D3 Mens Lacrosse
Bananas4Lax3

Re: 2021 Coaching Carousel

Post by Bananas4Lax3 »

River Donkey wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:01 pm
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:59 pm
River Donkey wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:39 pm
And not one game coached as HC...
Read his quote in his press release at Spalding. No knock to the young man and good luck to him but :lol: is all I can say
I did, and I wish him all the luck in the world as well. 🤦‍♂️
I mean cmon there had to have been better candidates applying to this job or any job. How the hell do you hire a guy who has been the head coach of two other programs in just two years and never even made it to the season. Have heard he was told to start the program at Spalding and didnt bring in a single recruit. NOT ONE!
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Bananas4Lax3 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:20 pm Have heard he was told to start the program at Spalding and didnt bring in a single recruit. NOT ONE!
Pretty sad if true.

That being said, at Carroll;

Mens team 0-6, 14 men listed on the 2021 roster

Womens team 11-4, NCAA bid, 25 women listed on the 2021 roster.

Wonder if there is a correlation with the number of players and the actual success of the two programs ;)
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

Bananas4Lax3 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:20 pm
Read his quote in his press release at Spalding. No knock to the young man and good luck to him but :lol: is all I can say
I mean cmon there had to have been better candidates applying to this job or any job. How the hell do you hire a guy who has been the head coach of two other programs in just two years and never even made it to the season. Have heard he was told to start the program at Spalding and didnt bring in a single recruit. NOT ONE!
This is unbelievable.
SouthernLaxGenius

Trine University (Indiana) is posted
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

[/quote]

This is unbelievable.
[/quote]

These jobs are probably poverty level wages- what do you all expect?
SouthernLaxGenius

backerzone wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:14 pm
This is unbelievable.
[/quote]

These jobs are probably poverty level wages- what do you all expect?
[/quote]

Expect from the coach or expect from the administration?

2 totally different answers :!:
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:36 pm Trine University (Indiana) is posted
Wonder if Zimmerman is going back home to Michigan - maybe Madonna (NAIA)?
NJLaxer24

Post by NJLaxer24 »

HomerCoach wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:21 pm
Bananas4Lax3 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:20 pm
This is unbelievable.
Should this kid be a Head Coach? No

The problem isn't this kid, the problem is the administration. THEY hired the guy. THEY are offering crap pay.

Schools keep hiring young and cheap hires and they fail. Why would a kid choose these schools over anyone else? What is this guy going to teach young players off the field?

It's not his fault. They want 40 heads in the beds and they are never going to be successful.
SouthernLaxGenius

NJLaxer24 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 am Should this kid be a Head Coach? No

The problem isn't this kid, the problem is the administration. THEY hired the guy. THEY are offering crap pay.

Schools keep hiring young and cheap hires and they fail. Why would a kid choose these schools over anyone else? What is this guy going to teach young players off the field?

It's not his fault. They want 40 heads in the beds and they are never going to be successful.
No it's not his fault for moving on and accepting a job and trying to eat/make money or whatever. I am all for that. That being said, I am judging him, as I would with most any other head coach jumping to another head coaching job (assistant coaches are different) based on his "body of work". It is his fault for leaving two other institutions a hot mess/dumpster fire and not "doing his job" and growing/developing the programs hes been the leader of and making them better since his arrival. :roll:
wscl44

Post by wscl44 »

Last edited by wscl44 on Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthernLaxGenius

NJLaxer24 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 am The problem isn't this kid, the problem is the administration. THEY hired the guy. THEY are offering crap pay.
Also forgot to mention that Spalding pay > than Carroll pay ;)

Maybe living in and recruiting to Waukesha is > Louisville 8-)
SouthernLaxGenius

wscl44 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:30 am what happened at Huntingdon? it says he was the HC & there's an announcement, but i thought the coach they had there had been there since the program started continously?
I believe Carey (current coach) stepped away from college lacrosse, Nowell (Marywood) took over for "one season", Acevedo then got the gig officially for a cup of coffee, now Carey is back
MarloStanfield09

