LIBERTY LEAGUE 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ICGrad

Re: LIBERTY LEAGUE 2022

Post by ICGrad »

Knowitall wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:57 pm All Liberty League final!
Congrats to Union & RIT for an all LL final.

Not surprised by either result, though I'm shocked by how easily RIT handled a very strong Tufts team. It's not often you win by 11 goals over an excellent team and even more surprising when you realize that the game wasn't anywhere near that close.
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

Congrats to Union and RIT, really shows the strength of the LL. SLU however must be fuming seeing Union make the finals as they handily beat them in Schenectady in the LL semis but ended up on the much tougher side of the bracket. Obviously they had their shot at making the title themselves but they must have liked their chances better had they been on the Union side of the bracket.
Doid23

Post by Doid23 »

FosterLax3 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:33 am Congrats to Union and RIT, really shows the strength of the LL. SLU however must be fuming seeing Union make the finals as they handily beat them in Schenectady in the LL semis but ended up on the much tougher side of the bracket. Obviously they had their shot at making the title themselves but they must have liked their chances better had they been on the Union side of the bracket.
Why exactly should SLU be fuming? Because they beat them in one game? Please.

Union got seeded higher because they beat SJF (who SLU lost to by 10), lost to RIT by 1 (who SLU lost to twice by 8), and also beat Tufts. Teams don't get seeded over the results of 1 game, but rather their body of work. And Union just beat #5 York, who took down #3 CNU. Was the Tufts/RIT side of the bracket harder? Yes. But SLU didn't even get there, didn't beat Bowdoin. I like SLU, and hoped they would go farther, as I do with all Liberty teams. But they certainly didn't get treated unfairly.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Doid23 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:58 am
FosterLax3 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:33 am Congrats to Union and RIT, really shows the strength of the LL. SLU however must be fuming seeing Union make the finals as they handily beat them in Schenectady in the LL semis but ended up on the much tougher side of the bracket. Obviously they had their shot at making the title themselves but they must have liked their chances better had they been on the Union side of the bracket.
Why exactly should SLU be fuming? Because they beat them in one game? Please.

Union got seeded higher because they beat SJF (who SLU lost to by 10), lost to RIT by 1 (who SLU lost to twice by 8), and also beat Tufts. Teams don't get seeded over the results of 1 game, but rather their body of work. And Union just beat #5 York, who took down #3 CNU. Was the Tufts/RIT side of the bracket harder? Yes. But SLU didn't even get there, didn't beat Bowdoin. I like SLU, and hoped they would go farther, as I do with all Liberty teams. But they certainly didn't get treated unfairly.
+1
RetiredLLLaxer

Post by RetiredLLLaxer »

Watched both post game interviews from Union and RIT...very cool to see the gratitude from the Union players who immediately talked about others and the opportunity they have. This must be a well coached and led team. Coach Coon for RIT and his two players were also very humble as they showed respect for Tufts and their upcoming opponent. Last 4 games decided by a total of 6 goals. I am EXCITED for this one!!

PS - I hope the Dutchmen wear black!
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

What is the buzz? I'm getting ready on this one!!
LL
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

Can we please get some Liberty League passion up In here!!!!! It's an all LL final come on man
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

RIT 12 UNION 10

Tigers National Champs!
Pegasus5

Post by Pegasus5 »

Well the NCAA got it right. A 10-12 final is worthy of a national championship game. Regardless of the conference represented. What this represents is that quality conferences, LL, NESCAC and on and on deserved and got more representation at the at large level and also diversification in the brackets so that Union and RIT did not have to replay the LL playoff again and again...until the end.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

This bodes well for the LL going forward. IMO the LL has been overlooked in the Tournament in recent years. As long as they can win in OC games they could be a three or four bid conference.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Congrats RIT on a great game and on a second consecutive NC. I think it's safe to say RIT has fully arrived as one of the elite programs in the history of d3 lacrosse. The domination of Tufts was impressive, and rallying from the early Union dominance in the NC game was pretty amazing, too.

And congrats to Union, too. A great run and amazing season.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say that the balance of power has fully shifted from the NESCAC to the LL as the dominant conference for d3 lacrosse, but this season represented a pretty significant step in that direction.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”