Coaching Carousel D3 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ReturnOfTheWAC

Re: Coaching Carousel D3 2022

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

I know it is still early in the carousel but I do not anticipate a very exciting summer in regards to coaching movement(Thats a good thing). Especially after the amount of high profile jobs opened. Obviously Bates is a very intriguing spot for someone but I just don't see the amount or high profile opportunities opening up like we have seen over the last few seasons
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Who is in the running for the Roger Williams HC? Anyone have any insight?
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Current Openings

Edgewood College (WI)
Roger Williams (RI)
Misericordia (PA)
Kings (PA)
Marywood (PA)
Oglethorpe (GA)
Wooster (OH)
Hiram (OH)
Bates (ME)
SUNY Brockport (NY) - Went from FT to PT
Utica College/University (NY)
MLCfan22

Post by MLCfan22 »

LacrosseFan33 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:32 pm Current Openings

Edgewood College (WI)
Roger Williams (RI)
Misericordia (PA)
Kings (PA)
Marywood (PA)
Oglethorpe (GA)
Wooster (OH)
Hiram (OH)
Bates (ME)
Utica College/University (NY)
Oglethorpe has been posted for a while yet haven’t heard much. Seems like decent place to live but really tough conference.

Also don’t foresee Edgewood doing a search. Could see them keeping the interim on
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

St Joseph's College - NY is open (PT)

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/168510 ... osse-coach
KingPrat

Post by KingPrat »

I see the SUNY Oswego position is posted. They had a decent year, so I'm assuming this is just the required state posting requirements, and they'll remove the Interim tag from Eccles when all said and done.

https://oswego.interviewexchange.com/jo ... BID=148022
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

A couple underrated jobs here

-Edgewood College (WI)- Madison WI, is a pretty cool sell for a kid that wants to play college lacrosse. Don't know much besides that
-Roger Williams (RI)- Don't know much about this program but I'm sure people on here will tell me this is a solid job
-Misericordia (PA)- This program has won their conference in recent history and had a pretty good season. With Stevens Tech slowly slipping to the back of the top 20 this might be the best job to be a consistent conference winner of the bunch
-Kings (PA)- Complete rebuild but has been competitive in the past
-Marywood (PA)- Had a banner season but the roster size is small and not alot of HS lacrosse is played around this school
-Oglethorpe (GA)- Many of speculated that this job is very good but they have had so much coaching turnover its been tough to build the program
-Wooster (OH)- This would be my pick for best job avb. Solid academic profile and in a good location. Im not a believe of OWU or Denison remaining top dog in the NCAC. This could be an excellent spot to build a top 20 program
-Hiram (OH)- Small roster complete rebuild going to be long road
-Bates (ME)- I get it, its the NESCAC so you will always get recruits but the climb back to even the playoffs is so steep
-SUNY Brockport (NY) - Went from FT to PT- Going PT shows us how little they care about the program
-Utica College/University (NY)- I wouldn't trust many NY State small private schools surviving the next 10 years
-SUNY Oswego- Will probably go to the interim
-St. Josephs College NY- PT job, shame schools try to pull this crap with PT HCs, I wish they actually cared about the kids
OHLaxDad

Post by OHLaxDad »

Wooster is a really cool school. Good academics and interesting focus on research at the undergraduate level. Not for every kid, but they model their academics on Princeton. Good place to get East Coast recruits if they don't mind Ohio cold. Nice small town too.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Sounds like Mitchell is open(ing)
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Last year we ended with 35 +/- jobs on this list, so there's more to come; but with the exception of (maybe) Bates, in 2021 there were 5-6 jobs better than any of these.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Eastern Nazarene posted a part-time head lacrosse coach position yesterday
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:24 am Last year we ended with 35 +/- jobs on this list, so there's more to come; but with the exception of (maybe) Bates, in 2021 there were 5-6 jobs better than any of these.
Definitely agree there are more to come - I do wonder if we'll see as many as last summer, felt like a big uptick after Covid (and playing a full season with covid protocols)
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

This list will grow for sure.

Last year there were a handful of jobs open that made sense for other D3 Head Coaches to be applying for...this year's list seems like it'll be a lot more assistant coach based applicant pools. With that in mind, I wouldn't expect one job to be filled while another one opens (Like we saw with Woods leaving CC for Amherst, or Mason leaving Lasalle for Bowdoin last year).

Bates COULD trigger that type of thing (though I personally think they'd be crazy not to try and pull the Bowdoin assistant) but I"m not sure there's any other job on this list so far that will pull a current HC away from a job.

Time will tell...
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Current Openings

Edgewood College (WI)
Roger Williams (RI)
Misericordia (PA)
Kings (PA)
Marywood (PA)
Oglethorpe (GA)
Wooster (OH)
Hiram (OH)
Bates (ME)
Utica (NY)
SUNY Oswego (NY)
St. Josephs College NY- PT
Easter Nazarene (MA) - Part Time
Mitchell College (CT)
Delaware Valley (PA)
KingPrat

Post by KingPrat »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:28 pm but I"m not sure there's any other job on this list so far that will pull a current HC away from a job.

Time will tell...
If you mean it won't pull a current HC from a major program, I would tend to agree.

I think Roger Williams could pull the interest of some mid-tier HCs, as well as Wooster. Both programs have quite a few positives, biggest one would be location for RWU.

Otherwise this will be a good year for first-time HCs.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

https://athletics.goucher.edu/sports/ml ... 0531hq7ciw

TOWSON, Md. – Goucher College head men's lacrosse coach Brian Kelly announced Tuesday that he is stepping down after 10 seasons of leading the Gopher program and a total of 15 years on the Goucher men's lacrosse staff including five years as an assistant. A national search for Kelly's successor will begin immediately.

Goucher is open.
MDlacrosse45

Post by MDlacrosse45 »

laxdad30 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:40 pm https://athletics.goucher.edu/sports/ml ... 0531hq7ciw

TOWSON, Md. – Goucher College head men's lacrosse coach Brian Kelly announced Tuesday that he is stepping down after 10 seasons of leading the Gopher program and a total of 15 years on the Goucher men's lacrosse staff including five years as an assistant. A national search for Kelly's successor will begin immediately.

Goucher is open.
Thought this was coming given the struggles they have had both on the field and in recruiting the last 4-5 years. Good coach and guy just couldn’t seem to adjust post Covid cancellation.

Interested to see what Goucher does with this hire. Could be seen as a tough school to recruit to given their academics and facilities but it is in the biggest hot bed in the country. A lot of young coaches out there from the area who could find this job enticing.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Looks like Elms College in Mass is seeing a men's team

https://www.higheredjobs.com/institutio ... se%20Coach

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”