York 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

York 2023

Post by DeepPocket »

After breaking through to the final four, the time has come to look to the future. There will be some big shoes to fill no doubt, though the potential for some key pieces to stick around remains.

This year’s high level performances in critical minutes by freshmen Ben Mayer and JD Townsend, coupled with equally talented freshman Eric Burbank returning from injury, bodes well for future offensive production.

April saw a late 2022 commitment from Brendan Donahue- D - Mt St Joseph (MD). A 6’4” multi-sport defender out of the MIAA-A never hurts.

Incoming 2022 class looks to be;

A/M
Kannon Cobb - M - Trinity Valley School (TX)
Ryan Kazella- A/M- Weddington (NC)
Jack O’Brien- A/M- Huntington (NY)
Riley Zeer - A/M - Alberta Canada / St. George's (RI)
Colton Mahorney - A/M - Dallastown (PA)
Davis Fisher- A - Broadneck (MD)
Luke Campbell- A - Spring Mills (WV)

FO
Scott Marvin - FO - Morristown (NJ)
Jack Hooper - FO/M - Episcopal School of Jacksonville (FL)

G
Nash Womack- G - Episcopal Academy (PA)

D/LSM
Harrison Krywak - D - Huntington (NY)
Colin Kane- LSM/D - Haverford (PA)
CJ Walker- D - Holy Ghost Prep (PA)
Thomas Barton - D/LSM- Radnor (PA)
Brendan Donahue- D- Mt St Joseph (MD)

This weekends PLL games will give York followers added interest as Coach Drenner- Cannons, Coach Witcher (York 18’)- Waterdogs, and Ryan Kennedy (York 22’)- Redwoods, all could potentially see some action.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Asgot

Re: York 2023

Post by Asgot »

well, we know that there are 5 guys that can not come back: RK, Bruno, Gunner, Wolf, and Smith, A couple of players that are moving on but I think that there are only a couple of kids that could come back that aren't, that will be missed.
we will only miss a couple of them.
They have a good returning core of kids on offense plus good young players that will need to take the next step.

On defense, they have good kids to step in for RK and Mason but it will be tough to replace want those two did.

d-middies should be solid bring back 3 of 4 ssdm plus an excellent pole and they have talent at LSM.

Face-offs should be solid and adding 2 more kids to the group will only make it better.

Goalie - should be an interesting battle.

recruits especially on offense have a nice blend of size and speed Some of the defensemen look very good.

Also, heard that the staff is working the portal hard
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Exciting times.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:43 pm After breaking through to the final four, the time has come to look to the future. There will be some big shoes to fill no doubt, though the potential for some key pieces to stick around remains.

This year’s high level performances in critical minutes by freshmen Ben Mayer and JD Townsend, coupled with equally talented freshman Eric Burbank returning from injury, bodes well for future offensive production.

April saw a late 2022 commitment from Brendan Donahue- D - Mt St Joseph (MD). A 6’4” multi-sport defender out of the MIAA-A never hurts.

Incoming 2022 class looks to be;

A/M
Kannon Cobb - M - Trinity Valley School (TX)
Ryan Kazella- A/M- Weddington (NC)
Jack O’Brien- A/M- Huntington (NY)
Riley Zeer - A/M - Alberta Canada / St. George's (RI)
Colton Mahorney - A/M - Dallastown (PA)
Davis Fisher- A - Broadneck (MD)
Luke Campbell- A - Spring Mills (WV)

FO
Scott Marvin - FO - Morristown (NJ)
Jack Hooper - FO/M - Episcopal School of Jacksonville (FL)

G
Nash Womack- G - Episcopal Academy (PA)

D/LSM
Harrison Krywak - D - Huntington (NY)
Colin Kane- LSM/D - Haverford (PA)
CJ Walker- D - Holy Ghost Prep (PA)
Thomas Barton - D/LSM- Radnor (PA)
Brendan Donahue- D- Mt St Joseph (MD)

This weekends PLL games will give York followers added interest as Coach Drenner- Cannons, Coach Witcher (York 18’)- Waterdogs, and Ryan Kennedy (York 22’)- Redwoods, all could potentially see some action.

One more for the list

Chris Koltzan- A/M - Westhampton Beach HS
E3 Lacrosse club
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RETee ... b_imp_woyt
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

16 new recruits coming in. If all the seniors (10) and grads (6) leave this year, they will have one more on the roster than last year. I have a feeling some seniors will stay

Losing
9 short poles. Adding 10
5 long poles. Adding 5
1 goalie. Adding 1
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Jumbo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:16 am 16 new recruits coming in. If all the seniors (10) and grads (6) leave this year, they will have one more on the roster than last year. I have a feeling some seniors will stay

Losing
9 short poles. Adding 10
5 long poles. Adding 5
1 goalie. Adding 1
I wonder who’s considering coming back.
The two sixth years are out, but any of the five year players and any senoirs could return….
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:30 pm
Jumbo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:16 am 16 new recruits coming in. If all the seniors (10) and grads (6) leave this year, they will have one more on the roster than last year. I have a feeling some seniors will stay

Losing
9 short poles. Adding 10
5 long poles. Adding 5
1 goalie. Adding 1
The two sixth years are out, but any of the five year players and any senoirs could return….
Covid has screwed everything up. I don’t understand the new eligibility.

Ncaa website says players get 5 years to play 4 seasons of college sports.
2020 didn’t count, so everyone in college got one additional year. (6 years to play 4 seasons with 2020 not counting as a playing year)
2021 did not count if your team played less than 50% of a schedule. York played more than 50%

This would mean York players in college during 2020 season get to play 4 seasons in 6 years. 2020 season doesn’t count as a year of play time.

