MAC 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Asgot

Re: MAC 2022

Post by Asgot »

It is a terrible rule, those kids work hard all year and you force the coach to make that choice is crazy
OddDuck

Re: MAC 2022

Post by OddDuck »

laxrules wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:01 pm
OddDuck wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:39 pm
boredatwork wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:15 pm
OddDuck wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:46 am On another note, this NCAA rule limiting dressed rosters to 32 and limiting sideline numbers is horrible. Kudos to the Stevens coaches for getting all 32 in their first game. Is this a holdover from Covid? If so is it wiser to put more people in crowded stands vice open sidelines? Seems silly to me.
Sideline limits have been a rule forever. I believe the rule now is 50 people on the sideline between coaches, players and medical personnel (2 must be medical so 48 coaches/players) and I believe only 32 of those players can be dressed.

You can always see the first row in the stands at championship weekend with the players who can’t be on the sideline, it’s a shame for kids to practice all year and play in some games not be able to even be with the team in the biggest games of the year.
if the players are there in the stands, why the limit on the sidelines (perhaps rhetorical here)? Even players who never step on the field helped their team to get to where they are. To put coaches in a position to do that is horrible.
We haven’t agreed on much! BUT we agree on that.
I knew it was just a matter of time!!!! LOL

Let me add something else you may buy into..... I want to give the Steven's coaches kudos for the way they got every one of their geared up players into both tournament games. Though the season turned out EXACTLY AS I PREDICTED (unabashed self-aggrandizement ;-)), they had a good season, Seemed to me that they were playing 'looser' later in the season and it was good to see some younger players step up toward the end of it.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”