Landmark Conference 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
BigFella

Re: Landmark Conference 2022

Post by BigFella »

laxbro1955 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:42 pm I agree with you on Scrantons game plan but I think the real reason was that Brayden Etowns goalie had his worst game of the season and lot has to do with the games before were blowouts and he didn't get much playing time between the pipes. They were playing 3 to 4 goalies a game . Hopefully he had his bad game and now going against Catholic will be a different game. Not picking a team to win but I think Etown showed a lot by not giving up and winning the game compared to Catholic having an easy win. Should be a good game for sure both teams have similar talent will be who wants it more. Its been nice for Catholic with getting to play them 4 times in a row at home. Dont know how that happened. good luck to both teams.
Have to agree with you that Etown is now ready to get up for this one more so than catholic. Catholic probably feeling good after two easy wins. Etown goalie should be ready to go, got it out of his system. Hard to beat a good team twice
LaxCrusader1

Post by LaxCrusader1 »

My money is on Catholic. McShea will win this matchup, prove he was the better FOGO. Pezone had 18 saves one Wednesday, including multiple doorstep robberies, will show he was the better goalie. Crowley outperforms Yake, shows he should have been OPOTY. Catholic is angry y'all are jumping ship on them.

Catholic 16-14.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I was never on your ship but I'm guessing you aren't happy with the conf picks. Should be a good game.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

They should have just made the First team all catholic. Like they did OF,DF and rookie of the year last year. Must have bugged you that Tillman had to share def player of the year with Mahoney.
LaxCrusader1

Post by LaxCrusader1 »

laxbro1955 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:16 am I was never on your ship but I'm guessing you aren't happy with the conf picks. Should be a good game.
Not my ship, not a Catholic guy. I'm not upset with the conference picks, maybe the Drew LSM first team pick. But I think Catholic players are... and I think it's gonna show up today.

Just providing my two cents and a prediction.
LaxCrusader1

Post by LaxCrusader1 »

laxbro1955 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:17 am They should have just made the First team all catholic. Like they did OF,DF and rookie of the year last year. Must have bugged you that Tillman had to share def player of the year with Mahoney.
I actually thought Mahoney was the better player. He should've had it outright.
Brain

Post by Brain »

Never doubted my Cards for a second.
LaxCrusader1

Post by LaxCrusader1 »

Overall, a competitive start to the game. But Catholic was the better team all year long and I think people forgot that.
LaxCrusader1 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:42 am McShea will win this matchup, prove he was the better FOGO. Pezone had 18 saves one Wednesday, including multiple doorstep robberies, will show he was the better goalie. Crowley outperforms Yake, shows he should have been OPOTY.
Crowley 4g/2a for 6. Yake 0g/0a.

McShea 17/26 at the X. Gilbert 9/27.

Pezone 19 saves on 8 goals allowed, to Franey's 13 saves on 16 allowed. Pezone made as many saves in the 2nd half as Franey did in the whole game.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Certainly a game of two distinct halves as Catholic won their fourth Landmark Conference title with a 16-8 victory over Elizabethtown. Ironically, it was the same exact score as last year's championship game.
The Blue Jays led 6-4 at halftime as they moved the ball well and got three goals from middie Alex Kilgour. Catholic looked sluggish on offense and made some unforced errors in the first half.
The Cardinals made some adjustments at halftime and, after a goal by Elizabethtown to extend their lead to 7-5, Catholic netted 6 unanswered goals in the third quarter to enjoy an 11-7 lead going into the fourth quarter.
In the fourth quarter, after a man-up goal by Elizabethtown, Catholic scored the last 5 goals of the game to clinch the win.
Kevin Crowley was the mainstay on offense for Catholic, scoring 4 goals and helping on 2 others, including an amazing assist where he drew the double team and threw a cross field pass to a streaking Matt Scandone, who finished to give the Cardinals first lead of the day at 8-7. Midfielder Cameron Dunn poured in 4 goals and Scandone finished with two.
Mike McShea decisively won the faceoff battle, taking 17 of 26 draws and scooping up 13 GBs. SSDM Collin Stein added 6 GBs of his own. The Catholic long poles (Tynan Hillery, Matt Clohessy , Jackson Powers, Brendan Dulin and Andrew Kearns) effectively and efficiently took the Elizabethtown offense out of the game in the second half. Give the Cardinals defense a lot of credit as they limited the Elizabethtown attack unit to just 2 goals on 30 shots.
Kilgour finished with 3 goals for Elizabethtown. SSDM Connor Stewart grabbed 8 GBs for the game.
Catholic now awaits the tournament bracketing to find out who their opponent will be in the first round game next week.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Good win but I think out coached he made changes on D and off at half time and changed the game instantly first half they weren’t looking to good. Catholics rides won them the game to physical for Etown game was over at the end of 3rd heads were down and hands on knees of Etown players.To bad had to end on that note.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Perone played good but all credit has to go to the D Etown first half was taking 15’ shots and on the crease
Second half they were taking 35 yard shots
Was like playing catch with him.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

laxbro1955 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:05 pm Perone played good but all credit has to go to the D Etown first half was taking 15’ shots and on the crease
Second half they were taking 35 yard shots
Was like playing catch with him.
Pezone was stellar. He made some great saves and had 19 in total.
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

Double donut from yake in Semis and championship
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Major Kudos to....

First Team Selections, Etown Goalie, Fogo, and OPOY.....master class performance in the conference playoffs.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Tough draw for the Cards with St. John Fisher. Also brutal they have to drive all the way up to Boston.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Any predictions on their chances of beating them .
Are they the cardinals too. If so that is weird
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Thoughts on potential AA for the conference? Gotta imagine Hilleary, Crowley, and Yake are top of the list for me.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Crowley could get on one of the AA teams the rest as honorable mention. Wes mills also included in that as HM just an opinion.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:02 am Thoughts on potential AA for the conference? Gotta imagine Hilleary, Crowley, and Yake are top of the list for me.
Crowley and Hillery would be considered as honorable mention.

Yake might but considered but he plays a position where so many others will be considered before him.

Because of the position, Lukasiewicz is a long shot.
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:02 am Thoughts on potential AA for the conference? Gotta imagine Hilleary, Crowley, and Yake are top of the list for me.
Would assume Crowley and Hillery are AA, I also this crapanzano would be scrantons guy up for AA. Yake shot 0/13 in the two biggest games of the year, McGuire gonna need to be pounding the phones for some votes for yake.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”