But. Let’s look at Renyolds. He plays in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, and 2022. He has played 5 full years plus 2020.

Kennedy in the same boat.

Seems to go against what the ncaa is saying. So these to got to play 5 years plus 2020, over 6 years.

Does this mean everyone except class of 2025, get to play 5 seasons plays the 2020 season? That is giving everyone two extra years.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Jumbo wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:44 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:30 pm

Losing
9 short poles. Adding 10
5 long poles. Adding 5
1 goalie. Adding 1
Covid has screwed everything up. I don’t understand the new eligibility.

Ncaa website says players get 5 years to play 4 seasons of college sports.
2020 didn’t count, so everyone in college got one additional year. (6 years to play 4 seasons with 2020 not counting as a playing year)
2021 did not count if your team played less than 50% of a schedule. York played more than 50%

This would mean York players in college during 2020 season get to play 4 seasons in 6 years. 2020 season doesn’t count as a year of play time.

But. Let’s look at Renyolds. He plays in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, and 2022. He has played 5 full years plus 2020.

Kennedy in the same boat.

Seems to go against what the ncaa is saying. So these to got to play 5 years plus 2020, over 6 years.

Does this mean everyone except class of 2025, get to play 5 seasons plays the 2020 season? That is giving everyone two extra years.
Both 2020 and 2021 did not count at all for any Division III players. So yes 6 years with no injuries is possible. The first season that returns to normal eligibility will be 2026. NCAA really screwed this up, but it is what it is I guess.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I am not sure of the protocol if saying who is coming back but as of today 3 seniors are returning for their 5th year. As was stated Reynolds and Kennedy have exhausted their eligibility and as far as I know (which is not that much) so have Wolf, Imbriale, Bruno, and Smith. i think that there are going to be interesting battles next fall, especially on the defensive side as they try and replace two guys at close and the goalie.

I think that this is the issue with D3- RIT looks to lose 20 kids but how many are returning? Union's whole offense were seniors but how many return? how many of Salisbury's 13 kids are returning?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Asgot wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:04 pm ... As was stated Reynolds and Kennedy have exhausted their eligibility and as far as I know (which is not that much) so have Wolf, Imbriale, Bruno, and Smith…
I too could be wrong, but my understanding is that both 20’ and 21’ seasons don’t count as years of eligibility spent, leaving only the two 6 year men from last year in Kennedy and Reynolds out of eligibility. All 5th year guys from this past year (21’ senoirs) have one more year, and all true 22’ senoirs of this past season have 2 years left. (Should anyone choose to use them)
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Ryan Kennedy making his pro debut today for the Redwoods. #RollWoods !
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

York is discussing some interesting names from the portal. Not sure if they can get them but they would be a great fit if they decided to go that route.
Laxcode99

Post by Laxcode99 »

Asgot wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:55 am York is discussing some interesting names from the portal. Not sure if they can get them but they would be a great fit if they decided to go that route.
Care to share any of those rumored names?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Laxcode99 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:51 pm Care to share any of those rumored names?
You don’t really think someone would post that up, do you?

They are working the portal, as I would assume most competitive programs are.
DipNDunk

Post by DipNDunk »

Asgot wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:55 am York is discussing some interesting names from the portal. Not sure if they can get them but they would be a great fit if they decided to go that route.
Any idea of which division or school they could be coming from?
Laxcode99

Post by Laxcode99 »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:06 pm
Laxcode99 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:51 pm Care to share any of those rumored names?
You don’t really think someone would post that up, do you?

They are working the portal, as I would assume most competitive programs are.
Uh yeah I do think someone would post the names on here…it’s a forum. Why make the initial post about interesting names in the portal if you’re not willing to share more info?
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Laxcode99 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:51 pm
Care to share any of those rumored names?
Not really my place, just letting people know that Childs and the staff are being pretty active with the portal and if he gets the kids he is looking at you will be happy.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Parents of players on the team won’t be happy :).
ergit

Post by ergit »

Jumbo wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:32 am Parents of players on the team won’t be happy :).
Parent opinions are irrelevant. They should just mind their own business. Speaking from the outside, but based on the team’s results, I doubt the team culture is built on entitlement. Playing time is earned, no matter the circumstance.
As far as transfer portal talk, I wouldn’t put too much stock in it. Coaches keep that information close to them. What I have observed, transfers (namely D1) rarely make the expected impact and sometimes struggle for playing time.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

ergit wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:36 am
Jumbo wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:32 am Parents of players on the team won’t be happy :).
Parent opinions are irrelevant. They should just mind their own business. Speaking from the outside, but based on the team’s results, I doubt the team culture is built on entitlement. Playing time is earned, no matter the circumstance.
As far as transfer portal talk, I wouldn’t put too much stock in it. Coaches keep that information close to them. What I have observed, transfers (namely D1) rarely make the expected impact and sometimes struggle for playing time.
I agree that transfers rarely make an impact going from d1 to d3. Reality is top d3 programs are very good. If someone is transferring from d1, they probably weren’t getting much playing time, which means they probably won’t get much time at a top level d3
I remember this time last year, someone posted about a stud d1 player transferring to York. his name was mentioned. But when the season started, he wasn’t even on the roster.

2023 should be another good year. All the talk last year was the offense wasn’t as strong as the D. The last two recruiting classes have been stacked at attack. Depending on who comes back for a 5th year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see york with a stronger offense than defense.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”