Lynchburg 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Lynchburg 2021

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Fall ball is in full swing as the boys chase another ODAC championship and sights on a Natty !
Last week’s always competitive Alumni game saw the team winning by 3 or 4.
Offense is stacked.
SSDMs and LSMs all returners and looked solid.
All new Close D but they looked very cohesive and aggressive. They are anchored by returning goalie
York/Dickinson scrimmage this Saturday.
Hope to hear updates from anyone going.
Nothinbutthelax

Re: Lynchburg 2021

We interrupt this marriage to bring you lacrosse season !!
UVA scrimmage today at 3:00. If anyone attends a summary would be great!
All new close D are athletic guys but young and will have to step up. Even though SSDM and LSM are stout Moore will need to be just a bit sharper in goal…
Offense will be better.. Robinson and Dean will be missed but Coach K has been bringing in better players. Eyes on Lewis will free up Rogers who is my pick to POY. Mitchell is a dangerous jitterbug type player. If his left improved watch out. Dylan Wolf is a lefty who should round out the 1st line but Schmidt, Nieves, Voight, Speers, and a lot of guys including a big strong Freshman are all able to compete for that spot. I heard a VMI transfer in the mix but not 💯 certain.
Jake Rust should round out the attack replacing Robinson with Spears and Scanlon competing but may run mid. This unit is bigger/stronger. Looking for their ride need to improve..
Looks Like Kuni will take majority of FOs. With 4 other guys battling they will all improve but I don’t see 64% like last year.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Here are my observations from the scrimmage. Game time temp was 28, partly sunny with a slight breeze. Lynchburg was in shorts and most players short sleeves. UVA in sweatpants and sweatshirts. UVA did not play all their best players, talking top players. So it was a mix of some starters and backups.

Lynchburg had a starting D, 1st line Mid & starting SSDM out due to injuries. The first half was a game of runs and ended at 13-11 UVA. Starters played about half the 3rd and they were pulled. Different goalie all four quarters. Final was 22-14, UVA had a really sort bench so I don't think they went very far down the depth chart. They are getting ready for a game next weekend so maybe that is why.

Let me know if you have questions and I can try and give you an answer to the best of my ability.
Nothinbutthelax

Thanks 2. About what I expected. Probably some good film for the team.
How did the defense look. Years past they tended to stay home and slide late trusting very experienced poles. curious if they slide early and aggressively?
Did # 2 take most of the FO’s?
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:41 pm Thanks 2. About what I expected. Probably some good film for the team.
How did the defense look. Years past they tended to stay home and slide late trusting very experienced poles. curious if they slide early and aggressively?
There were definitely late slides and some off ball miscues. Coach K was really on the defense most of the day. I think most of it is 3 new guys getting use to working with each other. Also, coach was trying to figure out who to replace the starter who was out. Cycled through a few people quickly and then found one which worked. As the half went on they definitely were better. #2 is now #9 and it was probably 60/40 with #56 if I had to guess.

Offensively it looked and sounded like they only ran a few sets. Probably still putting the offense in at this point.
Nothinbutthelax

Thanks 2.
Tough to replace 2 seniors and Gallagher..
Catholic scrimmage on Shelly Saturday and you have to wonder is Coach K purposely scheduled Ferrum and Greensboro to open season giving them some time to gell..
thesilentfilmer

Post by thesilentfilmer »

2laxers wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:53 pm
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:41 pm Thanks 2. About what I expected. Probably some good film for the team.
There were definitely late slides and some off ball miscues. Coach K was really on the defense most of the day. I think most of it is 3 new guys getting use to working with each other. Also, coach was trying to figure out who to replace the starter who was out. Cycled through a few people quickly and then found one which worked. As the half went on they definitely were better. #2 is now #9 and it was probably 60/40 with #56 if I had to guess.

Offensively it looked and sounded like they only ran a few sets. Probably still putting the offense in at this point.

Between Kuney and Kraus Lynchburg was 50% for the first half at 13/25. Zolper had some good claps for her face offs but eventually lost it by being surrounded by uva players. The miss cues will be looked at by Lynchburg and I bet don’t happen nearly as often as they did on Sunday. That was really what put uva ahead with the players they were using which led to goals right on the crease. They should be fine and looking forward to the rest of the season.
Nothinbutthelax

1st half 50% against Lasalla and crew is good work. Kuni and Kraus are prototype FOGOs at 5’8” 200 lbs. They sharpened going against Ricci all last year and likely put in the work.. encouraging, thanks
Nothinbutthelax

Roster up
transfers- Middie from VMI but the attack man from Towson looks most interesting.
Some good looking Freshman recruits

https://www.lynchburgsports.com/sports/ ... -22/roster

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”