Endicott HC
Springfield HC
WNEC HC
MIT HC
Babson HC
CGA HC

Is interested:
Every other HC in New England
And every assistant coach at all of those places.
Nescac assistants
Ivy league assistants

Outside of New England.... crap shoot.
KingPrat

Re: Bates

Post by KingPrat »

This is pure speculation on my part, but curious if Jon Thompson will be pursuing this. He's in a different place in life than he was as Colby HC, has a couple years of separation from the debacle at Amherst. I believe his parents still live in Maine. Has had proven success in the NESCAC. Etc, erc...

He may be more than happy being a D1 assistant, but the NESCAC life certainly lends itself better to family.

This will be a very interesting group that applies to this job. Curious to see who lands.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

That would probably be the best case scenario, right? Hard to imagine a better hire that's at least somewhat plausible.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

ah23 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:48 pm That would probably be the best case scenario, right? Hard to imagine a better hire that's at least somewhat plausible.
That would be an extraordinary hire, once the inevitable caterwauling that his name would elicit died down. I don’t think anyone is going to make Bates a powerhouse but he would do as well as can be done, fantastic coach and recruiter.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

pcowlax wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:14 pm
ah23 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:48 pm That would probably be the best case scenario, right? Hard to imagine a better hire that's at least somewhat plausible.
That would be an extraordinary hire, once the inevitable caterwauling that his name would elicit died down. I don’t think anyone is going to make Bates a powerhouse but he would do as well as can be done, fantastic coach and recruiter.
I agree, that would be a great hire. But I wonder how Lasagna would feel about that - I have no sense of what kind of relationship he may have had with Thompson. I assume Lasagna will have input in the hire.
It’s possible that Thompson isn’t welcome back to the NESCAC ever again. I’m not saying I agree, I’m just saying all things considered it’s possible.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

I seriously doubt that would ever happen. Hasn’t Bates been sued by multiple coaches in the last 5 years? That’s a known thing in the coaching community - it’s going to dramatically hurt their candidate pool. Lasagna and Thompson are extremely close, so I’m confused by the let that happen reference.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

John Grant Jr is available.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Given the way that JT left Amherst and the immediate aftermath there, he is not a candidate at Bates.

Add to that what is currently going on with the football program, he is not a candidate at Bates.

They will get a very good coach with a very good background who may or may not last for 15+ years like Coach Lasagna.

Bates will be just fine
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

SneaksBeac wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:11 am
Add to that what is currently going on with the football program, he is not a candidate at Bates.
Huh?
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Switzerland wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:56 am [quote=SneaksBeac post_id=373115 time=<a href="tel:1652875864">1652875864</a> user_id=465]

Huh?
[/quote]

My guess is they were referencing this

https://thebatesstudent.com/23372/spor ... egligence/
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Yeah. That will do it.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

John Grant Jr is available.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
smoova

Post by smoova »

BallHunt wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:50 pm John Grant Jr is available.
:lol:
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

Long shot but I Can imagine Trevar Haefele from bowdoin gets a fair shake. Assistant for PL for five years, including in 17 when they had their best season. Being a Mainer doesn’t hurt.
smoova

Post by smoova »

BigFella wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:08 am Long shot but I Can imagine Trevar Haefele from bowdoin gets a fair shake. Assistant for PL for five years, including in 17 when they had their best season. Being a Mainer doesn’t hurt.
+1
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

smoova wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:37 am
BigFella wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:08 am Long shot but I Can imagine Trevar Haefele from bowdoin gets a fair shake. Assistant for PL for five years, including in 17 when they had their best season. Being a Mainer doesn’t hurt.
+1
I 1st thought of him when looking at assistants. I imagine the committee will have their fair share of standing HCs in the mix.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”