Washington College New Era

D3 Mens Lacrosse
WASHFAN

Washington College New Era

Post by WASHFAN »

Well, we’re starting anew. Hearing Coach has 2 assistants, fall prospect day, and maybe a fall scrimmage or 2, all players on campus, blank slate, and a new school President. Here’s to wishing Coach Nostrant best of luck and offering any support he needs!
MrLax2U

Re: Washington College New Era

Post by MrLax2U »

+1
head73

Post by head73 »

I've seen Coach Chakey's name. Any word on who the second coach is?
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Hearing Tim Cloud
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

WASHFAN wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:02 pm Hearing Tim Cloud
Young Tim Cloud? or the elder Tim "Cloudy" Cloud? If the elder, talk about getting the band back together!

Very excited for Coach Nostrant!
head73

Post by head73 »

So that would mean 2 assistants with backgrounds primarily on defense?
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Young Tim, played D2 for Queens College. Assistant at Lee’s McRae
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

WC picking up some good recruits. Nostrant's MIAA connections already helping.
head73

Post by head73 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:38 am WC picking up some good recruits. Nostrant's MIAA connections already helping.
I've done some snooping. Where are you getting this information?
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

I can’t speak to recruiting, but I’ve watched a couple of fall practices and it is old school intensity!!! Run till you puke, then run some more and play like your life depends on it.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

WASHFAN wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:50 pm I can’t speak to recruiting, but I’ve watched a couple of fall practices and it is old school intensity!!! Run till you puke, then run some more and play like your life depends on it.
With the geese flying over head! Gives me goosebumps. Excited for us to get back on track!
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Everyone rooting for the Sho'men. First step win the Centennial and a competitive WOTS.
the_fish_whist1er

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

MrLax2U wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:30 am Everyone rooting for the Sho'men. First step win the Centennial and a competitive WOTS.
It may seem like a while but the Shoremen have been to 3 OTs in the past two WOTS. Very excited to see whats in store this year.
the_fish_whist1er

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

Anyone heading to the scrimmages today?
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

the_fish_whist1er wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:20 pm Anyone heading to the scrimmages today?
Wasn't there - but had a report from someone who was. Heard WAC played all the starters all game against Harford CC, while Harford CC played backups in the second half, including 3rd and 4th string goalies. Harford was up 6-2 at half, then subbed while WAC didnt, and Harford won in OT 11-10.

Again, I wasnt there, just heard from someone who was. Really disappointing if that report was accurate. I know it will take a while to get things back on track, but still not a report that sounded promising.
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Was there, and other than score I feel that the info you got was misleading. Coach rotated everybody through, used 2 or 3 goalies, and let the young underclassmen play d the last 6 mins of REG/OT when the game was on the line. It was the second game of the day, they played AnnArundel CC at 1pm. Coach doesn’t have any starters, every position is wide open, he threw out a ton of combinations, these games were to see what he’s got to work with and how guys play with each other. Would it be nice to have it already figured out? Yes. But until today all he has seen is conditioning, drills, and,6v6. I’m not saying we’re strong, but I am saying he was much more interested in seeing his puppies play, hunting season doesn’t start till Feb.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

There’s two clips circulating from that scrimmage (both from very pro Harford sources mind you)

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10815592/6 ... 06acee5f8d

https://twitter.com/thetompeace/status/ ... 45185?s=21
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Hartford is a premier JUCO program with multiple d1 prospects. I don't think that this should come as a surprise to anyone who has seen the program over the last 3 seasons. The good news is that not too long ago we had some pretty good players who I believe underachieved due to poor coaching. The offense was young last season, I believe it will improve, the defense will need to find a goalie but again there is some talent returning. Its a matter of time before this program is competing in the CC
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

WASHFAN wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:36 am Was there, and other than score I feel that the info you got was misleading. Coach rotated everybody through, used 2 or 3 goalies, and let the young underclassmen play d the last 6 mins of REG/OT when the game was on the line. It was the second game of the day, they played AnnArundel CC at 1pm. Coach doesn’t have any starters, every position is wide open, he threw out a ton of combinations, these games were to see what he’s got to work with and how guys play with each other. Would it be nice to have it already figured out? Yes. But until today all he has seen is conditioning, drills, and,6v6. I’m not saying we’re strong, but I am saying he was much more interested in seeing his puppies play, hunting season doesn’t start till Feb.
Glad my information was slightly off base. Still concerning about losing to a CC playing their backups, but its early days. To ReturnoftheWAC's comment - so what that a CC has multiple d1 prospects? WAC generally has been filled with kids that were d1 prospects that either 1- decided not to go to a lower d1 and get smoked all year, or 2 - had some slight flaw (that isnt a flaw, but just made it harder to land a spot in a desirable d1 school) - maybe a late developer, maybe from a less recruited HS, or maybe slightly smaller than a traditional high end d1 prospect. I mean WAC's rival down the shore is filled with former d1 players who got kicked out for whatever reason, so playing a CC with a few d1 prospects shouldnt be any sort of hurdle. Plus many legit d1 prospects choose Centennial Conference schools for their own reasons - big fish, small pond, better academics, or even better financial aid.

Anyway, I truly hope WAC turns the corner and it will surely take some time!
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

veryoldgoose wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:07 pm
WASHFAN wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:36 am Was there, and other than score I feel that the info you got was misleading. Coach rotated everybody through, used 2 or 3 goalies, and let the young underclassmen play d the last 6 mins of REG/OT when the game was on the line. It was the second game of the day, they played AnnArundel CC at 1pm. Coach doesn’t have any starters, every position is wide open, he threw out a ton of combinations, these games were to see what he’s got to work with and how guys play with each other. Would it be nice to have it already figured out? Yes. But until today all he has seen is conditioning, drills, and,6v6. I’m not saying we’re strong, but I am saying he was much more interested in seeing his puppies play, hunting season doesn’t start till Feb.
Glad my information was slightly off base. Still concerning about losing to a CC playing their backups, but its early days. To ReturnoftheWAC's comment - so what that a CC has multiple d1 prospects? WAC generally has been filled with kids that were d1 prospects that either 1- decided not to go to a lower d1 and get smoked all year, or 2 - had some slight flaw (that isnt a flaw, but just made it harder to land a spot in a desirable d1 school) - maybe a late developer, maybe from a less recruited HS, or maybe slightly smaller than a traditional high end d1 prospect. I mean WAC's rival down the shore is filled with former d1 players who got kicked out for whatever reason, so playing a CC with a few d1 prospects shouldnt be any sort of hurdle. Plus many legit d1 prospects choose Centennial Conference schools for their own reasons - big fish, small pond, better academics, or even better financial aid.

Anyway, I truly hope WAC turns the corner and it will surely take some time!
VOG. I think you are not understanding my point. At this time WAC Does not have those kids. They might have 1 or 2 but to be competitive in the CC you need many more. Shirk I believe wasted the talent of the 2017/2018/2019 rosters, and did not recruit new talent. Now the team is in a rebuild and playing the best Community College team shows that. WAC will be fine but im expecting a 2-5 year process for this to turn around and get back to the top of the CC

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”