Gettysburg 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxdds

Gettysburg 2022

Post by Laxdds »

Gettysburg welcomed 14 freshman to campus last week and begin fall practice Labor day 9/6 culminating in an open Orange/Blue scrimmage on Saturday 10/2. Posting for assistant coach is live and posting for the next will go live after HR paperwork. Coach Toner putting out a lot of information, I'm looking forward to the spring.
GO BULLETS!
ReturnOfTheWAC

Re: Gettysburg 2022

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Curious to see what happens at Gettysburg. A lot of questions

1. Whole new coaching staff how do the continue/change culture?
2. What is the physical/lacrosse condition of the large portion of the roster who opted out last season?
3. How will the change affect their 2022 recruiting class?
4. Does the coaching change how they play?
5. Did the other Centennial schools take advantage of the retirement of Hank Janczyk?
6. Will Peter Toner bring in transfers and “his guys” how will that impact a roster he didn’t recruit?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

All i know is they got a STUD in freshman defender Frank Barbera from Chatham.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:12 am Curious to see what happens at Gettysburg. A lot of questions

1. Whole new coaching staff how do the continue/change culture?
2. What is the physical/lacrosse condition of the large portion of the roster who opted out last season?
3. How will the change affect their 2022 recruiting class?
4. Does the coaching change how they play?
5. Did the other Centennial schools take advantage of the retirement of Hank Janczyk?
6. Will Peter Toner bring in transfers and “his guys” how will that impact a roster he didn’t recruit?
All good questions and time will tell. I'm sure Coach Toner will set the tone :D for the program as he sees fit. The program doesn't appear to need any major changes. I would imagine the players that opted out last spring are in great physical and lacrosse shape after summer ball. I'm not sure what you mean by "his guys" unless you are referring to some type of system that he is going to run that needs a specific type of player. I would think he would go after the best lacrosse players with character he can get that will academically qualify for admission Gettysburg.

What do you hear regarding the new coach in Chestertown? Sure hope he gets things going the CC needs a strong WAC.
Njlaxx11 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:45 am

All i know is they got a STUD in freshman defender Frank Barbera from Chatham.
I also have heard that Frank Barbera is a great player.
BULLET

Post by BULLET »

anybody know if Aiden Wykoff is still on the team?
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

BULLET wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:25 pm anybody know if Aiden Wykoff is still on the team?
He is still listed on the 2022 Preseason Roster

Anybody make it out to the Orange and Blue scrimmage on Sat? Thoughts? Observations? Insight?

Named a new assistant today: Coach Holt from Mt St Mary's he will be in charge of the offense.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Over 60 player out for fall ball!! That is a ton of players to manage for 1 coach (now 2). Hopefully is gives the juniors and seniors a chance to lead and build some chemistry.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Bullets name new assistant. I can't wait for the season.
https://gettysburgsports.com/?_ga=2.234 ... 1575729086

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”