Post by MarloStanfield09 »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:31 am [quote=NJLaxer24 post_id=279831 time=<a href="tel:1626873721">1626873721</a> user_id=1696]
Also forgot to mention that Spalding pay > than Carroll pay ;)

Maybe living in and recruiting to Waukesha is > Louisville 8-)
[/quote]

Aye pal, why don’t ya go ask coach Acevedo to write you another scout for your coach at maryville….. he left two tough situations And to get on here and say Spaulding has any business starting a program and ruining coaches careers is crazy…. Move off the topic and go coach at Spaulding ya self if it pays so well - smh
"You want it to be one way........ but it's the other way........."
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Summer 2021 Movement Updated 3.0

Alvernia University - (Vacated by Carl Haas, 4yrs)
Amherst College - (Vacated by Rashad Devoe, 1yr)
Bowdoin College - (Vacated by Jason Archbell, 8yrs - Filled by Bill Mason, Lasell Head Coach)
Capital University - (Vacated by Dom Marzano, 5yrs)
Carroll University (WI) - (Vacated by Zack Olsen, 2yrs- Filled by Jacob Acevedo, Spaulding Head Coach)
Cazenovia College - (Vacated by Zak VanValkenburgh, 2yrs - Filled by Chris Cooper, Colgate Assistant Coach)
Concordia University-Chicago - (Vacated by Brian Welch, 4yrs- Filled by Scott Gwyn, Shaler High School Assistant Coach)
Denison University - (Vacated by Mike Caravana, 28yrs- Filled by Eric Koch, Washington & Lee Assistant Coach)
Drew University - (Vacated by Doug Sage, 4yrs- Filled by Dan Liedl, St. George's School Head Coach)
Gettysburg College - (Vacated by Hank Janczyk, 34yrs- Filled by Pete Toner, Penn State Associate Head Coach)
Greensboro College - (Vacated by Mike Foderaro, 7yrs - Filled by Nate Bates, Elon University Club Head Coach)
Guilford College - (Vacated by Mark Crisco, 3yrs- Filled by Mark Frey, Methodist Assistant Coach)
Heidelberg University - (Vacated by Bill Schmoldt, 6yrs- Filled by Mark Cyron, Mount Union Assistant Coach)
Keystone College - (Vacated by Justin Ross, 3yrs)
Lasell University - (Vacated by Bill Mason, 6yrs)
La Roche University - (Vacated by Cody Golon, 1yr)
Manhattanville College - (Vacated by Ryder Bohlander, 7rs- Filled by Kyle Hayes, Babson Assistant Coach)
McDaniel College - (Vacated by Keith Euker, 6yrs)
Medaille College - (Vacated by Dan Patrone, 4yrs - Filled by Sean Behan, Skidmore Assistant)
Messiah University - (Vacated by Atsen Bulus, 7yrs-Filled by Dan Carson, Santa Fe Christian School Head Coach)
Monmouth College (IL) - (Vacated by Chris Klaiber, 4yrs)
Salem State - (Vacated by Eric Small, 4yrs)
Spalding University - (Vacated by Jake Acevedo, 1yr- Filled by Kurt Ohlen, Former Johnson & Wales University Head Coach)
SUNY-Plattsburgh - (Vacated by Andrew Hauk, 1yr - Being Retained ???)
Transylvania University - (Vacated by Terry Justice, 10yrs)
Trine University - (Vacated by Karl Zimmerman, 7 yrs)
Wabash College - (Vacated by Tim O’Shea, 2yrs- Filled by Chris Burke, Maryville Assistant Coach)
Washington College - (Vacated by Jeff Shirk, 11yrs - Filled by Jon Nostant '86, Gilman School Head Coach)
Washington & Jefferson College - (Vacated by Kevin Kustron, 7yrs - Filled by Cody Golon, La Roche Head Coach)
William Peace University - (Vacated by Colin Smith, 2yrs- Filled by Dylan Price, Mount Olive Assistant Coach)
Wilmington College (OH) - (Vacated by Jeff Arneson, 4yrs - Filled by Garyck Todd ‘16, Pickerington HS (OH) Head Coach)
SouthernLaxGenius

