Coaching Carousel D3 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
VTLaxGuy

Re: Coaching Carousel D3 2022

Post by VTLaxGuy »

Did Elms College (Western Mass) announce they were starting Men''s Lacrosse and I didn't notice? Or is this news to everybody on here as well?

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/169321 ... ach#expand

If they've posted the job they must have an announcement about starting lacrosse coming soon, right?

In any event, there's another open D3 job.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:00 am At a lot of schools, this is just a standard part of the hiring process. It gives the players a feeling of being included and listened to, but rarely do they have much sway over the process. Once a hire is made, it can really help the good feelings (if that's what they are) to spread among the roster. In some ways this can be more for the applicants' benefit than the players, as a chance to gauge the team's mindset etc... It gives them a chance to see the good and bad from the players POV, and that can help a lot.

As for Goucher specifically, I expect they'll get solid candidates and also have a decent core of kids. It's probably a good step for everyone.
Was at Goucher this weekend for a tourney. Their field facilities are nice. Not sure about their lockerooms and athletic offices/gyms. Talk about a school that is land rich, right in the middle of Towson.

If the new coach can start to land even a little bit of local talent, they will be improved. They currently have 1 kid from an MIAA-A school on their roster, which is hard to fathom given their location. Although I know the school used to be hard to recruit because of it's price tag and academic lineup. Looking forward to seeing who they get.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Who is the kid from MIAA school? My son plays there. wondering who that is.

I count 5

Milan Temple M FY 6-2 180 Joppatowne, Md. / Concordia Prep
Doug Fox D FY 5-9 220 Baltimore, Md. / Archbishop Curley
Taylor Juchs D So. 6-0- 175 Middle River, Md. / Archbishop Curley
Eric Conaway, Jr. M Jr. 5-11 186 Baltimore, Md. / Cristo Rey Jesuit
Jaden Algarin G FY 6-0 230 Havre de Grace, Md. / Concordia Prep
Laxcode99

Post by Laxcode99 »

laxdad30 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:54 pm Who is the kid from MIAA school? My son plays there. wondering who that is.

I count 5

Those 5 players you mentioned are all from the B or C divisions of the MIAA conference. There is 1 on the roster from Mount Saint Joseph which is an MIAA division A school. There is a huge drop off in the MIAA between the A and B/C divisions. Given their location, Goucher should be able to get 2-3 guys a year that are from MIAA-A rosters.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Laxcode99 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:27 pm
laxdad30 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:54 pm Who is the kid from MIAA school? My son plays there. wondering who that is.

I count 5

Those 5 players you mentioned are all from the B or C divisions of the MIAA conference. There is 1 on the roster from Mount Saint Joseph which is an MIAA division A school. There is a huge drop off in the MIAA between the A and B/C divisions. Given their location, Goucher should be able to get 2-3 guys a year that are from MIAA-A rosters.
Little birdie told me hes leaving to go to Towson and isn't playing lacrosse anymore.

There are a few more leaving that want a more "traditional" college experience.
Last edited by laxdad30 on Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

laxdad30 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:30 pm

I count 5

Little birdie told me hes leaving to go to Towson and isn't playing lacrosse anymore.

There are a few more leaving that want a more "traditional" college experience. meaning... Frat life and parties.
As you know, Towson is literally right down the street from goucher. D3 life isn’t too intense - seems like a lame reason to stop playing!
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:37 pm

I count 5

There are a few more leaving that want a more "traditional" college experience.
As you know, Towson is literally right down the street from goucher. D3 life isn’t too intense - seems like a lame reason to stop playing!
I do know that its right down the street. You'd be surprised how many kids just STOP playing.
Last edited by laxdad30 on Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxcode99

Post by Laxcode99 »

laxdad30 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:27 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:37 pm

I count 5

There are a few more leaving that want a more "traditional" college experience. meaning... Frat life and parties.
I do know that its right down the street. You'd be surprised how many kids just STOP playing. there might be a few more that weren't starters that will not be returning. have verified this already. They all liked the party life better and Goucher is NOT a party school. Drugs and Drinks > Lacrosse for some.
This doesn’t seem like a good place or time to talk poorly about kids who left a program. It’s also probably not the smartest decision to talk poorly about a program that your kid is currently a part of…

Not many college athletes stay on a team for all 4 years. Every program in the country has guys who do not return to the school or stop playing the sport, especially programs that just lost their Head Coach and only won 2 games this past season
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:00 am At a lot of schools, this is just a standard part of the hiring process.
Definitely the norm where I went. Students also interviewed all candidates for professorships in their major.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Laxcode99 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:52 pm This doesn’t seem like a good place or time to talk poorly about kids who left a program. It’s also probably not the smartest decision to talk poorly about a program that your kid is currently a part of…
Not talking poorly about anyone. Just telling you the facts as I've been told. People leave for many reasons and don't play anymore. I wish them all luck. Some were good friends with my son. I never said anything at all about the program. Show me where I said anything bad about the program. My son loves the school and enjoys playing lacrosse there.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Whittier in CA is open
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

"there might be a few more that weren't starters that will not be returning. have verified this already. They all liked the party life better and Goucher is NOT a party school. Drugs and Drinks > Lacrosse for some."

laxdad - I'm gonna side with Laxcode on this one. I kinda see this as talking poorly about players and pretty disparaging toward the program (or at least those in it).

Laxcode - a very fair comment.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

My bad... I'll edit my post but now that its been quoted many times,I'll need some help? But, what I'm saying isn't incorrect.
"there might be a few more that weren't starters that will not be returning."
Not technically a false statement.
They all liked the ****** **** better and Goucher is NOT a party school.
Also not incorrect but I can modify it to say "They told the team and coach that they wanted a more "tradition" College experience and that Goucher wasnt a good fit for them"

LaxCode99 - I would greatly appreciate editing your quoted post please. If you want me to redact my comments, please help me do so. Please and thank you.

WhiteCarrera - The same, please and thank you
Last edited by laxdad30 on Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Current Openings

Benedictine (IL)
Edgewood College (WI)
Roger Williams (RI)
Misericordia (PA)
Kings (PA)
Marywood (PA)
Oglethorpe (GA)
Wooster (OH)
Hiram (OH)
Bates (ME)
SUNY Brockport (NY) - Went from FT to PT
Utica (NY)
SUNY Oswego (NY)
St. Josephs College NY- PT
Easter Nazarene (MA) - Part Time
Mitchell College (CT)
Delaware Valley (PA)
Goucher (MD)
Elms (MA)
Benedictine (IL)
Whittier (CA)
Westminster (PA)
HCTerrierLax

Post by HCTerrierLax »

Hiram will be announcing soon
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Laxcode99 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:52 pm Not many college athletes stay on a team for all 4 years.
...what? The vast majority do. Obviously every team has attrition - cuts, injuries, guys w/o PT who decide it's not worth the time, etc. - but the vast majority of college athletes play all four years.
HCTerrierLax

Post by HCTerrierLax »

ah23 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:21 am
Laxcode99 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:52 pm Not many college athletes stay on a team for all 4 years.
...what? The vast majority do. Obviously every team has attrition - cuts, injuries, guys w/o PT who decide it's not worth the time, etc. - but the vast majority of college athletes play all four years.
Maybe he meant that the player is not staying at the same institution for all 4 years. Especially now with the Transfer Portal Wild Wild West
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Annino takes over at Bates.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Would seem to be a good hire for Bates
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:36 pm Would seem to be a good hire for Bates
Almost, but not really, surprised that didn't hire a candidate with head coaching experience.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”