxcode99 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:52 pm Does anyone have more info on who is coming back for a fifth year in the conference? or is pursing a graduate transfer at another program?
Last edited by River Donkey on Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

River Donkey wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:44 pm
This could be a good thing for Goucher if guys decide not to play. There was nobody on that roster worth trying to build around. Tear it down and start over would be the best course of action for them. Start new, new coaches, new players and in no time they will be competitive again.
That's a pretty harsh thing to say. There are some really good players on that team. But hey, that's your opinion.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

laxdad30 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:05 pm
River Donkey wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:44 pm
This could be a good thing for Goucher if guys decide not to play. There was nobody on that roster worth trying to build around. Tear it down and start over would be the best course of action for them. Start new, new coaches, new players and in no time they will be competitive again.
That's a pretty harsh thing to say. There are some really good players on that team. But hey, that's your opinion.
You are100% right. I apologize and will remove it. My frustration with Goucher’s program got the best of me.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

I hear that. My son is on that team so I get a bit protective. lol
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Happy trails Coach Norbo. After one year of competition, Juniata is already looking for a new Head coach.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:50 pm Happy trails Coach Norbo. After one year of competition, Juniata is already looking for a new Head coach.
Wonder what happened there? Did he leave or was he let go?
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Congrats to the 5 Academic All Americans from the conference...

Catholic- Tynan Hilleary, Cam Dunn, Mike Mcshea
Scranton- Cole Lukasiewicz, Mike Grant
Laxcode99

Post by Laxcode99 »

Wow surprising news from Juniata. Hopefully that program can get the right guy for the job. I’m sure they’ll have plenty of applicants.
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

Laxcode99 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:40 pm Wow surprising news from Juniata. Hopefully that program can get the right guy for the job. I’m sure they’ll have plenty of applicants.
What happened?
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

BigFella wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:24 am
Laxcode99 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:40 pm Wow surprising news from Juniata. Hopefully that program can get the right guy for the job. I’m sure they’ll have plenty of applicants.
What happened?
Norbo left.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”