MarloStanfield09 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:50 am Aye pal, why don’t ya go ask coach Acevedo to write you another scout for your coach at maryville….. he left two tough situations And to get on here and say Spaulding has any business starting a program and ruining coaches careers is crazy…. Move off the topic and go coach at Spaulding ya self if it pays so well - smh
My apologies for getting on here, giving an opinion or several based for that matter, on information and facts presented to me. How dare I :lol:

I'm so glad I have pal now to pop up every now again to check in on my posts and subject matter. While I do appreciate the offer to coach at Spalding, I dont think I could bring in more than 20 kids in a year of recruiting so I guess I'll have to pass. :mrgreen:

Cheers though :D
MarloStanfield09

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:49 am [quote=MarloStanfield09 post_id=279857 time=<a href="tel:1626879035">1626879035</a> user_id=2603]
Aye pal, why don’t ya go ask coach Acevedo to write you another scout for your coach at maryville….. he left two tough situations And to get on here and say Spaulding has any business starting a program and ruining coaches careers is crazy…. Move off the topic and go coach at Spaulding ya self if it pays so well - smh
My apologies for getting on here, giving an opinion or several based for that matter, on information and facts presented to me. How dare I :lol:

I'm so glad I have pal now to pop up every now again to check in on my posts and subject matter. While I do appreciate the offer to coach at Spalding, I dont think I could bring in more than 20 kids in a year of recruiting so I guess I'll have to pass. :mrgreen:

Cheers though :D
[/quote]

Then start ya posts with “just my opinion” …. Also, stick to ya day job - Louisville lacrosse needs YOU to focus !! Your facts are egregious and embarrassing for the party that you’re representing !
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

wscl44 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:30 am what happened at Huntingdon? it says he was the HC & there's an announcement, but i thought the coach they had there had been there since the program started continously?
My understanding was that Andrew Carey (original coach) stepped away for family reasons. Acevedo was his assistant and was passed over to hire someone externally for the job. The new head coach didn't last very long (maybe just the spring season) and was let go/left. Acevedo was promoted to head coach but soon after took the job at Spalding. Andrew Carey was then hired once again. Might be a little off on the timeframes of some of this but that was my recollection of the series of events
SouthernLaxGenius

MarloStanfield09 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:57 am
Then start ya posts with “just my opinion” …. Also, stick to ya day job - Louisville lacrosse needs YOU to focus !! Your facts are egregious and embarrassing for the party that you’re representing !
Why start a post with just my opinion, when, unlike some, my opinions arent pulled straight out the air without some sort of context or base. I'd rather start it with halfway decent grammar or spelling. 8-)

If you have a problem with what I say, want to get personal, need a few facts/sources, troll or want to go toe to toe on a few subjects, my DM is wide open, my new pal. :D

Otherwise, have a glorious day ;)
MarloStanfield09

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:29 pm [quote=MarloStanfield09 post_id=279872 time=<a href="tel:1626883024">1626883024</a> user_id=2603]

Why start a post with just my opinion, when, unlike some, my opinions arent pulled straight out the air without some sort of context or base. I'd rather start it with halfway decent grammar or spelling. 8-)

If you have a problem with what I say, want to get personal, need a few facts/sources, troll or want to go toe to toe on a few subjects, my DM is wide open, my new pal. :D

Otherwise, have a glorious day ;)
[/quote]

Then hit us with some facts about Spaulding and why they are struggling as an institution with no leadership. Enrollment is embarrassing and problems are wayyy worse than Acevedo staying for 8 months, working , and getting zero support to even host high school games or a showcase on campus ….. I think your opinions would be better taken if you shed light on these schools who start lacrosse when they have no business . You may also PM me! Good luck!
Bananas4Laxx

Post by Bananas4Laxx »

Leaving Spaulding after 8 months and then Carroll U hiring that candidate is everything that’s wrong with Midwest lacrosse

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”